"Everything Youve Ever Dreamed" from Shiro Sagisu

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
chocky
Embryo

"Everything Youve Ever Dreamed" from Shiro Sagisu

•      
  •      

Postby chocky » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:30 am

Just got this 7 cd set and its amazing, as well as all the music from the show and alternate takes there is a lot of music not used in the show that makes for interesting listening.

One track of particular note is a song called "Everything youve ever dreamed", sung by the same lady who does "Thanatos" (Adrianne?), that doesnt appear in the tv series or movies. It feels like it should be the end credits music for EOE (as that has no end credits as "thanatos" plays over the credits between 25' and 26').

Does anyone know if this track was released in any capacity? Also is S2 Works an official product as Ive only seen it for sale on EBAY?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:23 pm

S^2 Works is very real, although most of the copies you'll find on E-bay aren't. (I have a genuine copy myself.) And Arianne didn't sing "Thanatos" -- she sang "Komm, susser Tod".

"Everything you've ever dreamed" was also released on the "Refrain of Evangelion" CD.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

chocky
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chocky » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:48 am

Thanks for the info Reichu, are there any noticable differences between genuine and bootleg S2's? Mine has a booklet with lots of liner notes and an interview with Sagisu, also the cd covers are just close ups of the main characters faces.

On the subject of EVA music, I have the TV OST's(I-III) S2 and the EOE sountrack, are there any other CD's worth getting?

Cheers in advance :)

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:09 pm

chocky wrote:Thanks for the info Reichu, are there any noticable differences between genuine and bootleg S2's? Mine has a booklet with lots of liner notes and an interview with Sagisu, also the cd covers are just close ups of the main characters faces.

On the subject of EVA music, I have the TV OST's(I-III) S2 and the EOE sountrack, are there any other CD's worth getting?

Cheers in advance :)

If there's a large "SM" on the discs or the cases anywhere, that's a definite giveaway. :)
Natsukashii, ne?

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:28 pm

chocky wrote:Thanks for the info Reichu, are there any noticable differences between genuine and bootleg S2's? Mine has a booklet with lots of liner notes and an interview with Sagisu, also the cd covers are just close ups of the main characters faces.

here is a little guide i found on the web pertaining to bootlegs. yeah, it says "australian", but bootlegs are bootlegs any way you slice 'em. and generally, if you find a whole bunch of auctions on ebay that all look almost or exactly the same, the product being hawked is a bootleg. watch out for the actual disc contents, too - for instance, one bootleg version of the first .hack//SIGN soundtrack has the contents of the "obsession/yasashii yoake" single copied onto it as four extra tracks.
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:35 pm

If your copy of "S2 Works" is real, there will be a six-digit number printed on the white box. (There was a limited printing or something.) My copy is #010274.

The guide ToiletDuck linked to is absolutely correct. Recognizing the phony labels and shopping by catalogue number is KEY. If the merchant, or person, you are looking to get an album from doesn't supply the catalog number, or the publisher even, don't buy from them. If you are going to purchase new, find the reputable merchants and stick to them; when dealing with used CDs, employ extra caution. Also, if the price is too good to be true, it probably is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

•      
  •      

Postby chiefen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:56 pm

Reichu wrote:If your copy of "S2 Works" is real, there will be a six-digit number printed on the white box. (There was a limited printing or something.) My copy is #010274.

Dang! The only number I can find on my is KO-88051~6. Guess it's a bootleg, then. >_<

Btw, is the genuine box thin or thick? There are both versions on Ebay.

chocky
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chocky » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:18 am

My S2 is Ever Anime so :( . Thanks for the info guys, I'll be able to buy with confidence from now on :)

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:50 pm

having bought a few myself when i was younger and stupider, it's been my experience that bootlegs of music cds usually aren't of lower quality than the originals as far as content. they mainly just don't give money to the real powers that be, the companies that deserve them. t-shirts, books, shitajiki and dvds with a billion low-quality episodes on one disc are a different story, though...
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:55 am

If you're going to buy a bootleg, just burn the damn thing to CD-R instead. At least you aren't supporting the Hong Kong mafia that way.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”