OH NO! NOT MY LAZER DEATH SCREAM!?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

OH NO! NOT MY LAZER DEATH SCREAM!? (Spoilers)

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:30 pm

So as most of you know, the amazing Berserk Eva Unit-01 roar was taken out and replaced in the original series when they dubbed the English version because the Eva roar was on the same audio track as the Japanese dub or whatever.

Anyway, I was thinking and what if that happens again in the Rebuild 1.0? Can anyone who has seen the English dub confirm this yet?

Even more troubling: I honestly don't care THAT much about the Berserk Eva roar. But Ramiel's AMAZING laser death screech when it fires at Shinji in the Japanese version of 1.0? FUCKING EPIC! I had the headphones on full blast when I heard that and it sent chills down my spine.

I am traveling to Georgia soon to see RoE 1.0 in English in theaters and I am going to be sorely disappointed if they took that epic screech away :(
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Ramiel shrieks pretty well in this one too. So does Yui. I think there was a voice actor for Eva-Unit-01 listed in the credits :chinscratch:
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Is it JUST as terrifying?

Man I don't know what I'd do without it. It might ruin the entire climax

Kaji has cute melons.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 pm

I hear yah there, the dub roar of NGE was amazing and simply said BEAST. The one from rebuild during the Sach fight kinda sounded like a computer being raped by a dog.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 pm

So,did they ruin Her roar in Rebuild then?I mean,it's no big deal.But I hope the roar still gives you the feeling that the beast was released.If they screwed that up then they might as well just give up.Cant mess with the berserk scene.Those scenes typically tell you that you have released the beast from within :wink:.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Eva 04 wrote:I mean,it's no big deal.

When I read that I knew that either you didn't hear the original roar properly or the world is coming to a bitter end.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:46 am

wonderluster wrote:
Eva 04 wrote:I mean,it's no big deal.

When I read that I knew that either you didn't hear the original roar properly or the world is coming to a bitter end.

Ok.I am confused about what you said.But it sounds like you think I never heard the original roar.I have.I've heard both english and Japanese from the series and first Rebuild film.It's no big deal if the roar was changed because I'm sure the DVD will have a Japanese option like usual and we'll be able to hear it if the new one sucks.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 pm

I certainly hope so....I certainly do.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:04 pm

I only hope the roar is somewhat good in Rebuild.Been waiting for 1.0 to get dubbed so.Yeah.I hope it's somewhat good.If not,there's the Japanese option like I said if they put it in which I think they will.Wouldnt make much sense if they didnt.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 am

im failing to understand why we cant just have the ROAR from th Japanese track..
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:22 am

EvaCub wrote:im failing to understand why we cant just have the ROAR from th Japanese track..
In the series, at least, the EVAs were voiced on the dialogue track rather than the background SFX. I'm guessing the same is true for the movies.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:49 am

Disappoint!
I really enjoy the one on the Japanese audio track...
I remember when the audio leak of 1.0 dropped the best part listening to it was the bio mechanic ROAR
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Re: OH NO! NOT MY LAZER DEATH SCREAM!? (Spoilers)

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:10 pm

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:
Anyway, I was thinking and what if that happens again in the Rebuild 1.0? Can anyone who has seen the English dub confirm this yet?

Well that would indeed suck if the roar in Rebuild 1.0 was also replaced in the english dub. I most certainly hope its NOT the roar from the recent funimation trailer. That roar sucked arse......

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:Even more troubling: I honestly don't care THAT much about the Berserk Eva roar. But Ramiel's AMAZING laser death screech when it fires at Shinji in the Japanese version of 1.0? FUCKING EPIC! I had the headphones on full blast when I heard that and it sent chills down my spine.

Nah. I doubt that would replace that ear piercing shriek. What for? Also the new shriek for Ramiel isnt a new sound effect created specifically for Eva 1.0

I recently rewatched Diebuster (Gunbuster 2-released by Gainax 2004-2006) and in the last two episodes the Variable Gravity Well or Space Monster with the black hole attached to it also used it. In fact it would seem that the Shriek was made specifically for the monster in Diebuster.

Cheapos in Khara thought it would be easier to just lift the same sound effect from that anime. Nice one guys..... :smirk: I do however like how the shriek is used in Eva 1.0 more than in Diebuster. In Diebuster the monster makes the shriek like 3-4 times in a row.....which i find is incessantly annoying..... At least in Eva 1.0 the shriek is only used once or twice and very briefly too... I think it would be pretty corny to see Ramiel shrieking constantly for more than 12 seconds no?

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote: I think it would be pretty corny to see Ramiel shrieking constantly for more than 12 seconds no?

Agreed, it would take away from the Giant Impenetrable Diamond Effect..

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Maybe it was added as an artistic motif, not a way to bail on making some new sound effects...

I mean, EVERYTHING else was redone in 1.0 soundwise, and the production quality is phenomenal. I highly doubt this was done out of "laziness." They probably just thought it'd be neat

Kaji has cute melons.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:
DEMOLITION D+ wrote:

Well that would indeed suck if the roar in Rebuild 1.0 was also replaced in the english dub. I most certainly hope its NOT the roar from the recent funimation trailer. That roar sucked arse......

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:Even more troubling: I honestly don't care THAT much about the Berserk Eva roar. But Ramiel's AMAZING laser death screech when it fires at Shinji in the Japanese version of 1.0? FUCKING EPIC! I had the headphones on full blast when I heard that and it sent chills down my spine.

Nah. I doubt that would replace that ear piercing shriek. What for? Also the new shriek for Ramiel isnt a new sound effect created specifically for Eva 1.0

I recently rewatched Diebuster (Gunbuster 2-released by Gainax 2004-2006) and in the last two episodes the Variable Gravity Well or Space Monster with the black hole attached to it also used it. In fact it would seem that the Shriek was made specifically for the monster in Diebuster.

Cheapos in Khara thought it would be easier to just lift the same sound effect from that anime. Nice one guys..... :smirk: I do however like how the shriek is used in Eva 1.0 more than in Diebuster. In Diebuster the monster makes the shriek like 3-4 times in a row.....which i find is incessantly annoying..... At least in Eva 1.0 the shriek is only used once or twice and very briefly too... I think it would be pretty corny to see Ramiel shrieking constantly for more than 12 seconds no?

I agree that the Roar in the trailer sucked but unfortuantly,that might be the actual one.I mean,that roar just doesnt fit Eva 01 at all.I think they tried too hard with it.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Eva 04 wrote:I agree that the Roar in the trailer sucked but unfortuantly,that might be the actual one.I mean,that roar just doesnt fit Eva 01 at all.I think they tried too hard with it.

To keeps your spirits high, I would like to say I don't think that they would use the roar from the trailer, the music in the trailer was straight up awful for Evangelion and I don't think they'd change the music for Evangelion for a dub.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:15 am

Oh,I hope not.Changing the Roar is one thing.But changing the music?Yeah.Gotta say.If they change the music that's in it,I'm going on strike or something.I hope that all this waiting for the dub wont turn out to be a waste.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Does Anno get control over the dub as well? Or only some things?

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 pm

I doubt FUNi will change the music.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”