If you could be any Eva character who would you be?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: If you could be any Eva character who would you be?

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 am

Eh, I'd aim for Gendo but probably get stuck as Aoba. Such is life.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:27 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Eh, I'd aim for Gendo but probably get stuck as Aoba. Such is life.

This pretty much sums me up as well. :lol:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:06 pm

I'd choose Fuyutsuki. I'd be in an optimal position to assassinate Gendo (and make it look like an accident) before he fused with Adam, and later lead NERV in a righteous crusade against the forces of SEELE immediately after Tabris is disposed of, and before SEELE can launch their own offensive.

Either that or the red beret-wearing NERV gate guard from EoE. Sure I end up getting my throat slit, but it's a nice easy job with no assholes to deal with, and I don't have to live through 3I. ^_^
[Redacted]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:04 am

I would be Asuka.

You know why.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:20 am

This all hinges on whether or not I get to pick the day. If I do, I would be Kaji, for obvious reasons. if not probably Hyuga, as among the bridge techies his life seems to be the least complicated. Definitely not one of the kids, because holy fuckcakes is that ever asking for a shit sandwich. No, thank you!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:08 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I would be Asuka.

You know why.

Knowing what she has to endure towards the end of the series and EOE, I can safely say that you're lying. If not, you're a sadomasochist.

:cringe:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:41 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Knowing what she has to endure towards the end of the series and EOE, I can safely say that you're lying. If not, you're a sadomasochist.

:cringe:

That gives me at least six months to oil up.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: If you could be any Eva character who would you be? BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:56 am

Motoko. Lusting after a woman 5 years my senior who came from a cold locale would totally be something I'd do.

If the world truly hated me; Fuyutsuki.

If the world was indifferent to me; the pilot of the VTOL that was struck down by Sachiel after screaming the obvious.

... totally something else I would do...
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:18 am

View Original PostMoap wrote:I would definitely fawn over Kaji(I think I could get him, too)

"Nice try, kid-tits, but that stuff is for adults."
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 pm

I would pick Asuka...naturally. I just empathize with her the most.

And considering I tend to get her most on these danged Eva-character quizzes, I guess it's just fate.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:05 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I tend to get her most on these danged Eva-character quizzes, I guess it's just fate.

In the same way, it seems I am fated to be Shinji.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:22 am

^
I tried that character test too.....Ended up as Kaworu.

Don't know if I should be humbled, flattered....or creeped out. :cringe:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:00 am

I somehow missed this test.

But anyway, the questions is which character would you choose to be for a day, not which character do you empathize with the most. I don't empathize with Kaji in the least, but let's be honest, he's had some really great days . . .
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:02 am

So, I'd choose Shinji, but so long as I could also choose the day! There are days when being Shinji sucks, and days when it really doesn't.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:52 am

Not sure it was the same test, but I got Gendo by a landslide.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:03 am

You wish to shut yourself out from all those who care about you, only to long after a lost cause?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 am

What lost cause? Yui is right over there and he has a plan to get her back. Depending on the ending Eva is the story of how Gendo either wins or at least gets some closure.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:35 am

But Yui has her own plan remember. One that leaving Gendo and Shinji forever (for good reason) so......yes, lost cause
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:37 am

...which 1) didn't happen until the DC recuts and so doesn't matter at all in the original series and 2) he didn't know about and so can't be faulted for ignoring.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 am

It does make him a bit of a chump, though. All that trouble, and she wasn't even interested.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”