If you could be any Eva character who would you be?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 am

They all have rather sucky lives where every awesome factor gets "balanced" my multiple horrible ones, not anything I'd wish on anybody.

I guess I'd take Shinji's spot, first, to spare him of it, and then because that's one of the positions where you can influence the rest of the setting for the better. Also, freest possible acess to teh Rei.

Or Kaworu, because cool AT-Field powers and getting touchi-feely with teh Shin-can.
I'm probably too squeamish for heroic sacrifices, tho, which kimda leads back to the point of "all their lives are sucky."
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I guess I'd take Shinji's spot, first, to spare him of it, and then because that's one of the positions where you can influence the rest of the setting for the better.

I think that Q has pretty much proven otherwise e.e

Probably the best character to be would be Fuyutsuki. He is pretty cool and unlike most characters, his life and problems are not all that horrible.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 am

Pen-Pen

All will be right with the world

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:39 pm

While Asuka reminds me too much of my teenage self, I have to say. taking Kozo's role would seem most fitting.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:05 pm

I guess I could be young Gendo. His life seemed pretty interesting until he lost Yui. Then, his life was still interesting, but it was filled with an orgy of terror and general assholery.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:17 pm

He banged Ritsuko though. That's a pretty serious upside.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 pm

I call Gendo's Ritsuko-fucking phase "sticking your dick in crazy". Besides, he had reasons for doing it, like he has reasons for doing everything. I wouldn't want to deal with all of those conflicting goals and all of the manipulation involved in his little tryst.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:25 pm

She's the crazy one? Please. A Ritsuko in the bed beats a Yui in the Eva. Trade up for the newer model and all that.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:10 pm

I don't have a younger sister in my real life but based on the love Toji feels for Sakura, i would wanna be him. It also helps that the cute class rep Hikari has a crush on him which i consider the most underdeveloped romance ever.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:10 am

I'd totally go with Mari. Eva pilot? Check. Relatively stable? Check. Able to get away with eating and drinking in the entry plug? Double check. Yep, Mari is definitely my option.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:20 am

I would be Kaji, the only thing I would change is wearing a vest of graphene and carrying a gun.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:06 am

If I am a Eva Character , then I would be Shinji, though I am more sane than him and having less family Issues. I grew up only with my mom and my two sisters. My dad died before my birth.

Like Shinji, my path and place in life is uncertain. I'm not sure what I want to do with my life but it can become different, depending on the circumstances I'm in. I'cant take care on my own yet and I am dependent from others. I appreciate all the good moments in life and I struggle through any hardships until they are over. I hate it to be lonely, but if I want some company, no one has time for me or they are selfish douchebags and the effort I make is wasted. Mostly I'm cautious but sometimes I handle things with my feelings instead with my mind and it doesn't go so well.

When I think myself as Shinji and have to struggle through the whole plot of Eva, there are things that I would do different than him.

I wouldn't get my self get fooled by others. I would be more critical and tougher, make demands no one shouldn't refuse and I wouldn't just run away just because something horrible happens, instead I do my best out of this and I 'll always think about who and what's importaint to me.

When there is one thing I always wanted to do in Shinjis place, I would maintain my relationship with Asuka. I would make her realise, that I'm more than what she thinks of me and that her skills and pride alone won't fill the void and loneliness she hides and I'll be the one who fills her void and eases her pain. I might not be the one she want's, but the one she needs and with time we 'll fall in love and together we'll withstand the horrors.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:03 am

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Well if it's you being Shinji I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be a "little prick" anymore. At the very least he'd be a big, tough, and probably badass one.
This is amazing.

Anyway, what does this question even mean? Am I to find myself in the situation (and even body?) of a character, but free to follow my own, current will? Or is conciousness transfered, and nothing else, so that I must share their exact fate?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:13 pm

SPOILER: Show

Isn't it obvious? You can do everything. You can be a shining example for Shinji, Misato and Asuka. I would (if i have memory of my past self) try to convince Shinji to be like Kaji, would solve Misatos problem (with her father) and hang out with her like in Ha! at the bar. And would say to Asuka that she should drop the false pride. And in NTE i could actually alter the course of action. Growing some flowers and so on is pretty cool and unusual. I would def. try to fix Asuka or support Shinji because (in NGE) he respects me atleast and tolerates my behaviour. And being killed is not so bad.

If the limitation of one day wouldn't exist i would like to be either Gendo, Kaji or one of the childreans. Let the the Zufall decide what i'm. I like all characters - but it matters what you can do to prevent SEELE from screwing around. Shinji is a obvious choice like Asuka. Gendo can alter everything and Kaji too.

Just think about not shaving every day. Isn't this ideal (especially if you are Gendo). :hahaha:
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

TraxXavier
Lilith

Re: If you could be any Eva character who would you be?

•      
  •      

Postby TraxXavier » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Hmm... I think independent of what I would like if I would be one of the NGE characters I would be Lorenz Kiel.
Evangelion x Earth Final Conflict crossover FanFic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11613231/1/Deus-est-Nadia
Discussion thread: thread/17927/Deus-est-Nadia/?f=28

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:56 pm

If I got more than one crack at it, the first time I'd go for Fuyutsuki or one of the eleven SEELE members who aren't Keel and try to see how far I could go with zany hijinks before I got a bullet in the back of my head. You know, spend half of NERV's discretionary budget on a night of drunken carousing and sleep it off under Gendo's desk and try to pass it off as part of the scenario that Yui didn't mention (besides disappearing into the eva forever lmao) or something. Maybe try and teach Rei a different piece of slang (but with the wrong meaning attached to it) every couple of weeks and see how long it takes for anyone to notice.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:17 pm

I'd be Yui/Shougouki. Oh, the things I'd do as a giant.

:yui_grin: :eva01heroic:

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:31 am

That's an easy one. Kaji. Cool person, does the job every kid is dreaming of (agent), has the looks, famous with women, drives a Lotus (although this is only in manga). He is a man's prototype.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:50 am

Man, the earlier parts of this thread are a blast from the past. And I never actually picked someone, huh?
View Original PostRei IV wrote:I'd be Yui/Shogouki.

Yeah, that'll do.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Moap
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Moap » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:10 am

Asuka.
Good looks, and a college graduate at 14? Absolutely.
Also Bilingual.
Not having real parents is pretty awful though, at least Shinji has memories of Yui and a less distant Gendo. Still, Asuka has been the character that I think most resembles me, especially when I was a teenager.
I would definitely fawn over Kaji(I think I could get him, too), but being with Shinji would be.... tolerable.

My second choice would be Yui, but we aren't allowed to be Evas. Still, Yui has the same benefits of Asuka, being also good looking and extremely intelligent. Yui is also the worlds best mom, and she probably had a family. Gendo as a romantic partner is strange because I've always sided with Shinji over Gendo, but Ill take a wild guess that he was much warmer to Yui than Shinji.
The most painful thing for Yui, I'd imagine, is seeing your child be as distraught as Shinji. The only other sad part of her story is that she had to be seperated from Shinji and Gendo, with her and Gendo's connections she probably made it through second impact fine, she really does have an ideal life compared to the other Eva characters.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”