Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Nope. We were first promised it would happen in Feb 2013: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2142.html

Then in Dec 2013 we got news that the book was delayed due to the reorganization the publisher was undergoing: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2773.html

Since then it's been dead silent.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Does ANYONE here have any idea what is happening in ANIMA, because I need spoilers, and I need them now. Please PM them to me, because my mental well-being rests on it.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:40 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Does ANYONE here have any idea what is happening in ANIMA, because I need spoilers, and I need them now. Please PM them to me, because my mental well-being rests on it.

"Does ANYONE here have any idea what happened in ANIMA". Fixed :wink:

And yeah, they edit an artbook, they release a lot of models......but after two years we're still wating for the novel.

If it's not edited in the 20th anniversary it would be a shame, it's just a book, for christ sake!!!!

Or release an OVA series , you fuckers :devil: . Nowadays light novels are the main source of anime!!!!
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

skulkidcachi90
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby skulkidcachi90 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 am

Or release an OVA series , you fuckers Every single one of us is the devil inside. . Nowadays light novels are the main source of anime!!!!

Maybe we need to know if the Novel are at least decent.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:41 pm

View Original Postskulkidcachi90 wrote:Maybe we need to know if the Novel are at least decent.

- A "what if " with WTFs one after another??

CHECK

- Fanservice up to eleven??

CHECK

- Yamashita's crazy ideas everywhere?

CHECK

Enough for me.

And since when being decent is compulsory for an anime adaptation?? :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

skulkidcachi90
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby skulkidcachi90 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:01 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:- A "what if " with WTFs one after another??

CHECK

- Fanservice up to eleven??

CHECK

- Yamashita's crazy ideas everywhere?

CHECK

Enough for me.

And since when being decent is compulsory for an anime adaptation?? :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

That sound pretty damm mediocre and awful.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:45 pm

I still want Sore wo Nasumono to get an actual pseudo-canon adaptation, a la Anima. At least that had even MORE cracktastic ideas from Yamashita.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:37 am

View Original Postskulkidcachi90 wrote:That sound pretty damm mediocre and awful.

The trick is that ANIMA goes so much beyond the line in terms of fanservice and WTF that it stops being potentially mediocre to become crazy awesome.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:The trick is that ANIMA goes so much beyond the line in terms of fanservice and WTF that it stops being potentially mediocre to become crazy awesome.

And that's what spin off's/alter universes are for

ANIMA and Petit Eva did it right

SIRP, Campus Apocalypse and Shinji Ikari Dtective did it wrong. VERY WRONG.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm

I agree with Raising Project and Detective being bad, but what did Campus Apocalypse do so wrong other than the obviously rushed for time ending? :huh: GoS2 manga, I think would have been perfect in fan's eyes if not for the bad artwork (I still think it's very sweet though).

I just want some kind of ANIMA translation so I know if the story's decent or not. :sniffle: LAS implication does make me happy, but it's not enough to sell me the story's good.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I agree with Raising Project and Detective being bad, but what did Campus Apocalypse do so wrong other than the obviously rushed for time ending? :huh: GoS2 manga, I think would have been perfect in fan's eyes if not for the bad artwork (I still think it's very sweet though).

I just want some kind of ANIMA translation so I know if the story's decent or not. :sniffle: LAS implication does make me happy, but it's not enough to sell me the story's good.

IMO, Campus Apocalypse is the only spin off with no relationship with the Eva universe. Just your standard shonen story with added characters from other franchise. Just a cheap way to to keep milking the cash cow. It feels like SUper Mario Bros 2 USA or Universal Soldier for Sega Genesis

GOS 2 is a good manga, far better than Raising project. I just forgot :lol: But yeah, the artwork is too......personal.

Not only LAS, but wackiness everywhere...the fuck, Mari is a bioengineered catgirl who pilots a wolf EVA??

What else do you need?? :devil:

PD

I have purchased the first volume of Piko Piko :lol: :lol:

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Hmm I'm in the camp that says campus apocalypse was the best spinoff. At least it was cool. But yea, I'm all for an Anima anime lol.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

skulkidcachi90
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby skulkidcachi90 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:45 pm

I just want some kind of ANIMA translation so I know if the story's decent or not. LAS implication does make me happy, but it's not enough to sell me the story's good.

But we know at least if the Story if good, I really dont care about shipping that much (Even if I am a LRS Shipping, what is kinda Funny because I believe than Romance in general in Evangelion dont work) but I just want a well written story with good development.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:35 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Hmm I'm in the camp that says campus apocalypse was the best spinoff. At least it was cool. But yea, I'm all for an Anima anime lol.

Trust me, Petit Eva (the manga + ONA + DS Game) is, by far, tbe best Evangelion Spin Off. The Maki Oozora volume is fine (a spin off of a spin off??Seriously, Gainax?) bit not the same quality.

SIRP started fine, even great IMO. After the fourth volume I've read enough manga to predict the plot : Eva meets Love Hina in a LAS way (Asuka screams "Naru" even in her design) merged with a more serious plot which involved Rei. It was fine, it was great!!! But after volume 6.....Eva merges with Nisekoi :facepalm:

But we know at least if the Story if good, I really dont care about shipping that much (Even if I am a LRS Shipping, what is kinda Funny because I believe than Romance in general in Evangelion dont work) but I just want a well written story with good development.

Wackiness over the top is not enough for you?? Anima creates a new continuity, and we always wanted to see a grown up Shinji

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:28 pm

A grown up GAR Shinji! :D
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:54 pm

What is this, Evangelion: R?
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:58 am

View Original PostAngel of Will wrote:What is this, Evangelion: R?

Nopes, this is an official work. It's a light novel which depicts an alternate continuity where the 3I was stopped tanks to Kaji, and takes place 3 years after.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Oh, I was being sarcastic. I did read what it is.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:01 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Nopes, this is an official work. It's a light novel which depicts an alternate continuity where the 3I was stopped tanks to Kaji, and takes place 3 years after.

You referring to Modus' EVA-R fanfiction that GAINAX said "we won't sue you for using our characters"? The guy actually joined Anime Nation forums back in the day, but it's not official.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:42 pm

I think we have an attack of dangling pronouns here. It seemed like Jäeger was referring one or other of the official spin-offs, though being insufficiently clear about which.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”