Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:58 pm

I am skeptical of these efforts, the majority of the commenters are quite clueless. Not much hope for this.

Honestly the only Anima news I care about at this point is the compilation book which disappeared yet again. Announcement was promised in the April Dengeki issue this year. That passed and nothing happaned. Now we're a month more down the line, the May issue is out and still nothing.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Plz translate now... This is by far one of interesting sounding spinoffs of eva and yet I have no frigging clue what happens in it.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Hooray for justice and consideration.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

And the cease-and-desist request comes from Yamashita himself! :fistshake:

Well, maybe that means that an official English translation is in the boxes, or that now that they saw that people are interested in an English translation, they'll do it? (I want to believe)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Here's their discussion from Twitter, the guy was asking Yamashita for permission: https://twitter.com/MrJoeBlackwood/status/456592226613616640

Honestly, a cease and desist (Yamashita was more saying "please stop but I'm happy you're a fan") probably would have happened sooner or later, but I hope this is a sign an English translation is in the works.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

I wouldn't be so optimistic. Take Excel Saga for example. As far as I know there's no official english version but scanlation has been stopped anyway.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I bought a few volumes of the translated Excel Saga a decade or so back, though I can't remember who tho publisher was.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 pm

But I think that english version stopped on those few volumes. I ma be wrong on that, but it's still just one example.
Another jaded man.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Huh? The Viz Excel Saga manga was published until the final volume was released in the States this year: http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=9781421552347

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Well, then maybe there is still hope for ANIMA. But it will take years if it even moves.
Another jaded man.

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Sun May 25, 2014 3:58 pm

I've been searching around the internet for over an hour looking for scans and the like but can't seem to find any, can you guys point me in the right direction. I saw dead links in this topic for some, also has any of this been translated into English or even in a foreign language.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun May 25, 2014 4:22 pm

^
Sure Good Sir, here you go. Anima :D It's not all the pictures though but still quite a bit.

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 am

I found up until chapter 28 or the end of S2 but nothing further, that was midway into 2012 and it's 2014 now so there's a lot of catching up we need to do. Also what about that english translation I have heard about, any links or news posts because google doesn't bring up much.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon May 26, 2014 9:34 am

Anima ended with the April 2013 issue, there isn't that much missing from the raws.

As far as translations go they're all dead efforts, the most recent one neat the top of this page.

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Mon May 26, 2014 10:03 am

Well even if people did stop translating how much did they do, I also found this but can't seem to properly register on their forum. Im wondering how much the Spanish have done and if they possibly have any scanlations further than what's been found.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3474451925
http://evangelion2015.creatuforo.com/-temas27493.html

If it did end then how come that info was never updated on it's evageeks page, also any links to the covers or anything as there's barley any info and I want more.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:55 pm

(:|

Well damn. To be honest, I think it was absolutely a mistake to go and ask Yamashita-sensei for approval, as polite as it may be. The way I see it, the "tacit" part of the tacit approval for these things kind of require stuff just happen in a way that creators can at least pretend to look the other way. Asking for the permission forces Yamashita-sensei to take a stance and for most creators that approving is just not so easy, since it IS his livelihood in line and giving approval would limit his options in future. It's likely there's contractual reasons like exclusive publishing rights involved too...

Yes, this means fan translations (almost by definition) exist in a legal limbo where they can be shut down whenever. Them's the breaks, you need to deal with it. Unfortunately I don't see this in any way meaning there's any kind of official translation or western publication in progress...
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:12 pm

I still like to think if enough people petition to VIZ (or whoever), that could show there's an interest in the Western World. But I know like Carl Horn once told me, releasing ANIMA in the States/etc would really have to be worth it for them financially (since anime is such a niche market already).

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Since the Anima compilation book that has been promised since....forever still hasn't come out in Japan there is basically no hope for an official localization. For someone to localize by combining the monthly chapters on their own would be weird. If and when Japan finally does have a nice, neat, complete product, after that people can start talking about localization.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:23 pm

^
That book never came out in Japan?! I thought it did by now! Weird...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”