Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Evangelion ANIMA (general)

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 pm

I really hope they make these. I got a copy of the first from Otaku Mode and it is a grand book. Plus it would be nice to finally have the content from the last few chapters.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Mbryo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mbryo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:04 pm

Is there anybody who knows ANIMA well enough to explain to me the difference between
and
?

From the short summary I got, it seems that Shinji's Super Eva "evolved" into Adam, or a Giant of Light much like the awakened evas in Rebuild. But it seems that there are two forms of Super Eva's pseudo-evolution in ANIMA. The first image depicts SI Adam himself manifesting as an energy being shrouding the Super Eva, and the second image depicts the Super Eva radiating light from itself, much like Eva 13's awakened form. Can anybody explain to me what's going on exactly?
FUS roh Duh.

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:58 pm

From what I understand, Shinji was originally the "human" part of Adam that was cast off in order to bring it closer to divinity. When Eva Unit 01 is badly damaged, it takes Shinji's heart into itself and evolves into Super Eva. Later on in the story, it evolves again into Super Eva Final ver. which is what you see in the bottom image. Since Shinji was a part of Adam and is now a part of Unit 01, I think the idea was that it made Unit 01 a sort of proxy Adam. IIRC, the first picture was what triggered the evolution from Super to Final, and the second is just Final's version of the Giant of Light.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Mbryo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mbryo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks for the detailed reply ^_^

And I've got another question. I've heard from second hand sources that Shinji uses an upgraded version of the progressive knife or magorox sword wielded by the Super Evangelion, which supposedly cuts through objects with the power of a micro-black hole. Is this true? This seems pretty far fetched even for ANIMA...
FUS roh Duh.

Tumbling Down
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 pm

So, uh, who do the Evas fight if the angels are gone? I can tell there are Evas in the story from the pictures I've seen while looking ANIMA up.

Also, though this might not have a definitive answer, why is manga more often translated into/licensed in English than light novels? There have been two English releases of Evangelion spin-off manga to my knowledge, and a third one is coming. (Or maybe it's out now.)

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:16 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:So, uh, who do the Evas fight if the angels are gone?

Other Evas, I guess!

Also, though this might not have a definitive answer, why is manga more often translated into/licensed in English than light novels?

Manga has considerably less text per page than prose, and, furthermore, is almost entirely spoken dialogue, rather than more complicated narrative description and internal monologue and so forth. That alone can make it more economic to translate. Translated light novels may also be an unproven market, but I don't know as much about that.
Avatar: "That's right. I'm a gay robot." (David 8 image by Junseo)
Crying Man
(Or, How Dr. Katsuragi Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft. Chapter 10: Idle Hands released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:36 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Translated light novels may also be an unproven market, but I don't know as much about that.

None the less, there are some. I have Welcome to the NHK and the novelisation of FLCL, and there seems to be a commitment to producing the -monogatari series (I have the first three, and three more on pre-order).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:None the less, there are some. I have Welcome to the NHK and the novelisation of FLCL, and there seems to be a commitment to producing the -monogatari series (I have the first three, and three more on pre-order).

I have the full run of Haruhi Suzumiya, along with All You Need is Kill. There are a fair number of LN translations out there, but whether or not any given one's translated is kind of a crap shoot.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”