If the Angels were real, what would be your reaction?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

If the Angels were real, what would be your reaction?

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 pm

If the Angel's were real, what would be your reaction?

Imagine this scenario: You're minding your own business, when you turn on the TV to a news broadcast. You recognize Angels 3-17 rampaging throughout the world in random spots.

Sachiel: Marching through Japan
Shamshel: Whipping England to death
Ramiel: Blasting apart everything in France
Gaghiel: Sinking all naval craft; commonly seen near the Oceanic Islands and Pacific Ocean
Israfel (Merging and Separating at will): Dancing through Bejing
Sandolphon: Hopping out of volcanoes in Hawaii and parts of random islands all over the globe
Matariel: Melting everything in Germany
Sahaquiel: Dropping things on South America
Iruel: Infecting things in South Africa and spreading rapidly
Leliel: Appears in Canada, swallows a city, then moves on to another town to repeat the process
Bardiel (In Eva-03): Rampaging through Massachusetts and headed west
Zeruel:Smashing up most of the Middle East, then moves south.
Arael: Mind raping all manned space craft
Armisael: Infecting and consuming everything in the Northern part of Africa
Tabris: (In Eva-02) Starts in Russia, then heads west, then south.

Your reaction to this news broadcast? And no, the broadcasters wouldn't know the names of the Angels, or even that they are the Angels, that's just for convenience.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

I'd cry and would probably die if one of them gets to New York.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Well, Bardiel was seen in that part of the US, and could very well head that way.

I'd change zip codes, if I was you.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Something along the lines of "WHAT THE FUCK SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Cypher
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cypher » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 pm

"Well thats something you don't see everyday..."

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:44 pm

None of them are near me. ^_^

So I'd be like "OH NOES!" then I'll realize since I'm not directly affected by the horrible horribleness, I'd stop caring.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Australia will be fine. We always are.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:26 pm

:lastresort: possibly. If angst ridden teenagers were put in charge of destroying them and those crazy guys in India were right, yea i'd :lastresort:

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Since the Angels aren't coming to San Antonio (poor Alamo otaku...), I wouldn't give a rats ass, until I realize that if the Angels exist, then so does NERV, if that exists, then do the EVA Series, if that, then the pilots, and if so, then Rei is one of them, and I can finally forget about my ex.

Though that also means that I'll die at the age of 22, from Instrumentality related complications. So I can finally buy booze legally, and I have one year to get shitfaced enough to last a lifetime? Fuck that.

In all honesty, I don't really want to drink, having already done so, I can truthfully say that it tastes bad.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Cypher wrote:"Well thats something you don't see everyday..."
Bill Murray in Ghostbusters FTW! :clap:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:59 pm

"Saw it coming."
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:03 am

For those of you who say you wouldnt care because you wouldnt be in an area where the angels are, you do realize that with all 17 angels ona rampage it'd only be a matter of time before one of them comes to where you are?

First thing I would do is go something like "HOLY CRAP! THE DOOM IS HERE!" then I would go and move some place where there is no people since the chances of the angels screwing around in an unpopulated area is much smaller.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 am

I would go gather some friends and watch them destroy stuff on tv like it was some kind of sports game. I would bring chips, dip, drinks and everything. We would cheer and point at the screen when they destroy landmarks. We would be fine because none of them were headed our way.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:13 am

My reaction?

There will never a better time to splurge on hookers and cocaine.

Later I can raise an army and go all The Postman (Mad Max I leave to the Australians, who deserve it) in the relatively untouched "Midwest Coast".
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

TheRatherDVD
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheRatherDVD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 am

The Road Warrior could beat that postman guy any day. All he does is gather an army of Child soldiers and let them get shot.

Anyways, I'm in Australia so I might summon Zilla from Godzilla Final Wars. Not as good as the real thing, but can beat the crap out of an angel any day.
Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 am

I would probably turn off the TV, exclaim "All's right with the world!" and wait for my turn to get tanged. Done best in a pose similar to Keel's last shot in EoE.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:03 am

" Well, Shit"
I won.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 am

I would cheer them on.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 am

Title changed so people have an idea what this thread's about.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:40 am

i would be all like:

AWESOME!!!
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”