[CYOA] You're a Strange Man Gendo Ikari

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

[CYOA] You're a Strange Man Gendo Ikari

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:46 pm

As I was scrolling through the CYOA threads, I realized that the only characters you could play as where whinny, bratty, insane 14 year olds. While that could be fun for awhile, it would be nice to step into the shoes of someone who has already completed puberty and is a major badass.

The best person would be Gendo of course.

Like the other ones, you don't have to be in character...as you will shape Gendo's character and actions, and given he is a major character that will shape the way the world unfolds. Are going to have Gendo find a way out of 3I, or go down in a coke fueled frenzy like Tony Montana, gunning down endless Japanese Self Defense Force agents when SEELE comes down hard on you. Or will you dress up like a clown, and tell them "Gendo went that away guys!"

So for you, my dearest Evageek, I present CYOA: Your a Strange Man Gendo Ikari

Prologue: The Man with the Yellow Hat and Gendo Perform Experiments Against the Laws of Man and Nature.

It say its a rainy day in Tokyo-3 would be like saying the Atlantic ocean is wet. It was said to be the worst storm in Japanese history since Second Impact. Not that it mattered to any of them, Kozo Fuyutsuki thought, this facility is top of the line, and could withstand a thousand tornadoes raining down on it like Thor's Hammer. If they did care, at all, it made them feel relived. They where doing an experiment right out Frankenstein, might as well have the weather to go with mad scientist shit.

Yui-san, what have you gotten us into?

As Fuyutsuki entered Gendo's office, he sighed slightly. A week ago there was cluttered with data over the previous Eva Unit-00's test results scattered across the room. They where all positive, hell optimistic in fact, but for some reason he held off the live Sync test with Rei until today. But why? Concern for Rei, since she was a clone of his wife Yui? Or something else?

Gendo's back was facing Fuyutsuki, facing the wall, almost like a Bond villain. Sometimes Fuyutsuki thought he didn't do that to ponder anything, he did just for his own personal kicks. Way to fuck with our heads big guy.

"Rei's Sync test starts in a hour, although she didn't ask for it her self, the Psychological Staff , assigned to her by Dr. Ritsuko Akagi thinks we might get a higher Sync Ratio if we include you there in the testing area to put her at ease. Not that she seems to have that much of an attachment to you, but seeing the head of NERV there might build her self confidence.

Problem is someone forgot to inform the old bastards at SEELE that Sync Tests today where scheduled today, they will be mighty pissed if we don't inform them about the procedure first.

Plus, you have to deal with the bastards in Green Peace to build that Electromagnetic Cannon to the sea to the west of us. They think it will harm the Whales and Dolphins in the area. Dumbasses, don't the they realize if the Angles have their way, there won't be any Whales left.

Oh, I can't believe this slipped my mind, the President of the United States is willing to increase funding to the Japanese branch of NERV...on the condition we fill him in on what the Angels are really after. It seems he doesn't entirely trust SEELE either.

SELECTION

Pick two of the following

The top two choices chosen will be implemented, the rest won't.

1.) Come oversee Rei-Chan in her testing (+ Trust with Rei...duh) :huggles:

2.) Inform SEELE of Sync Test (- Suspicion with SEELE) :ninja:

3.) Order the assassination on the Heads of Green Peace, Fuck the Whales (+ Defense against Angel attacks, Eliminate a political enemy) :flamethrower:

4.) Talk to President Stephen Colbert (+ Funding, + Ally) :money:
Last edited by Themaninblack on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I won.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:03 pm

1 + 3
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:14 pm

4. However Gendo would loose his patience with him quickly.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:28 pm

You can choose two choices...Gendo has an hour to fill
I won.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Okay 4+1
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:03 pm

one and most definitely FOUR!
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Fuck yeah, # 4 it is!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:53 pm

These are becoming quite popular. There should be a Misato or Pen-Pen one too.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Curses you took my idea!!! :fistshake:

Anyways - 3 and 4. :nyao:

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:17 pm

^ I'm not going to do one but they sound like fun ones. Pen^2 could get mad at Asuka and poop in her shoes. :nyao:

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 pm

3 and 3. Oh, we have to pick two DIFFERENT ones? Then #1.

I'd also like to note that other less, conventional characters could be used in different plots, and someone could still do Asuka Soryu... There's LOTS of stuff to do with these.

*goes off to update*

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:58 pm

1 and 2. Maybe this way Seele will be completely shocked when you initiate instrumentality for yourself, and not be able to send in the MP Evas OR the SSDF, and Rei WON'T absorb your right arm :grin:
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby roblucci01 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Hell yeh, I want #4!
I hate the internet

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 pm

^ and that will be the final vote for this decision. Doing a quick update now.

:woohoo:
I won.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:17 pm

With that, 1+4 win

Chapter 1: This John Galt Speaking....LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

Gendo nodded to Fuyutsuki, and smiled widely. At least there was one person here he could rely on. The man might have a suspicious lack of military experience to help run a military base...but who the fuck needs "Experience" to run a Multi-Trillion dollar operation?

"Inform Rei I will meet with her in few moments, I need to call the President. I don't have time for the old men with illusions of bettering the world, when their fact their mere moments away from warping mankind into the exact opposite into anything resembling "humanity", and will make man pay the ultimate price for trying to run away from the harshness of reality. Also SEELE will understand if I don't bother asking them over every little thing.

Gendo picked up the phone, and and felt his stomach turn when he began talking to Colbert. He had clarify three times that wiping out the Bear population wouldn't remove the Angels ability to enter the Earth in the first place.

"...I mean what other group had its population grow during Second Impact other than bears? That's right none! This whole secret Illuminati SEELE group monitoring the world, must have some agents right? who would suspect the humble Grizzly Bear? I'm telling you, there playing both sides against each other!" Stephen screamed deliriously from the other end of the line.

"...That's...great...Listen Stephen, about that funding you where going to send to the Japanese branch....

" I'm wiring a Trillion dollars to you now" Colbert said off handly from his end.

"A Trillion....?!?!?!?" Gendo asked, his jaw on the floor. That was astounding....he could build another entire faculty with that cash.

"Yeah...annually....now about the bears..." Stephen began, before Gendo uttered some lame excuse involving pasta, that Colbert seemed to buy.

See Ep 5-6 to see what happened with Rei...pretty obvious

:smirk:

Both of Your Choices will affect one of the Two decisions you'll make in Chapter 4, and have further repercussions beyond that.

Two Months Later

"FATHER, WHY DID YOU WANT ME HERE?" Shinji cried from the platform beneath him. Their relationship was strained to say the least. its was a causality of this war they had to fight. Gendo had no time to be a father, he had only the time to prepare for the fallout with SEELE's and the Angel's schemes, if they could even be called that.

"Because, I need you" Gendo said in almost a whisper, but the tone it carried was so sharp, it gleamed out like if he proclaimed it to the world. Shinji had seen what the Angels could do, he couldn't refuse

"I'm not doing it." Shinji yelled out in a defiant whine, causing Gendo's facade to drop for a spilt second.

'Well, Shit' Gendo thought to himself. Shinji was one self centered little bastard.

SELECTION TIME: CHOOSE ONE AND ONLY ONE!

1.) Roll out Rei to guilt trip Shinji into piloting the Eva. :mwahaha:

2.) Go down there, and give brat a Bright Noa punch in the face for defying you to get him into the EVA. :slapslap:

3.) Tell Shinji off, to get him in the EVA. :tantrum:

4.) Beg Shinji and apologize to him to get him in the EVA like a little girl :nono:

5.) Call in a nuclear strike from America, as a favor from Colbert :heil:

6.) The Price is right, give Shinji anything he wants, money, power, women, JUST TELL HIM TO GET IN THE MECHA :worship:

7.) Yell out "WE'RE ALL FUCKED" and run for your life :gunmouth:
Last edited by Themaninblack on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I won.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 pm

3... punk needs to get his priorities straight.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 pm

2!!! I DEMAND 2!!!

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby roblucci01 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Six is so much win I'm sweating. Thats my vote there!
I hate the internet

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Hahaha, predicting how the trend will go, one will be vastly overlooked 'cause it happened in the series, so I'mma go with 6 as well.

Lol I just wonder what Shinji's price is...
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Number 3. If he still doesn't do it, have someone shove him in.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”