2.0 Subtitles Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:57 pm

that pic is a spoiler isnt it?

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:46 am

Ooops... that's right! Luckily it has been fixed...

Could I add that line of Engrish from the pic to my Signature? I don't think it could possibly spoil anything by itself?

I meant fanwank as in, "quick, fanwank something!"
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:22 am

Did anyone who saw the Engrish subs lol at

SPOILER: Show
When Rei in Unit-00 was charging into Zuruel with the missle and Misato yells something and the Engrish subs say... "I laughed... Hold! I laughed!"
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Did anyone who saw the Engrish subs lol at

When Rei in Unit-00 was charging into Zuruel with the missle and Misato yells something and the Engrish subs say... "I laughed... Hold! I laughed!"

Haven't even watched the Engrish subs to be honest. I think I'll wait 'til some decent ENGLISH subs pop up somewhere before I start watching 2.0 with teh subs.

However watching 2.0 raw has helped me with learning moonspeak! :boingy:

CZR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CZR » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Here are some revised/edited English subs:

http://www.mediafire.com/?whtg43epu4h

They're not 100% accurate (they're based on me going through the Spanish subs with Babelfish and Google) but they should tide people over until a proper translation from the Japanese is available. If nothing else they're completely de-engrishfied.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:49 pm

THANK YOU! I know some people care if they're 100% accurate, but I don't mind as long as the point gets across.

David_Retro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby David_Retro » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Hey man, THANK YOU.

As an Eva Fan for almost 10 years, I really appreciate the work you've done making the first real translation to english.

Spanish is my mother tongue, but I really didn't have any time to do the translation. But I tried for two hours and I only got to translate 200 of the approximately 1300 lines of dialogue. And then I got re-absorbed by my job. So I really know how hard this work was. THANK YOU.

And don't be modest. The translation is very good. I was checking the spanish subs and I found yours very faithful. Don't worry if it is not 100% accurate, because in translation, it's not about transferring words, it's about transferring messages, and your subs are very well done.

For all the Rebuild haters, I really encourage to give this a chance. Knowing what the characters are saying really gives the film another light, and there are new awesome things, concepts we've never seen in the series
like the mention of the Real Evangelion, among others.

Thank you again.

OKdesuKA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby OKdesuKA » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:16 am

Just wanted to log in to say about time! Great subs, props to you man.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 am

CZR wrote:but they should tide people over until a proper translation from the Japanese is available.

Still working on throwing that together. Compiling all the stuff posted in the translation thread is tough work, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

EDIT: BTW, thanks for doing this, CZR. The alternate translations, even second-hand from Spanish, are nice to have as (A) placeholders for proper direct Japanese-to-English translations and (B) tip-offs that a translation needs to be checked (when there is huge disagreement). Plus I like your wording better in a lot of instances. :thumbsup:

This really is going to be a total mashup of everyone's efforts.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eifandil
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eifandil » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Well, I have CZR's subs, and I'll be running over them for the next few days--or until a decent camrip/Raw comes out.

CZR, one question. The spanish grouping at the end, is that credits or subtitles to the flick?

Also, I would presume you don't mind if I meddle with your subs, considering you posted them, but in the spirit of consideration: Do you mind?

Edit: Nevermind on the question. I figured it out.

CZR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CZR » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Go ahead and meddle as much as you want.

Also if anyone wants to stick the subs up somewhere else for download/toss up a torrent with the subs included/etc go ahead. I basically just made them so people could watch the movie before the internet inevitably spoiled it for them, I don't mind whatever people do with them. I was trying to stick them up on Tokyo Toshokan but kept getting an error message, so if anyone can get it to work go right ahead.

Evafan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Evafan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks a lot czr! This is great. :clap:

Now I won't have to worry about the inevitable spoiling.

donk165
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby donk165 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Thank you so much CZR! I registered to this forum to thank you for the job you did on the translation! It is much better than the track i received in the download i got.

Im just watching it now for the first time using your subs! Looks good so far!

Zeon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zeon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 am

I really appreciate the effort, CZR. Thank you very, very much.
"I've never had any cherished dreams or ambitions. I don't aspire to any future profession or career."

frankens
Embryo

Another attempt at making a better english sub...

•      
  •      

Postby frankens » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:28 pm

It's my first post here~ (being a long time eva fans that's rather strange i admit) :nyao:

Anyway here's my attempt at improving the english sub you see with the cam version of Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0, based on the previous direct translation of the spanish sub, and together with my self-learned understanding of Japanese, this is what i arrived at. Hopefully it's a bit more helpful than the original translation

[url]http://cid-5de06c14034a3b5c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Rebuild%20of%20Evangelion%202.0%20You%20can%20%7C5not%7C6%20advance.srt[/url]

Of course the correction still isn't perfect, there're a couple of lines my limited Japanese hadn't manage to decode; anyone who can offer suggestion would be much appreciated~ (And i've got to say, the english lines of Kaji at the beginning is just SO hard to analyse; Mari's are much better~)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”