[CYOA] Asuka Shikinami [spoilers][COMPLETE]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

[CYOA] Asuka Shikinami [spoilers][COMPLETE]

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm

This is a Chose Your Own Adventure, similar to Legendary's about Shinji in the series (huge thanks to him for giving me the OK to do this!) but about Captain Asuka Langley Shikinami in the 2.0 universe. That means there ARE spoilers, so turn back now if you don't want to see anything.

The rules are simple: I write up a post about Asuka, and YOU (yes you) the audience get to decide where her actions led next, including possibly changing the outcome of THAT event (depending on where people want things to go, there just might be a way to prevent Bardiel from harming her....). Just keep in mind I need at least 3 to 5 replies (Remember, you can only vote ONCE for each option) before I can write up and post the next outcome which allows the story to progress. Each of the different options can lead to a slightly different--or sometimes majorly different--outcome in the story.

Also, there will be some fanfiction elements to this, depending on where the audience wants Asuka's story to go, but there's nothing wrong with some creative freedom, am I right? :wink: The next chapter after this will hopefully be posted tomorrow morning or Thursday morning, I'll do what I can do make it tomorrow though. Enough talk, let's do this thing! :asuka_thumbsup:

Having soundly defeated the 7th Angel earlier that day, you arrive at Lt Col Misato Katsuragi's apartment. Your name is Asuka Langley Shikinami. You're a genius at only age 13, being the Second Girl, proud pilot of Evangelion Unit-02, and Captain of the European Air Force. As the sun sets, signaling the start of your first night in Japan's Hakone, in Tokyo-3, you unpack your belongings. Granted, in doing so you're kicking out the Third Boy of his decently-sized room, but you deserve some perks for being so important in the grand scheme of things.

After Misato arrives home and explains the living arrangements (you and that perverted boy have to live together?! It's beneath you!), you notice her going off to the kitchen to help herself to some Yebisu. How Misato can still drink beer after all these years, let alone such crappy beer, is beyond you. Although you only tried the stuff once back in Germany, so maybe you're not a good judge of it...

The Third Boy, rather, Shinji Ikari, is busy putting his few positions into the storage closest--his new room--which is directly across from your room. You smirk a little, amused at his quiet mutterings about his relocation. He seems somewhat depressed, maybe annoyed. It's hard to tell which. Sighing to yourself, you decide to:

1) Forget about things for awhile and go take a bath. :misato_service:

2) Politely ask Order the idiot Shinji to help you unpack the rest of your belongings, provided he doesn't do anything perverted to them.

3) Relax in your room since there's still some time before dinner.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Service service! #1!

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Re: [Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0] CYOA: Asuka Shikinami (SPOIL

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Your name is Asuka Langley Shikinami. You're a genius at only age 13, being the Second Girl, proud pilot of Evangelion Unit-02, and Nerv's Captain.

FYI, She's actually the captain of the European Air Force, not Nerv.

Also, #2
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:14 pm

2 - I demand some conflict! :leekspin:

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:46 pm

I demand to know what the deal is with the name change (unless it's some Webuild thing).
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Barong
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Barong » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:46 pm

3 - Asuka alone with her thoughts = win!
and he who forgets will be destined to remember

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Hmmm....It's between 1 and 2.

1. Gives us a chance for the naked Pen Pen panic scene.

2. Holds potential as well. Shinji could get punched and or kicked for handling her underwear.

Oh well. I'll go with 1.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 pm

I go with 2.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm

# 2 it is, the post will hopefully be up sometime tomorrow (MAYBE in the morning).

Right now, I'm going to go dip my head in a vat of acid due to having to deal with unrealistic parents. *Head fucking desk*
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:06 am

Hey SSD-chan!
I was late T.T
# 2 too XD
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Here's a long post to make up for the delay! ^_^ I have a general idea in my head of how things will be mapped out for this CYOA, but for the most part it will relate to how far YOU want things to go. :wink: (For instance, it's possible things may progress as far as 3.0 territory or even post-3rd Impact just depending on what everybody votes on.) Anyway, I'll post the update after this sometime tomorrow (either morning or afternoon, it probably will be more of a "normal" length). Anyway, enjoy!

Noticing Shinji laying on his futon, you smirk as you lean against his sliding door, arms crossed against your chest. "Hey.", you begin, not bothering to address Shinji by his first or last name. He blinks, sitting upright. He seems puzzled you're there.

"Oh, um... Hi, Shikinami.", he stammers, taking his SDAT earbuds out, looking confused. "Uh, did you need something?"

The smirk never leaving your lips, you walk up to Shinji, his face eye-level with your chest. He blushes, but makes sure to maintain eye contact so you don't get the wrong idea. "As a matter of fact, I do."

He's pretty boring. Oh well...

He raises an eyebrow. "What is it?" Glancing momentarily around the room, you notice that his few possessions-clothes, some books, a few CDs and DVDs, along with the basic necessitates of furniture--are unpacked and neatly organized.

At least he has sense when it comes to keeping things tidy.

Mustering the sweetest voice you can, you say "I need your help putting my room together. You wouldn't mind, would you?" You bend down a bit more for added emphasis. His face looks red enough to start a fire.

"But...but, I have to make dinner soon..."

You frown, straightening. "Oh come on! It's not going to take THAT long!"

Shinji makes a slight fact, flatly replying, "I've seen how many boxes you have, Shikinami."

Rolling your eyes, you shake your head. "Fine." Using some reverse psychology, you head back towards your room, picking up some boxes with one hand, opening the sliding door with the other. It's harder than it looks, considering you didn't realize just how heavy one of the boxes--

"ACK!"

Before you can slip from losing your balance, Shinji has one hand on your back, the other holding the heavy box. "Are you okay, Shikinami?"

Blue meeting blue, you stare into his eyes for a moment. He's really...cute, once you think about it. Almost as if he has a sad poet look to him. Your cheeks turn a slight hint of red (are your eyes fooling you, or did he blush a little too?) as you shake your head to clear it.

"Ye-yeah."

You straighten, setting the box you're holding on the floor next to your bed, placing your clothes into the nearby drawer. At least Shinji's (former) furniture is still here; it makes unpacking a whole lot easier.

"KYAAAA! I didn't give you permission to touch THAT!" Instantly, your hand reaches for the panties Shinji only started to grab, and you push him away.

"But I didn't mean... I mean, I do Misato-san's laundry all the time..."
Blushing, he gulps, working on a box that just has some jeans and tank tops.

You roll your eyes in reply. "And I bet you do ALL sorts of "fun" things to her clothes, too."

"I do not!" Shinji replies, face red. He looks pretty annoyed. "And if you're going to keep making fun of me, forget I offered to help!" He stands, getting ready to leave.

Whoops. It seems you went too far. "Hey wait!"

He turns around to face you, looking confused.

Sighing, you stand, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, okay?" You honestly add, "I do appreciate your help, I just tend to get a little defensive when people touch my things."

He mutters something about "a little?", but accepts your apology, going back to work.

About an hour later, the two of you have organized your whole room. Nodding to yourself, satisfied, you put the final item--the most important thing you own--against your futon. The doll that once belonged to your mother, Kyoko. Staring at it, your find yourself frowning. You look up to see if Shinji noticed your sudden change in demeanor, but he already quietly made his way out to the hallway and into the kitchen. He's starting to make dinner.

You're glad. You really don't want to explain the doll to other people, anyway. It's not their business.

Soon enough, dinner is ready. Chicken teriyaki, brown rice, and broccoli? It looks good; smells good too. Mouth watering, you sit down next to Shinji and across from Misato.

"Itadakimasu!" The three of you happily dig in.

Looking across from your seat, some rice in your mouth, you frown. Then you blink.

What's that sitting next to Misato, and why's it drinking beer?

"Um, Misato? What's...?"

A Penguin?! Misato MUST have slipped something into your soda when you weren't looking.

She looks up from her can of beer, all smiles. "Oh, this is Pen Pen. He's a Hot Springs Penguin and your other roommate. Cute, isn't he?" Misato pets Pen Pen on the head, who happily "warks" a hello at you.

You make a face. "Well as long as he doesn't peek at me in the shower, that's fine."

Misato snickers to herself while Shinji tries not to choke on his food. Sighing, you sip some soda, brushing a strand of red hair away from your face.

A pervert, a drunk, and a penguin? This living arrangement is bound to be interesting.

That night, you lay in your room. Holding your finger puppet doll from your mother, you play with it.

In what you've dubbed over time as your "doll" voice, you say: ""I'm different from them, I'm special! Because of that..."

You add in your normal voice,"You have no choice but to be alone, Asuka."

You shut your eyes, throwing the doll against the wall. Mama.... why did you have to die? Why did you have to lose your mind after that Eva experiment?

Soon enough, you drift off to a dreamless sleep, thankful that no nightmares plague your thoughts tonight.

A few days later, you find yourself at the Maritimal Preservation Zone along with some classmates, Shinji and Rei included. The guide is Kaji, a Nerv agent who worked alongside your stepmother and father back in Germany. You don't know him too well, but at least he seems nice and he's VERY pleasing to the eyes.

After wandering around the area little, you sit down at a bench, taking out a portable game of yours. You let out a relaxed breath. Being around people is fun, but it really wears you out when it's not Nerv-related. At least you have some down time to just relax--

"Ayanami, are you feeling any better since that battle?"

Or maybe not. You stiffen. Shinji is talking to...

"Yes. I'm fine."

That girl. Rei Ayanami, the First Girl, pilot of Evangelion unit-00. You don't know much about her, but something about her just grates on your nerves. It's hard to say what.

Growling under your breath, eyes narrowed, you notice Shinji and Rei are standing together at a nearby fish tank, chatting away about this and that.

Making a face, you....

1) Give them the cold shoulder and continue to play your game. It'll be awhile before lunch, anyway.

2) Interrupt them by joining in on their conversation.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm conflicted...do we add a dose of Soryu to Ms. Shikinami, or keep the train rolling in familiar-ish territory?

Gah!

*flips a coin*

Cold shoulder it is...

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Will someone PLEASE explain why the hell her last name is "Shikinami"? Seriously, it's really confusing.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:49 pm

...because SSD hates you. That's why it's Shikinami.

I vote that we interrupt them because that's more fun.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 pm

This seems fun, so I think I'll join...

You know, I think that this is an opportunity - an opportunity to dispense some real justice upon the universe of NGE. For too long the universe has had to exist under the tyranny and the whims of a perverse, underlying evil. And by choosing the path of this flawed yet noble knight, we have a chance to see a world free from this Cthulhu incarnate! This evil is know to us by one name:

Shinji Ikari!

At last, we may have a chance to bring death to this foul one! While we may lose a weapon against lesser though more numerous foes, it may be a price worth paying for ultimate salvation.

With that, I cast my first vote to ultimately kill Shinji Ikari!

Now! [Best Dan Green Impression] CYOA vote GO!

I choose:

2) Interrupt them by joining in on their conversation!

And that ends my rant. [/Best Dan Green Impression]

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Shikinami Asuka: DESTROYER OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CONVERSATIONS!!

By the way, this is a really good read. :thumbsup:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 pm

schismatics wrote:By the way, this is a really good read. :thumbsup:

Daww thanks. ^_^
Keep the votes coming!
Veg: Asuka's last name (among other things) was changed in Rebuild, yes.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:25 am

this is fun to read.

commence jamming of conversation.

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:43 am

Interrupt them!! as the harbinger of chaos you shall interrupt their little chit chat.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:38 am

Chowwow wrote:You know, I think that this is an opportunity - an opportunity to dispense some real justice upon the universe of NGE. For too long the universe has had to exist under the tyranny and the whims of a perverse, underlying evil. And by choosing the path of this flawed yet noble knight, we have a chance to see a world free from this Cthulhu incarnate! This evil is know to us by one name:

Shinji Ikari!

:lol:

LeoXiao wrote:commence jamming of conversation.

That's the coolest way possible to phrase it. :smirk:

Option 2 it is!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Role-Playing Related”