[CYOA]Shinji Ikari

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

[CYOA]Shinji Ikari

Postby Legendary » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Basically, it goes like this. You, the forum members, will have the vote on this weird emo kid who is called to a city to fight alien monsters. Throughout this CYOA you will get to interact with a wide variety of individuals with their own quirks, attempt to deal with your own mental problems, and have some awesome battles.

I won't give away much more than that, but I'd like to note that a minor idea behind this CYOA is to see if a happy ending is possible with the background stories of the people you get to interact with. Without further ado, I introduce: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Interactive Project. (and I pray desperately that people will be interested in this idea)

The lights come on, and you gasp at what you see. It's almost human, that face, but not. It feels almost familiar. It's a purple, horned being, its neck rising out of the orange waters. You look in your manual for information on it.

The doctor scoffs, and explains. "This is the Ultimate All-Purpose Humanoid Decisive Battle Weapon developed by humanity. The artificial human, Evangelion. That is EVA-01.”

"This is my father's work?" you ask.

"Correct." You gasp, and look up. It's him! "It's been awhile." Father. Damn him. "Sortie."

The other woman - Katsuragi - doesn't like this, and protests, mentioning something called Eva-00. The adults argue. Finally...

"You will get into it."

"Eh?"

Katsuragi protests again, most reasonably. How the hell are you supposed to do anything with that thing? You've probably never seen it before in your life. The doctor says they don't expect anything more from you than to get inside.

They're all looking at you expectantly. What are you going to do?

1) Get in.
2) Refuse, but stay in the room.
3) Refuse and attempt to leave.

So yeah. If you find this remotely interesting, just make a post with the action YOU want Shinji to take. Hopefully this works...

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure: Shinji Ikari

Postby schismatics » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Legendary wrote:3) Refuse and attempt to leave.

:boingy:

So do I write something here or do you?? :headscratch:

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm

I will, once a few more people offer their opinions.

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rock-Slash » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Legendary wrote:4) Refuse and attempt to suicide with lots of angst.

THIS. Or the third option.
Last edited by Rock-Slash on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

3) Refuse and attempt to leave.
THIS should be interesting...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 pm

1) Get in

By God, Shinji will have a pair this time around.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 pm

3) Refuse and attempt to leave

If there is an option, I'm certain getting ahold of Misato's sidearm by faking a fondling attempt could prove quite effective.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 pm

1) Get in

By God, Shinji will have a pair this time around.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:45 pm

Get in!

He musn't run away~
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:43 am

Well lets first analyze our possibilities here...

Legendary wrote:3) Refuse and attempt to leave.

Now this can lead to a few different things:

-Shinji leaves and continues to live a lonely life with his teacher and is blissfully unaffected (directly) by Nerv, the Evas, and his Father. The end.

-Shinji exits Nerv, only to get crushed by falling debris as a result of Sachiel's attack. The end.

-Shinji is somehow lured back into the room, or is prevented from leaving, and finds that he never really had a choice in the first place. ;D

2) Refuse, but stay in the room.

Now this will undoubtedly lead to the same thing that happened in the series.

1) Get in.

Now this one can lead to various possibilities, many of which allows the story to continue in a new direction.

I say we go with choice number 1: He gets in.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:59 am

Sachi_13 wrote:only to get crushed by falling debris as a result of Sachiel's attack.

I swear on my life that this will not happen, even if choice 3 wins (it's tied right now, so I think I'll let the deciding vote be the option). As a general rule, by the way, there are no ways to reach "the end" unless Shinji's life is in immediate danger or Shinji is the last available pilot and he (through inaction) allows an Angel to reach TD.

I'm also not fond of "no real choice" decisions. All three choices lead to different results.

EDIT: Combs (below) made the final vote. No further votes are being accepted at this time. A continuation should be posted shortly, so everyone may vote again when that is up.
Last edited by Legendary on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Combs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 am

This has potential so... number 1: Get in. The other options are a bit redundant.

welcome back, Sachi
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:27 am

I feel obliged to make a few notes here. First off, this baby isn't going to play out like the original series, not even in Angel order. There's a few reasons for this, but I think the main one is that the old Angel order, the old set-up... Everyone here knows it. The game isn't fun if you just do more or less what Shinji did in every battle; you'll win easily.

Secondly, there's a slight bit of realism here as far as character interaction goes. I keep track of what each character thinks of you, so that you can't slap Asuka one day and then ask her out the next (well, if I gave those sorts of options, you could, but you wouldn't get a yes.)

For the only example of this you guys will get: Running away directly would have made them think less of you. Refusing to get in but staying nearby wouldn't have affected anything. Getting in actually impressed everyone. Gendo won't be buying you a birthday present any time soon, but... well, it's a start.

Okay, with the only two important things explained, here's the next part of your happy fun story:

You gulp, but somehow, if they don't expect all that much from you... That can't be so bad, can it? "I... I'll pilot it!" you announce.

They all seem surprised. You can almost hear them thinking that they didn't expect that from a boy like you. But... the last time any of them saw you was when you were four. You're braver than that now.

Right?

A cylinder lined up with the back of the neck of the great purple beast in front of you, and the doctor helps you get in and shows you how to properly strap yourself in. Then she leaves you. The door of the cylinder (apparently called an "Entry Plug") seals up, and movement a few moments later suggests that it has been retracted into the behemoth.

A few minutes later, it begins filling with fluid. You consider screaming or something, but... Father wouldn't have called you all this way to drown you in an intricate death trap. You hear shaking debris too. The monster outside must be getting closer.

Colors flash all around you, and you can hear the technicians through the radio whispering something about "40 percent synch," whatever that means. Apparently it's a good thing.

Suddenly, you feel flattened against your seat as the robot is apparently rocketed upwards, carried to the surface by some sort of lift. The cameras of the robot don't see behind you (what a stupid design flaw), so you have no idea what exactly it is...

Finally, the beautiful city streets appear, and you aren't being accelerated at a couple of G forces. The monster is standing... floating? (well, it's BEING) across from you.

It's long and cylindrical except for the head, and it floats above the city street. It might be facing you, but the eyes on its head look fake. Two small wings stick out to the side, although they neither flap nor seem to contribute anything to the impossible floating of this creature. The bones underneath are disconcerting as well.

It does seem to react to your presence, however, raising itself up and defying gravity even further. The wings suddenly begin to glow and whip-like protrusions appear.

You wonder if just getting in the "Eva" (as the doctor called it) was really the smartest move. You also wonder what to do next.

1) Just stand there (it is all that is required of you)
2) Run away (this can't end well)
3) Charge at the beast (maybe you can get to it before the whips break the robot's armor)
4) Ask for help (no shame in that, right?)

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:45 am

4) Ask for help

The only logical solution if they shove you into a war machine, and you don't know what any of the buttons do.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Combs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:41 am

Shamshel eh? I would ask for help from the command centre.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:03 am

While just standing (to see if Sho reacts) would be interesting, I gotta say number 4.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:43 am

I agree that Shinji should ask for help.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 am

I want to vote for #3... but #4 is much more sensible. 4 it is.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am

#3 - I wanna have Shinji SCREEEAAAAMMM!!!

Gryphus_OnE
Adam

Postby Gryphus_OnE » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 am

#4 most realistic, and logical, and Shinji move *but it'll be phun to hear him scream too :D*

Return to “Role-Playing Related”