[LAEM] Just a detail

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Oroboro
Adam

Just a detail

Postby Oroboro » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:13 pm

I just realized that Weta hasn't released any pictures of the Shinji character. I realize that they haven't put all of their designs on the web, but, I still wonder why.
a Dream that never ends
a Love that never dies
like living on the other side of the sky
When everything’s an illusion
Life is neither borrowed nor bought it’s just something that you’re using
Nothing is my freedom
yet,
Nothing my cage
Man! it’s great just to be living
in the paradox age.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:42 pm

Because hot girls are more fun to draw then scrawny little boys.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:13 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Because hot girls are more fun to draw then scrawny little boys.

Very true, also they will likely hold of on Shnji until they get some one cast for the role.

I hope this POS never gets made.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:06 pm

Because hot girls are more fun to draw then scrawny little boys.

Okay, so how do you explain the girls they drew?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:14 pm

Shinji will be an 18 year old played by a 28 year old.

We know this. they know this, they just don't want anyone else knowing this. Like Anno for instance.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:40 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Okay, so how do you explain the girls they drew?

New Zealanders wouldn't know sexy if it jumped in their lap and asked for hot passionate luvin...? :?

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

Postby chiefen » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:12 pm

DatDude wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:Because hot girls are more fun to draw then scrawny little boys.

I hope this POS never gets made.

It irritates me that some people think so. Even if the live action sucks the original anime will still be there JUST AS IT WAS BEFORE. It won't ruin the anime, damnit. Frankly i believe the live action will be worth watching just for cool fight scenes.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: ^_^ \/,,

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:24 pm

chiefen wrote:Frankly i believe the live action will be worth watching just for cool fight scenes.

I've tried applying that logic to Star Wars Episode III. It had superb action sequences. But in the end, it was still one of the worst films ever written.

I don't want to see that happen, even if it gives me something to leech off of as an entusiast.

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:25 pm

j00 you didn't like Episode III!?!?!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:34 pm

anatrok wrote:j00 you didn't like Episode III!?!?!

If it didn't involve Anakin turning into Darth Vader, it would have been decent. As it stands, from a writing perspective, it was terrible. Anakin's turn to the dark side was irrational and unbelievable. And Hayden Christiansen's poor acting didn't help any. George Lucas needs to go back to college and take courses in psychology, and then go back and remake the Star Wars series all over again. And given that he's already Re-re-remastered the original trilogy, I don't see why him wanting to remake the entire series is unrealistic.

I fear someone like Lucas getting their hands on Evangelion. Anno's grasp of character psychology was so profound, juxtoposing it with Star Wars makes the flaws in Lucas' story very obvious.

But, at any rate, this is drifting off topic, so lets get back on topic.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:47 pm

Just wait. Once Lucas is dead, anyone with enough $$$ will be able to buy the rights from his estate and produce remakes. And if we're REALLY lucky...

Is it just me, or was General Grievous the coolest thing about ... about ... dammit, what was Episode III called? ... ROTS. :chortle: Love the acronym. Oh yeah, and seeing that little bitch Anakin get burnt alive was kinda funny, in retrospect.

Maybe Lucas will obsessively update I~III like he did (assuming he's done, which I doubt) with the originals. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll actually end up being better as a result. :P

Bad things for the Evangelion movie, I fear.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:07 am

perhaps, but the updates still wouldnt change everything...
the only thing that the movie could screw up is the potential audience for the anime.
speaking of the anime, i was wondering it gainax had anything planned that would completely redo the series. since they repeat a lot of footage, and certain episodes have art/animation done rather differently from sadamoto's style (really thick lines, really upturned noses, strange/different eyes...) and some footage gets played over and over again...
and the correct yoda translation requires more mangling of the grammar
movie for evangelion...hmmmm...bad things fear i for its fate....a disturbance in the force there is...hmmmm

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:44 am

Forget the series -- I want them to reanimate every shot in EoE with an Eva in it. (Well, most, anyway.) Under MY supervision. I wouldn't change the story at all, of course -- just fix up those horrible design manglings and continuity problems that could kill an elephant.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:58 am

yea
i mean...the battle with zeruel was an amazing shift from extreme detail to...
splodgy misshapen 01...
then again, anno wasn't really thinking too clearly when he made it...right?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:51 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:New Zealanders wouldn't know sexy if it jumped in their lap and asked for hot passionate luvin...? :?

As an Australian colleague of mine is fond of saying:

"How does a New Zealander find a sheep in long grass?" "Delightful..."

Maybe that has something to do with it.

And I share your fears about - if not Lucas, a Lucas wannabee, debauching the property.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:17 am

Reichu wrote:Is it just me, or was General Grievous the coolest thing about ... about ... dammit, what was Episode III called? ... ROTS. :chortle: Love the acronym. Oh yeah, and seeing that little bitch Anakin get burnt alive was kinda funny, in retrospect.

Oh god yes! To drift offtopic General Greivous MADE the movie. Hands down the best performance in the first three movies. Just wow. If he wasn't digital, he'd get an oscar.
As for Christiansen's performance. Bllahh.... I'd say it was more the material he had to work with, more so than the actor. He gave a good performance in some places. The rubbish dialouge of the first three episodes is totally down to the director. Did you know episode V and VI were written by professional script writers.

To get back ontopic, Episode III rode on the back of Giga FLOPS of computer power to generate its action sequences, and precious little else. If there is an Evangelion movie, in this day and age, it will fall into the same trap. Lovely looking CG with poor dialouge and unengaging story. The odds of a 5km high naked Rei striding across a hollywood bigscreen approches absolute zero, and in any case, she'd be computer generated, badly.

I seem to remember an episode of, of all things, Murder She Wrote, in which Fletcher has sold the rights of her book to a movie studio, only to find to her horror, that the movie being shot bears absolutely no relation to what she wrote, at all. The director instead blatently tells her that he simply purchased the name of her book and is uninterested in the story, and if the books success draws in more viewers so be in. He felt under no obligation to stay close to the original artists intent at all.

This I feel is the fate of any Evangelion movie. The producers will buy the name Evangelion, and the facades of the giant Evas, a dash or two of other things, and then throw something together on the weekend, which bears almost no relation to the series. Horror of horrors, we may all be subjected to calls for the aforementioned tripe to be called canon.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:34 am

Giant Naked Rei wouldn't have to be computer generated, I wouldn't think...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Prons
Embryo

Postby Prons » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:20 am

Reichu wrote:Giant Naked Rei wouldn't have to be computer generated, I wouldn't think...

I think that'd be an easy thing to do in Photoshop or whatever the big movie companies use.

As a note, what if they picked a really buff muscle man to be Shinji? That'd be funny and sad at the same time.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:52 am

it would be downright strange...
how the hell would they explain his "wimpiness"?
and Shinji...just doesnt seem like the well muscled character...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:16 am

Prons wrote:I think that'd be an easy thing to do in Photoshop or whatever the big movie companies use.

Take whoever is playing Rei, make her up to be completely white (while being sure to conceal her nipples and groin, Mystique-style -- women can go around completely naked in movies so long as they don't have nipples, pubic hair, or genitalia :rolleyes: ), and then just shoot her on a bluescreen or whatever. Use computer tech to stick her in the clouds, and voila.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”