Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 SPOILERS Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Soth
Embryo

Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Soth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:04 am

I just returned from the cinema.

The movie is very fast paced and I'm slowly trying to sort all of the new info in my mind... I will try to summarize it.

First begins with the battle of Eva-05 vs. Tunnel Angel. Is VERY fast paced and dark and the Angel is in fact very odd (big body, small legs and the tail and neck comes from the top). Mari acts a bit like a psychopath enjoying the thrill in the battle and at the end both the Angel and Eva-05 explodes. All in 5 minutes.

After the scene of Gendoh and Shinji in the graveyard, the Clock Angel appears and battles a flying Eva-02. The Angel is like a metal made clock, with 2 fine legs and a pendulum between the legs (!). When attacks the faces became a ball, and it can reconstruct himself after being disassembled to pieces. Asuka kills him with a flying kick. Again, over in 5 minutes.

Asuka presentation is similar to the anime (even Kensuke and Touji are present). Kaji gives Gendou whatever-is-called key.

Asuka goes to live to Misato apartment in the same fashion as the series. Asuka does a scene of nude surprise with Pen-Pen, also with strategically positioned cans.

Kaji brings Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Touji, Kensuke and Pen-Pen to the Maritimal Preservation Zone. They act more or less like in the aircraft carrier of the original series. Asuka is not interested in Kaji and Shinji is very close to Rei.

Gendou and Fuyutsuki in the moon. Kaworu, on the ouside says, if I recall correctly, "Welcome, Father".

Sahaquiel appears. At the begginning is just a multi-eyed ball, but becomes a mulicolored eye with big hands before the landing. Shinji stops it, but from the center appears an humanoid shape with a Ghagiel-like face and impales Eva-01 arms with drills. After that the 3 evas destroys it and the enourmous amount of blood floods the city.

The Eva-04 disappears and they bring Eva-03. They hold Eva-02 in some kind of lava pit (?) because for some reason they are not alowed to have more than 3 Evas at the same time.

Somewhere around this moment, Mari comes by parachute and drops over Shinji.

I think Touji is never mentioned as a pilot, and the test is made by Asuka. Asuka and Misato seems in pretty good terms.

Bardiel battle is similar to the series, but grows a couple more of arms in the choking scene. The now called Dummy System is activated and destroys Bardiel not just punching but also bitting. At the end bites the Entry Plug. Shinji goes crazy and attacks Nerv pyramid until is taken down like in the series. Asuka is seen in a red chamber with pilars, with machines that resembles the ones used when Shinji was injured vs Ramiel.

Shinji leaves Nerv and Zeruel attacks. At first is like a mummy but it reaveals tentacle-like things that can be united to form drills.

Mari attacks it with Eva-02, and because is unable to do any harm to it, begins the "Beast Mode" with cilinder-things coming from Eva's back. Eva-02 becames berserker and Mari is grinding like a beast with glowing red eyes too. But Zeruel easily defeats her, cutting one arm and piercing the body.
Rei appears with a missile that is blocked by the AT-Field, but an agonic Eva-02 bites the field until it breaks. Zeruel blocks it's core with the tentacles and all explodes. Another Ghaghiel-like face comes from Zeruel and eats Eva-00 knees up and becomes a giant naked white girl with Zeruel face and the tentacles that resembles a wig.

An agonic Eva-02 lands in Shinji shelter, and takes an unwilling Shinji outside. In shock, she wants to protect Ayanami and goes to pilot Eva-01.
The rest is like the series, until the berserk mode. The missing arm is now a modified At-Field, the green sripes became orange and a "Gurren Lagann"-like Shinji (flamming, shinning and with glowing eyes) defeats Zeruel with eye beams. He rips a hole in Zeruel core and takes Ayanami. The body of Zeruel, now a completely red giant Ayanami (included the head) becames one with Eva-01, and the 3rd Impact begins. Kaworu descends and impales Eva-01.

End.
Credit rolls.

Preview. I pretty much forgot all the images, but Asuka appears wearing an eye patch. Not a bandage like Ayanami but a black pirate-like one, so the eye is missing for real.

EDIT: An expanded and corrected version of this summary, along with photos from the pamphlet can be found at my blog.
Last edited by Soth on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:10 am

Soth wrote: Kaworu descends and impales Eva-01.

End.
Credit rolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c59m4E6Uum4

Please tell me it happens like this ^
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 am

Soth wrote:humanoid shape with a Ghagiel-like face and impales Eva-01 arms with drills.
Zeruel attacks. At first is like a mummy but it reaveals tentacle-like things that can be united to form drills.
Neon Genesis Gurren Lagann, huh? Next episode -- GATTAI DA?

Oh Anno, yours is the troll that will pierce the heavens!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Soth
Embryo

Postby Soth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:15 am

Soth wrote:Kaworu descends and impales Eva-01.

End.
Credit rolls.

master_lloyd wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c59m4E6Uum4

Please tell me it happens like this ^

Well, sorta. He descends with Eva-06 in the scene of the Jo preview, and Eva-01 remains still, doesn't explodes. Ah, and the lance is not Longinus.

Cypher
Adam

Postby Cypher » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:17 am

Well this certainly sounds awesome I cant wait till it gets released over here which will probably be some time next year. Damn Australia and its slow anime releases! :fistshake:

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:17 am

Mr. Tines wrote: Next episode -- GATTAI DA?

Unit-01 Gattai's with GNR.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby DummyPlug » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:18 am

So when is it that Kaji tries to kiss Shinji?
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby tinmeigut » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 am

Soth wrote: Asuka is seen in a red chamber with pilars, with machines that resembles the ones used when Shinji was injured vs Ramiel.

Is it implying that Asuka was not killed but injured, different from what I read in the review posted by Ornette?
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:21 am

Cypher wrote:Damn Australia and its slow anime releases! :fistshake:
You have the only official English language release of 1.x in the world.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:23 am

Soth wrote:Gendou and Fuyutsuki in the moon. Kaworu, on the ouside says, if I recall correctly, "Welcome, Father".

Woah! I guess it should be interpreted as "the man responsible for my creation", but still.

Bardiel battle is similar to the series, but grows a couple more of arms in the choking scene.

Cool!

Mari attacks it with Eva-02, and because is unable to do any harm to it, begins the "Beast Mode" with cilinder-things coming from Eva's back. Eva-02 becames berserker and Mari is grinding like a beast with glowing red eyes too.

:facepalm:

The missing arm is now a modified At-Field, the green sripes became orange and a "Gurren Lagann"-like Shinji (flamming, shinning and with glowing eyes) defeats Zeruel with eye beams.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Also
drills,drills,drills

Goddamn Gurren Lagann..

Last edited by SaltyJoe on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soth
Embryo

Postby Soth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:23 am

tinmeigut wrote:
Soth wrote: Asuka is seen in a red chamber with pilars, with machines that resembles the ones used when Shinji was injured vs Ramiel.

Is it implying that Asuka was not killed but injured, different from what I read in the review posted by Ornette?

Yes, at least that is what I understood. But only the hair can be seen, the rest are tubes and lights.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:29 am

SaltyJoe wrote:Woah! I guess it should be interpreted as "the man responsible for my creation", but still.

Unless, if Gendo has a baby Adam in his hand(s), Kaworu could be referring to Adam?

Soth wrote:The missing arm is now a modified At-Field, the green sripes became orange and a "Gurren Lagann"-like Shinji (flamming, shinning and with glowing eyes) defeats Zeruel with eye beams.

...W-w-w-what?
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:38 am

So what happens to Rei after Shinji rips her out?

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Soth
Embryo

Postby Soth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:45 am

Lucretius wrote:So what happens to Rei after Shinji rips her out?

At first is reluctant to go out, but at the end she raises her hand and Shinji pulls her outside the Angel.
They embrace, and Shinji says thank you because previously she atempted to do a dinner party with both Shinji and Gendoh, but was cancelled because of Bardiel.
They embrace together in light, Eva-01 and the giant red Ayanami began to fuse and they didn't appear anymore until the end of the movie.

EDIT: In the preview, is said that Shinji and Rei are trapped inside 01
Last edited by Soth on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 am

Soth wrote:Mari is grinding like a beast with glowing red eyes too.

I knew it, Mari is a robot.

From space.

You heard it here first people.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:51 am

Soth wrote:
Lucretius wrote:So what happens to Rei after Shinji rips her out?

They embrace together
Time to take the blue pill, guys :devil:

Each extra nuance seems more and more like "This is what you otaku were keeping on asking for, so you're going to get it good and hard!"

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 am

LiLi wrote:Unless, if Gendo has a baby Adam in his hand(s), Kaworu could be referring to Adam?

Something along the lines of Gendo not getting an embryo of Adam this time by said by Soth and various others.

Soth wrote:Shinji says thank you because previously she atempted to do a dinner party with both Shinji and Gendoh, but was cancelled because of Bardiel.

Typical. The uber Angel has just been defeated and they talk about dinners.

I won't say that this looks worse by the minute, but it's pretty funky. If the movies are going to be completely bananas anyway then i hope Pirate Asuka and Mari, the Beast will decide the piloting rights of Unit-02 (or it's nearest approxiamtion) through a match of Insult Swordfighting in 3.0.

EDIT:
Soth himself invalidated the first sentence of my post. Oh well.

Last edited by SaltyJoe on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Soth
Embryo

Postby Soth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 am

SaltyJoe wrote:
LiLi wrote:Unless, if Gendo has a baby Adam in his hand(s), Kaworu could be referring to Adam?

Something along the lines of Gendo not getting an embryo of Adam this time by said by Soth and various others.

Yeah, inside the suitcase is a key, that one part of it seems a piece of yellow metal and the other part seems a human nervous system.

RockManBalls
Lilith

Postby RockManBalls » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:02 am

Apologies if this has been said already, but evidently Unit-05 was being constructed as a EU/Russian Alliance joint venture? And Zeruel is counted as the 14th Angel I believe I read on 2chan.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:02 am

Soth wrote:
SaltyJoe wrote:

Yeah, inside the suitcase is a key, that one part of it seems a piece of yellow metal and the other part seems a human nervous system.

I see. Maybe the nervous system bit is the Adam-type thing this time around? Or was it explained otherwise?

::EDIT:: Or maybe Kaworu is planning on entering Gendo's family via marrying Shinji. :P
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”