Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [1]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
eva0313777
Embryo

Postby eva0313777 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:31 pm

i'd rather have kaworu be the new main character at this point,maybe Shinji commits suicide in 4.0 and we can all smile again(like the days before i saw NGE)as for eva 08,i say fuyutsuki(old man style piloting)who kills everybody and flips us all of.the title of 3.0 is officially you can (not) go f*ck yourself

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:42 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Shinji and Rei were out of the picture, so to speak, in terms of Outside World Interaction, for most of 3.0.

They could be having old style disembodied flashbacks and background story explanation inside of Eva Mommy while the other pilots do their thing with fighting angels, character development, and catfighting among themselves.

eva0313777 wrote:the title of 3.0 is officially you can (not) go f*ck yourself

I thought that was really the title of EoE.
And probably 4.0, too...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:58 am

LiLi wrote:
SaltyJoe wrote:As for Unit 08 (07?), it may be the new, official Eva for Mari.. or an unmanned one, for some reason.

Wasn't the pilot for Eva 08 mentioned in the preview for 3.0, though?

Umm, okay, so it's not an unmanned one. I still stand by the general opinion that there will be no new pilots.

Or here is a thought!

After her near fatal incident in Eva-03, the trauma causes Asuka to develop split personalities: the more humane side will still gripe about Shinji and be all angsty about human interaction and piloting Eva, while the evil (if your personally gets split, you will always develop an Evil!Side) one will be a an utterly heartless killing machine, with all the skill of a trained Eva pilot, but none of the human inhibitions. Basically a better version of a Dummy Plug (System).

The medical team who perform the life-saving operations on her will discover these split personas (somehow..), report to Seele, who think she might prove useful as a battering ram against anyone who tries to tamper with Kaworu while he is initiating Third Impact. So they install an artificial eye into her, which is really a brain controlling device. The color of the eye is indicative of which persona is currently active (blue is normal, green is standby, red is evil). They give her the brand spanking Eva-08, while Mari gets the rebuilt Eva-02, which they dub Eva-07 (so it's technically not a new Eva). This would in fact put Asuka in the role of a Harpy (or all nine of them). Oh the irony!

The real catch would be that the humane side of Asuka wouldn't have a clue about what's happening when her Evil! side is active, making her completely confused and lost. Hell, they could play with timelines this way: for a brief amount of time, we could take Humane!Asuka's point of view, and get only fragmetns of what is hapenning. Totally cool!

There will be an epic bitchfight between Mari and Asuka, which ends in either Mari killing Evil!Asuka, or Evil!Asuka makes Mari respect her elder characters by thoroughly breaking her, but she snaps out of being Evil! through sheer willpower before dealing Mari the fatal blow.

This would be a twist, would allow both Mari and Asuka to do something, would technically mean that the pilot of Unit-08 is a new character (Darth Asuka), and would be generally awesome!...

...For a bad fanfic. So it could fit into Rebuild perfectly:P.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 am

SaltyJoe wrote:Umm, okay, so it's not an unmanned one. I still stand by the general opinion that there will be no new pilots.

But what about Touji's little sister??? Doesn't she get to pilot her own Eva???
:leekspin:

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 am

On that train of thought, why not Kensuke? WHY CAN'T IT BE KENSUKE??

But seriously, Rebuild already has limited time and lots of characters to juggle around: Kaworu has just arrived, we know almost nothing about Mari, Asuka is alive so i expect she will do more than just mouthbreathing, Shinji and Rei also need to stop having spiritual sex at some point, and out of the adult characters, at least Misato and Gendo needs to be developed. Adding a new pilot would either lead to noone getting covered in a pleasing manner, or to an incredibly shallow character who is just there because "We needed another pilot. A girl with big racks, at that.".

Last edited by SaltyJoe on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 am

SaltyJoe wrote:On that train of thought, why not Kensuke? WHY CAN'T IT BE KENSUKE??

INOERITE??

Well, of course that's because...

BECAUSE HE'D DIG IT WAY TOO MUCH! :woohoo:

::EDIT:: Yeah, I think there won't be any "new" pilots in the sense of "new characters introduced for that purpose". They could be giving one of the already introduced pilots (or clones thereof) a new Eva (are there even enough Evas for everyone, after they lost 2 or 3 of those in 2.0???) or they could use one of the already "established" secondary characters (Touji, Hikari, Suzuhara-chan or, heck, even Kensuke!) as the "new" pilot.

Also, I forgot to say - I had also made a wacky post with my take on the Mari vs Asuka catfight in the "Shipping Thread" earlier this morning! xD

::EDIT2:: Asuka with a "traffic light" eye: LOL! xD
Last edited by LiLi on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oshima
Embryo

Postby Oshima » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:23 am

Since Touji didn't get a chance (or choose not) to pilot Eva 03 I'd still like to see him at least once in a plug suit before rebuild ends.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:27 am

Hideaki wrote:Since Touji didn't get a chance (or choose not) to pilot Eva 03 I'd still like to see him at least once in a plug suit before rebuild ends.

That idea tempts me, as well, to be honest...

Although, on the other hand, poor Touji kinda deserves to be happy, for a change... And they might want to stick to the "5-pilots-sentai-formula" for tradition's sake, just so that Asuka can have her own Power Rangers show after all is said and done.

Speaking of Touji, it seems that getting to pilot 03 and losing body parts come hand in hand, huh?

OT: May I ask where your icon is from? It looks so pretty... :kittyspin:

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:39 am

LiLi wrote:Also, I forgot to say - I had also made a wacky post with my take on the Mari vs Asuka catfight in the "Shipping Thread" earlier this morning! xD

I guess it just comes naturally.

Hideaki wrote:Since Touji didn't get a chance (or choose not) to pilot Eva 03 I'd still like to see him at least once in a plug suit before rebuild ends.

Hideaki? Aren't you the one in charge of this ship? You can do whatever you want.
Last edited by SaltyJoe on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oshima
Embryo

Postby Oshima » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:08 am

OT: May I ask where your icon is from? It looks so pretty...

I got it from a site, can I post sites here? if not I can just PM you with it...

poor Touji kinda deserves to be happy, for a change...

yeah...I'd like to see him in a plug suit but not get killed or dismembered this time round also...just hope him, Hikari and company don't go into refugee in the next two rebuild parts that are missing and still show up at least.

Hideaki? Aren't you the one in charge with of this ship? You can do whatever you want.

heheh..no...-facepalm- bad choice on a name I guess...I should have put Hideaki Asaba instead..oh wells.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:41 am

This man must be in 3.0-4.0

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 am

If nothing else, Lando could voice Hyuga in the English dub. (Lando is his real name by the way. I mean, Billy Dee Williams? Sure, Lando, sure.)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 am

What if they awaken one of the other Rei Clones to pilot Unit 08. Then there could be cold emotionless Rei and lovestruck(?) Rei having mental sex with Shinji.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 am

Depends whether or not a soul is still required for someone to function.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 pm

The one thing I have total faith in is the trolling of Anno. So, I am going to suggest that 3.0 will be entirely the domestic cliche cooking plot, with no actual action scenes (the teaser will have been cut cleverly to make it look like there is action), and in 4.0 it will be revealed that not only was 3.0 just a dream (think Angelic Days, but for the whole damned movie) but that this isn't even in a separate continuity, 3.0 was a dream inside a dream, and Mari is Shinji's anima. That explains why Kaworu (who nobody cares about aside from Shinji and the slash community, really) is there from the beginning and Mari looks so much like how Shinji acts (and acts so much like an averaging of how you would expect Shinji to perceive the women in his life -- strange, insane, angry, lacking in manners, yet more skilled and stable than he is).

My bet is that Anno will do something even worse.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 am

I actually read a pretty cool theory that Rebuild was taking place during Instrumentality, Mari was an ideal of Shinji's dream girl without the batshit crazy and glasses (because he's into that), Kaworu is aware of what's going on in reality, and Asuka Shikinami is some sort of idealized form of Asuka, the Shoryu version interrupting Shinji's dream to spinzaku-kick him in the face while wearing an eyepatch.

Also, the little white angel beings are the FAR. Mari is one of them.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 am

I'm thinking of the Ayanami Shinji & Ikari Rei scene in 1.0 and the "Quickening" bit in the title of 3.0 and wondering what Yui-01 will "deliver" this time around (if anything at all).

One uber-pilot looking like something out of the Shinjiquarium? A symbolic/metaphorical twin birth consisting of Rei and Shinji or any quantum combination thereof? (Assignment: calculate the relative probabilities of measuring each event) [So Rei will finally get a mommie too!] Will Rei and Shinji get to pilot together?

Will she just hijack their organic material to build herself a new body, leaving them stuck inside the Eva in her place, to take a stroll outside and deck Gendo a good one and become the Uber Pilot (of 01? 08?) we've all been waiting for?

I have another option in mind too, but it's kind of too freaky to mention, even here... xD;;;

sora0156
Embryo

Postby sora0156 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 am

Anyone think Toji will still have a chance to be thrown into an evangelion again this time around? The concept of "what if" he piloted in my head always lingers.
signatures are for the weak!!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 am

Twin birth when they quicken from Eva-01, I say.
Also, I think smirking(?)eyepatch Asuka will either be "I'm here to kick ass Harpy-style (if mama helps out)" OR "I'm bitter post-3I Asuka (Just like Re-Take, yay!)" in regards to her personality.
Somehow I doubt she's well-adjusted after such tramua with Bar-er, the 9th Angel.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 pm

I predict Mari will kill and eat Asuka in Unit 08, MP Eva style.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”