Songs & BGM For Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:40 pm

Szmitten wrote:
04: Everything You've Ever Dreamed (Arianne)

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I keep saying that it was excluded for a reason *sob*

Oh grow up, I thought it was a pretty decent song.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:so why wouldn't it be there this time around?

Because this is a new movie so we should expect a largely new soundtrack.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:06 pm

I agree a new soundtrack would be teh shit since that's what expected, but at least a return of SOME of the original songs and/or their 10 years after versions would be nice.

...And since it is technically the newest song, we better get Tengoku no Kioku in some shape or form or I'll be a sad panda. :cry: I really think that thematically it'd work, especially because its sung by Rei and Rei will supposedly have a bigger part in the film...

@ Trigger's: I like EYED, too (duh?? ^_^; ). Arianne's singing is beautiful, and the Jazzy-ish part it has towards the end is great; imo, Jazz is ALWAYS ftw! ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby CtHuLhU » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:07 am

Theme song, Hikki's BEAUTIFUL WORLD preview!

Shall I translate it, or youself will be at horror?
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:10 pm

I hope that they continue and expand on the use of classical score for Rebuild.

I don't know what it is, but Eva seems even more moving and almost spiritual to me in those episodes and even trailers where Anno used classical pieces as the backdrop for the story.

More Bach please!!
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:33 pm

bp32 wrote:I hope that they continue and expand on the use of classical score for Rebuild. <snip> More Bach please!!
I'm sure we'll see, eh, hear MOAR.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p00Cb3zSBK8

Trigger approves.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Trigger approves.

As does the Ω-unit. 8)
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:10 pm

I didn't really like it. Didn't seem Evaish enough for me
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:06 pm

So this is trrrue? The theme song of EVANGELION 1.0 YOU (ARE) NOT ALONE 2007年8月29日発売

I think it works for what I heard, but I want that Rei song damn it. >_<; (Perhaps one could be an Opening song if Rebuild has such things while the other is either an in-song movie or Ending song??)
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:18 pm

I'll have to wait til I see the movie, but with it set the clips, the first thing came to mind was how much better it would fit into Bokurano.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby CtHuLhU » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:05 am

The approximate translation of the song BW:

Hikki wrote:If only one wish is fulfilled
It's made to sleep by you.
It's good in any place soever.
Beautiful World...
It doesn't hesitate and only you're watched.
Beautiful boy...
There's your own beauty that you don't know yet.
It's only love...

Plz correct the voice, in english i'm dumb))

PS: I'm lol'd O_o *killed myself from the wall*
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Got some juicy info on the upcomming soundtrack release for "Shiro Sagisu's Music From Evangelion 1.0: You Are Not Alone". I got the track title translations from the StarChild site, yet they where a little off so I had to correct a few of them.

"Special edition soundtrack to the upcoming tenth-anniversary "Neon Genesis Evangelion" theatrical feature includes the complete full-sized versions of BGM tracks by Shiro Sagisu. Recorded at Abby Road Studios in London with the London Studio Orchestra."

Track Listing:

01. The Attack Of The Angels
02. I'll Go On Loving Someone Else
03. Premiere Manuver
04. Staggering
05. The Beast
06. Tokyo-3 Crepuscule
07. Cruel Dilemma I
08. The Longest Day I
09. Against The Aggressions
10. Showdown
11. Defense Mechanism
12. Cruel Dilemma II
13. Rei IV
14. The Longest Day II
15. Lucifer's Cry
16. Cruel Dilemma III
17. Strategy: Yashima
18. The Longest Day III
19. Dancing Fireflies
20. Decisive Battle
21. Angel Of Doom
22. Rei V
23. Trailer EVA Special
24. Lucifer's Cry (Demo)
25. Angel Of Doom (Demo)
26. Cruel Dilemma IV

Interesting to note that it seems that their are two new extensions of the previous three Rei themes from the original soundtrack. Always loved her cues so it should be interesting to see what he does with it this time around. From the track listing it is hard to tell weither he is "rebuilding" the original track exactly the same or doing some new stuff as well. Decisive Battle/The Beast seem to be getting a new treatment, which is awesome because...this is the London Studio playing them! Very cool! Another interesting track name is "Cruel Dilemma", a combination of two tracks from the original soundtrack, Cruel Angel's Thesis/Hedgehog's Dilemma.

Release date is set for September 26.
Last edited by thedarkorb on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Millions Livio » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

I am extremley excited for the soundtrack, it's looking like what I was hoping it would be. London Symphony.... sexy.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Yea im betting on this to be really good. Ever since EOE Shiro has pulled out a lot of good scores (Musa, Casshern and Bleach) which all have shown that he has gotten even better since the original series.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:49 pm

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:09 pm

thedarkorb wrote:...this is the London Symphony playing them! (For those who dont know who these guys are, they played all the Star Wars scores and have done most of John Williams' soundtracks. Very cool!

This is the biggest freaking win EVER right there. This movie's soundtrack is going to be great.

I must listen to this and watch it and taste it! AND NO I DON'T WANT TO READ AN ESSAY BEFORE DIGGING IN THIS TIME!!!

EDIT: Wait a minute. It doesn't say London Symphony. It says London Studio. False alarm, guys.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:32 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Symphony_Orchestra

Same thing.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:43 pm

thedarkorb wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Symphony_Orchestra

Same thing.
If they are the same thing, nothing about it is mentioned on the Wikipedia page. O_o
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:04 am

NAveryW wrote:If they are the same thing, nothing about it is mentioned on the Wikipedia page. O_o

I take it your being sarcastic but just in case... :o

From wikipedia...

"The LSO is also famous for recording many motion picture film scores down the years. These include, under the composer John Williams' baton, all the Star Wars films with Maurice Murphy playing the main trumpet theme in all of them, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Raiders of the Lost Ark,The Land Before Time, Braveheart, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Eragon and Superman, as well as the innovative IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at the American theme park, Epcot."

From various online stores on the OST...

"Recording the music in the play at full size. Recording the music which is used with new theater edition at full size. Of course, all the tune new record tunes! As a bonus track/truck, you record also the unused sound source! It becomes new work release after 10 years, “[wevuangeriwon] new theater edition: Beginning”. Taking charge of BGM of course “heron nest poem 郎”. The collaboration where breath of hermitage field entire supervision is agreeable bears the music which embodied the world view of EVA! As for recording at the [abi] load studio of London “Star Wars” with the staff who manages the “load of the ring” and so on, everything the new sound source which is recorded anew!
As for performance “[batsudoman] [biginzu]” “[davuinchi] cord/code” other things, the the London & studio orchestra which participates in all Hollywood movies. Furthermore the scale EVA sound of the 珠 ball which was raised!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”