Songs & BGM For Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Songs & BGM For Rebuild

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 pm

What do you think will be used in Rebuild, ED song-wise and BGM-wise?
Personally, I think we'll get some stuff by Sagisu again; wheather its a brand-new BGM OST or a what we already got (including possibly unused stuff from S2 Works would be nice, there were some real gems on there.).

In terms of ED themes for each film, I think it'll be like this:

01: Tengoku no Kioku-Rei
02: Blue Legend-Mitsuishi Kotono (SDAT track 26 ^_^)
03: Kokoroyo Genshi Ni Modore (sp)-Takahashi Yoko
04: Everything You've Ever Dreamed-Arianne

I think Heart, Return is a good choice since it'll balance things out nicely, what with Yokan (GoS1 ED), Mugen Hoyou (GoS2 ED), Shiwase wa (Ayanami w/Asuka OP) and Tamashii (Rebirth ED).

To make sure all the Takahashi songs are used somewhere, Tsuki no Meikyu can be an in-movie song for the Kaji/Misato, Hikari/Toji or Asuka/Shinji* love scene we ALL know will happen! ;)

(Gendo/Ritsuko: Ew. Rits/Maya: Not canon, Kaworu/Rei: Not canon. :()

*Hate to break it to you, R/S fans, but just like the couple of the manga is R/S, the couple of the anime IS A/S (and the anime was first anyway despite the bullshit that EML says). That said, Sadamoto is stupid if he does end it A/S because of everything that happened. It should be R/S or Shinji alone & crazy, at least!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:57 am

Well I don't know any of those songs but my best bet is that whoever's doing music for Rebuild (is it Sagisu?) will compose new ending songs.

I'm sure the score will feature some kind've new beefed up re-mixes of some of the classic old Eva tunes but I'd like to hear a whole new score that would have some new themes that could be build on to make an Eva score equal to the one for End of Evangelion.

P.S. As for the whole Shinji/Asuka thing. It's true they're the thing in the series (I always loved watching the comparison between how dysnfunctional the Shinji-Asuka relationship was alongside the equally troubled Kaji-Misato one-----P.S.S. I've always felt that Misato and Kaji are who those two could grow up to be like. Once Shinji gets over his angst he could become Kaji 2.0) and its true the manga is Shinji/Rei but with Rebuild I think you're making the mistake of cosnidering this to be canon alongside the anime.

I mean we're still in the dark about a lot of Rebuild. Sure we now can see that visually Rebuild isn't THAT far removed from the series. The Evas get a few palette changes here and there, Rei probably gets another chest increase, and logos are stuffed to the brim with goofy symbolism.
But it all still looks like it's relativley similar to the show (just flashier animated of course with far less brilliant moments of visual inactivity).

I mean the characters look teh same. When I first heard of Rebuild my mind began adapting the Eva characters to look and be as colorful and flashy as Diebuster's gang (or Gurren-Lagan). Not so.

But exteriors are only skin deep.

As far as plots go the only thing for certain is Kazuya Tsurumaki said the films will go in a new route and only the first film will seem like a complete remake of the series.

I'm thinking with Asuka not showing up til Film 2 of what is really a 3 part series could mean something.

Hell, who knows who Shinji's prime "possible" romantic counterpart will be. I'm placing my chips on Rebuild primarily focusing around Shinji and Rei as opposed to teh original series which was really Shinji, Misato, and Asuka.

And for teh wishers- Shinji's lead romantic interest could be Kaworu.

Who knows. But I'm gonna try to distance these highly anticipated movies (IMO) from the series....which so far is hard to do cause all we have are a few pretty pictures.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: Songs & BGM for Rebuild?

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:17 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote: love scene we ALL know will happen! ;)
if that were to happen then its not Eva i'm watching. also if we all KNOW its going to happen you don't have to remind us. :x
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:16 pm

Based on what I've noticed: Anno: Shinji/Asuka Sadamoto: Shinji/Rei

And what I mean is if we didn't get a love scene in the original, I'd think we'd get it this time around, since Anno seems to be having a happy life now. ;) (Although feelings of depression ARE always there, so I wouldn't put it past him to have another bittersweet type ending. Yes, that includes EoTV, not just EoE.)

Yes, the composer's name is Sagisu; I'd think he'd return since the majority of the other people behind Eva are back. And if that's the case, I'd think the same would be for the seiyuu, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The songs I mentioned were mostly sung by Takahashi Yoko (Y'know, singer of Zankoku as well as some semi-crappy versions of Fly Me~?).

(And fyi, there wasn't a topic about this before. There was one for Evangelion BGM we like, but not BGM/one for songs we think should be in Rebuild.)

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Yeah, just cuz Shinji and Asuka are the main pairing doesn't mean I gotta like it!

HURR!
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:58 pm

?? You've lost me. To reply to what I *think* you were saying: I don't hate Sadamoto's manga just because its Rei/Shinji. To be perfectly frank, I could care less about the pairing. (Hell, I've even read fanfics that are S/R, S/M, S/K, etc; NOT just S/A!) What bothers me is how he hasn't really done anything original in the manga, but that's a topic for another time. /Off-topic reply.

Anyway, back on topic.
Do you think Sagisu should some new OST if he jumps on board with this or should it just stick to stuff already used in the series as well as unused S2 Works tracks? I think Theme of Love and a few unused battle themes (they're names and track numbers escape me) would work well; as well as Liberation of Souls, which starts with a pretty "floating" like sound and ends up into a violin solo (more or less) of Expansion of Blockage.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm

talking about songs of love will really move this to shipping(a thing that could very well destroy many threads), so i think it best start talking about themes for action instead. do you think they would usae "cruel angel thesis" again or remake it or something that or they use something entirely new and leave it as a classic.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 pm

I've always REALLY liked (Disc 1: Track 8) A-5 "Advancement of the Human Instrumentality Project". I'd love to hear it used.

However, I really don't think they'll re-use the old OST. I'm sure the iconic ones such as Thanatos, Angel Attack and the numerous NERV fanfares will be re-done or re-recorded with a twist. But there'll mostly be new music.

I personally think that there will be a bigger focus on the classical pieces, given that it is one of the franchises most prominant selling points in the Japanese advertisements and in the teaser trailer.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:45 pm

@ Kaminoyouni: Who says that piece refers to romantic love? O_o The fact it says M-15 (M=Movie, I think) or whatever it was implies to me it woulda been something during Shinji's return/saying goodbye to Yui. Anyway, that track doesn't even have an offical title its just called (theme of love-unfinished, female chorus) like that. (the female chorus isn't included, it was supposed to though.)
Advancement is a good one, but would be very weird in a SEELE/Gendou conference scene. O_o I think I once matched it up, and yeah it was weird. I already mentioned some action pieces, just can't remember their names/tracks. >_<
And although its not an action piece persay, I think one of those Borderline Case w/Chorus ("Born Evil Giant Sinner..."etc), most likely Take 1 would be good. I could see that as an elegant battle/action music. ^_^
Plus, it would be nice if (Asuka's death) is used this time around, very sad and fitting.

So, what do you all think in terms of ED credits themes? I haven't heard any other thoughts yet.

If there are any OP credit music, I think using the 10th Anniversay version of Zankoku (very jazzy sounding) or the Asuka/Rei/Misato version would work well.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:02 pm

The music will most likely be all new, with a few pieces paying homage to the older tracks.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

XX
Embryo

Progression

•      
  •      

Postby XX » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:01 am

According to Studio Khara (χαρα) production diary, Shiro Sagisu is the person in charge of composition and music recording:

070511 (May 11th, 2007)

作曲家の鷺巣詩郎さんから、音楽のデモがあがってきました。
鷺巣さんはロンドンを拠点とされているので、遥か海を超えて届いたものです。画のほうは、日々、東京にて作業をし、音楽のほうはロンドンで作業。これらが、近く1つのフィルムで合わさるわけです。録音も、ロンドンと東京の2箇所で行われる予定になっています。
音のほうは、まだデモとはいえ、エヴァの音楽世界のスケールアップが十分に期待出来るものでした。本番を聴くのが、今から非常に楽しみです。

(χαρα)

Shiro Sagisu comes to London for the preparation of music recording sessions, the sound recording sessions for the movie will be done between two studios in Tokyo and London.

070618 (June 18th, 2007)

鷺巣詩郎さんによる音楽録音とトラックダウンの作業が、東京で続いています。今日は、そのラフミックスが届きました。
ロンドンでの録音は、すでに今月初めに終了しています。主にオーケストレーション部分が録音されました。そして今は、東京での録音が行われています。
ラフミックスでは、ロンドンの分と東京の分の楽器が合わさり、ラフとはいえ「映画音楽」という迫力とゴージャスさで一杯でした。

(χαρα)

Music and sound recording sessions in London are finished and the works will continue in Tokyo, where the sound recording is almost done. The mixing is in process now.

· エヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版制作スタッフによる制作日記を。
(χαρα) - Diary of 'Evangelion Shin Gekijou-ban' Production:
[url]http://eva.yahoo.co.jp/gekijou/01.html[/url]

More information about Shiro Sagisu and his trips over Europe in the recording sessions of the album 'SHIRO'S SOONGBOOK ver 7.0':

· SHIRO'S SONGBOOK, Shiro SAGISU OFFICIAL SITE
[url]http://www.ro-jam.com/index.html[/url]

· *SHIRO'S SONGBOOK, OnGen BLOG
[url]http://www.ongen.net/blog3/[/url]

*Information about 'Evangelion Shin Gekijou-ban' recording sessions in Eastcote Studios, London.
Last edited by XX on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:56 am

It's about time we actually got someone who's good at translating Japanese around here.

I mean, yeah, there's Reichu, but... you know... she doesn't really do that much...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Hailtheplatypus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hailtheplatypus » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:20 am

I dont know yet, but judging from the rest of the Eva bgm im hoping its good... I just hope we do not get another remix of Fly me to the moon... I mean there are already 20ish remixes already... lets please hear something original. Even though I do kinda expect Cruel Angel Thesis to be used in some shape or form in the movie...
The fate of distruction is also the joy of rebirth.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:50 pm

NAveryW wrote:It's about time we actually got someone who's good at translating Japanese around here.
I mean, yeah, there's Reichu, but... you know... she doesn't really do that much...

私は何ですか?チョップレバー?
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:59 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
NAveryW wrote:It's about time we actually got someone who's good at translating Japanese around here.

私は何ですか?チョップレバー?

Chopped lever? I think that answers its own question.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:56 pm

NAveryW wrote:Chopped lever? I think that answers its own question.

It would if that said "chopped lever." But it doesn't. So there.Image
Awesomely Shitty

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:38 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
NAveryW wrote:Chopped lever? I think that answers its own question.

It would if that said "chopped lever." But it doesn't. So there.Image

YEAH WELL YOU PROBABLY JUST BABELFISHED IT ANYWAY.

Well, at least now I can use this heavily-compressed image I made that I've been waiting to find a use for:

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:48 pm

@ NAveryW-kun & his snarky pic

:lol: I would bet that this will not be the only thread that this pic will be appearing in!

But back on topic...

Something tells we'll see some "new and improved" version of "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" and some new rendition of "Fly me to the Moon". How these would be worked in, I have no clue. Though my best guess it will mostly include new music from the classical genre and some old classic, well, classical music!

But for me, I think all the long-time posters know exactly what music I would want...
He, he, just imagine it now. MWAHAHAHA!! :twisted:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:04 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:@ NAveryW-kun & his snarky pic

:lol: I would bet that this will not be the only thread that this pic will be appearing in!

But back on topic...

Something tells we'll see some "new and improved" version of "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" and some new rendition of "Fly me to the Moon". How these would be worked in, I have no clue. Though my best guess it will mostly include new music from the classical genre and some old classic, well, classical music!

But for me, I think all the long-time posters know exactly what music I would want...
He, he, just imagine it now. MWAHAHAHA!! :twisted:

YES!

The Wall goes pretty well with Eva.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Hailtheplatypus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hailtheplatypus » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:17 pm

Someone should see if they sync up :shock:
The fate of distruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”