Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:\I didn't say that. Being a slut is not equivalent to enjoying sex.

Then what is it?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Then what is it?

This.
I intended the first usage, but the third, which I did not know of, also applies to her.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm

A bit saddened by the apparently common dislike of Death Note's Misa... While it's true she wasn't exactly a mastermind and was a rather noisy person, her only crime is being a very innocent/kind/dedicated and naive person in a world full of cynical or sociopathic masterminds (or "masterminds" depending on how you take the events of the series i guess) Her honesty of spirit and the fact she stuck by Light and still loved him even with the way he treated her made her one of the most tragic and likeable characters for me (but i have to admit that it was kind of stupid to stick by Light so much, after a point she can't not have realized he only cared about himself) Her fate at the ending plus her backstory only make her a more sympathetic and tragic character for me.

Also, while kind of annoying, she was rather cute :P
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:A bit saddened by the apparently common dislike of Death Note's Misa... While it's true she wasn't exactly a mastermind and was a rather noisy person, her only crime is being a very innocent/kind/dedicated and naive person in a world full of cynical or sociopathic masterminds (or "masterminds" depending on how you take the events of the series i guess) Her honesty of spirit and the fact she stuck by Light and still loved him even with the way he treated her made her one of the most tragic and likeable characters for me (but i have to admit that it was kind of stupid to stick by Light so much, after a point she can't not have realized he only cared about himself) Her fate at the ending plus her backstory only make her a more sympathetic and tragic character for me.

Also, while kind of annoying, she was rather cute :P

All too true, which is why I didn't list her.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:03 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:This.
I intended the first usage, but the third, which I did not know of, also applies to her.

Once again, what's wrong with enjoying sex?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Once again, what's wrong with enjoying sex?

If I called an obese man a glutton, would you ask what I thought was wrong with enjoying food?

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Dream wrote:A bit saddened by the apparently common dislike of Death Note's Misa... While it's true she wasn't exactly a mastermind and was a rather noisy person, her only crime is being a very innocent/kind/dedicated and naive person in a world full of cynical or sociopathic masterminds

SPOILER: Show
She was sociopathic too, she killed people just to meet Kira and was even less selective about it. She also did anything Light told her too, including killing a lot of people, and she did it without questioning the morality of what she was doing, playing the good old role of the stupidly submissive girl with a macabre twist that makes it even more despicable.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:If I called an obese man a glutton, would you ask what I thought was wrong with enjoying food?

No. If you called someone who treats women as sex objects lustful, that would be okay. Calling someone who has multiple sexual partners a slut betrays your lack of knowledge of evolution.
/hj

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:No. If you called someone who treats women as sex objects lustful, that would be okay. Calling someone who has multiple sexual partners a slut betrays your lack of knowledge of evolution.

First of all, multiple sexual partners is unneccesary for the survival or advancement of the species. So unless you endorse mass selective breeding of humans (which, while not ignoble, is energy far better spent on technological evolution) the evolutionary argument is irrelevant.
And a slut or lustful man, in my view, does not neccesarily have multiple partners, though they almost always do. It is a matter of their overinterest and obsession with the activity.

Ah, I forgot about the bit where Misa killed the innocents. That is inexcusable.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Look at chimps and bonobos, humans closest living relatives. You know why girls moan and have multiple orgasms? The multiple orgasms are to reward multiple sex partners, while the moans are to invite other males. Humans are meant to be polyamorous.
/hj

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Look at chimps and bonobos, humans closest living relatives. You know why girls moan and have multiple orgasms? The multiple orgasms are to reward multiple sex partners, while the moans are to invite other males. Humans are meant to be polyamorous.

Lol. Someone hasn't thought about the basis of their ethical system. Everyone does it; what a great argument. Coupled with the fact that I don't see you endorsing a return to any other aspects of the life of another ape...

Meant? By whom? On what authority? Evolution is just a way that chaotic particles tend to order themselves.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

How is one partner more "ethical?" If everyone's okay with it, it doesn't hurt anyone. Also, quit your red herring fallacies.
/hj

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Oh just let it go you two, I don't want to see another Alleman vs rest of the forum on Misato's sluttyness Mk. II here

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:How is one partner more "ethical?" If everyone's okay with it, it doesn't hurt anyone. Also, quit your red herring fallacies.

I never claimed that it was more ethical (though I think it is in most cases), I simply pointed out that your argument for polyamory was fundamentally flawed.

What fallacies? Please identify them, and note that "appeal to nature" is a fallacy.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:03 am

but Xard, this is so much fun!

You pointing out that i don't want us to go back to other apelike mannerisms, and trying to twist a figure of speech against me via asking who meant for humans to have multiple partners. Those are both red herrings. Also, you did say that one partner was more ethical.
View Original PostLavinius wrote:Lol. Someone hasn't thought about the basis of their ethical system. .

And yes, i have. If no one is hurt by it, than by Jove, it's ethical.
/hj

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:You pointing out that i don't want us to go back to other apelike mannerisms, and trying to twist a figure of speech against me via asking who meant for humans to have multiple partners. Those are both red herrings. Also, you did say that one partner was more ethical.

And yes, i have. If no one is hurt by it, than by Jove, it's ethical.

Well, your argument was that apes do it, which makes it seem as though you think that apes are models of vitrue, or some kind of moral code to follow.
No, if you say something is 'meant' to be, that implies that someone or something decided on it.
I said that have one partner was more ethical after you accused me of doing so.
I was referring to your casual usage of "meant" and the appeal to monkeys.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 am

I meant that human brains simply are not wired for monogamy, and there is nothing ethically wrong with polygamy, because it hurts no one. Therefore, polyamory is the logical choice.
/hj

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I meant that human brains simply are not wired for monogamy, and there is nothing ethically wrong with polygamy, because it hurts no one. Therefore, polyamory is the logical choice.
Seemed to be true for the people living in Brave New World.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*Misato Katsuragi, a dirty, drunk, foolish, and vengeful slut.

. . . who's only slept with one man in her entire life. See how a girl gets a reputation?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:43 am

Slut talk goes on /a/, where they are experts on the subject. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Anime and Manga”