Drop by the EVA panel at Anime Central!

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Drop by the EVA panel at Anime Central!

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri May 06, 2005 1:37 pm

If you're at Anime Central in Chicago* the weekend after next (May 13-15), please come by the 10th Anniversary Evangelion panel (check the program book for time and date--you know how that goes), and we'll do exactly what we do here, only, you know, in person. Prizes will be given away as well, including special items done for the Eva manga in Japan--posters, pencilboards, calendars, etc. And no, you don't have to know whose soul was in Misato's can of Boa to win--it's purely random. Just like #25 and #26.

Also, if you can, please mmmmmmmDROP in on my party, "Our Love Will Change The World." I don't know what room or night it'll be yet, but there will be flyers up...

www.acen.org

--C.

P.S. At Central, The Pillows (the band from FLCL!) will be giving their first concert ever at an American anime con--you have to admit that's pretty cool. Ride on shooting star, kokoro no koe de!

*Technically, it's in Rosemont, Illinois. But you can hop on the train outside and go TO Chicago. In forty minutes.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri May 06, 2005 2:13 pm

Carl, you're giving me the insurmountable urge to hop in my car and take an 11 hour road trip. Pillows, Eva, hanging out with you...

DAMN.

Of course it would probably invlove me sleeping in my car and avoiding some necessary hygeine unless I comandeer someone's hotel room or gopher.

Urge to go... rising.

I wish. If I could get a free badge and some place to sleep, an 11 hour car drive wouldn't seem so bad.

If you could help me out with that Carl, I could make it.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Fri May 06, 2005 4:01 pm

Eva road trip! woo!
Last edited by Otaprince on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri May 06, 2005 4:49 pm

Ahh yes, acen the only anime convention I regularly attend. I've been to that panel the last few years, its pretty cool.

Last year I tried running an flcl panel single handedly at acen(not this year though) I'm not too sure how well that turned out though.

But yeah the eva panels always cool, they usually also have a raffle there. One time I got an Asuka poster from that.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat May 07, 2005 10:30 pm

As it stands, it is very likely that Otaprince and myself will be going on an unprecidentedly awesome road trip to Acen.

*Throws up the horns*

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Sun May 08, 2005 7:06 am

for the first and i dare say last time in my life- i actually have the urge to live in america.......limited edition eva stuff *drools* just if i was older i could go on my own......collector's paradise.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Sun May 08, 2005 2:24 pm

ice reaper wrote:for the first and i dare say last time in my life- i actually have the urge to live in america.......limited edition eva stuff *drools* just if i was older i could go on my own......collector's paradise.

If you come to America, you should see things like the Grand Canyon, the Pacific Coast Highway, and White Sands, New Mexico. Japan's really the best place in the end for that Eva stuff. ^_^

--C.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun May 08, 2005 2:33 pm

If you come to America, you should see things like the Grand Canyon, the Pacific Coast Highway, and White Sands, New Mexico. Japan's really the best place in the end for that Eva stuff. ^_^

Woo-hoo, I'm about two blocks from PCH. Come see me while you're at it.

Oh yeah, cons frighten me.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun May 08, 2005 3:15 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Oh yeah, cons frighten me.

They frighten me too.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Sun May 08, 2005 4:36 pm

> cons scare me, too

cons, and anime people in general, are a very mixed bag. the comic book writer Grant Morrison once said, "Only the very cool and very uncool read comic books," and i think it applies to anime as well. Some of the coolest, most interesting and intelligent people I've ever met are anime fans, while some of the most boring social cripples i've ever met are anime fans, as well.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun May 08, 2005 7:24 pm

I dont know, its true some of the people who go to cons are kind of idiots, but I find that just to add to the experience, they sort of provide some unintentional comedy relief. For example I know these two guys, ones obsessed with ranma and the other guy is kind of a jerk. The ranma obsessed guy wanted to borrow ranma tapes from the guy who was a jerk. So the other guy made him get down on his knees and beg to borrow his ranma tapes. It kind of reminded me of that part in shaolin soccer where the guy put the underwear on his head. But the fact that all this was over ranma was pretty damn funny to me at least even though it was kind of sad.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Mon May 09, 2005 10:37 am

Woo-hoo, I'm about two blocks from PCH. Come see me while you're at it.

Oh yeah, cons frighten me.

i don't meen to copy everyone else, but they frighten the hell out of me- though i remember telling him clearly to leave the cork inserted between my buttocks........*cough*

and i'm not too sure i'd be making rounds to peoples houses whilst sight seeing in america- that's going a little bit too far.

cons, and anime people in general, are a very mixed bag. the comic book writer Grant Morrison once said, "Only the very cool and very uncool read comic books," and i think it applies to anime as well. Some of the coolest, most interesting and intelligent people I've ever met are anime fans, while some of the most boring social cripples i've ever met are anime fans, as well.

well, *cups chin with hand* i'd have to say i'm the first- full of useless information that no one wants to know and i don't look as though i've escaped from an insane asylem.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon May 09, 2005 8:36 pm

Ugh...now I've also got this urge to take a road trip after reading EM's update. I just recovered from AnimeBoston two weeks ago and had a fantastic time. The crowd there seemed more laid back and not as weird as I had expected considering it was the 2nd Con I have ever attended. I guess I was more prepared this time around.

I wouldn't mind checking out the Eva panel too. Damn, I've only got 4 more days to decide if I make the trip. It would be nice to meet some of you people in person. Why does work and deadlines have to be in the way of this decision. :x

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon May 09, 2005 9:18 pm

:evil: I hate distance; no place on Earth should take more than an hour to reach. :cry:
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon May 09, 2005 9:38 pm

Dave wrote::evil: I hate distance; no place on Earth should take more than an hour to reach. :cry:

hahaha that's the same mantra my NYC friends have.

This sucks majorly for me because I've hit an Eva peak and this 10th anniversary panel sounds intriguing considering how I joined so late the in the game. !$%@$#$@$!!

It seems that a lot of the major players as far as US fans go will be there. It would be interesting to hear their conversations on Eva outside the confines of the internet.

*thinking thinking thinking thinking...*

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon May 09, 2005 10:52 pm

Digitalex wrote:hahaha that's the same mantra my NYC friends have.

You'll never find a more vile hive of scum and villainy than that horrible city; thank god I never have to live there again. :wink:

We may not be able to see Carl in person, but I'm sure Monkey and crew will be glad to tell us stranded fans the lowdown on the Eva panel.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon May 09, 2005 10:59 pm

Dave wrote:
Digitalex wrote:hahaha that's the same mantra my NYC friends have.

You'll never find a more vile hive of scum and villainy than that horrible city; thank god I never have to live there again. :wink:

We may not be able to see Carl in person, but I'm sure Monkey and crew will be glad to tell us stranded fans the lowdown on the Eva panel.

LOL! Tell me how you really feel. :lol:

As for Carl, Monkey, and the gang, it would be nice to hear and maybe even see what I might miss. I can't believe I'm still considering taking a road trip this weekend. :twisted:

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon May 09, 2005 11:17 pm

hotpics of eva-love in con please.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Tue May 10, 2005 10:26 am

evangelion's 10th annaversary already, it's only been......well 10 years, but.....no that's all i've got.

is gainax doing anything to celabrate such a feit?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 10, 2005 1:44 pm

Since the Renewal project was undertaken a couple years too soon, Gainax didn't leave themselves many options, aside from bringing out more spin-off manga and more cheesy Rei and Asuka figures. And Sadamoto has at least resumed the manga. Sort of.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Fan Works”