Namespaces

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Namespaces

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 am

We have a few namespaces that aren't being used very consistently, and there should be an article name cleanup to correct this. Thing is, I'm not sure what the exact rename procedure is when namespaces are involved. I'm also not sure what the actual namespace associated with the theory & analysis pages is; it SHOULD be "Theory and Analysis", but I have a feeling it might just be "Analysis".

OMF was the one who really knew about this stuff; Ornette probably knows the most of all of us currently, but I don't know if it's enough to sort this mess out. From the namespace-related documentation I looked at, Ornette would probably be in a better immediate position to understand the issues.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:39 am

OK. You can view what's in a namespace like this: http://wiki.evageeks.org/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace=106
(and choose the namespace).

I did a test where I created a test page (Namespace test) which was in the "(Main)" namespace, then tried to move it to another namespace by simply clicking on "Move" and adding the namespace followed by a ":" in front of it. Seemed to have worked. Problem is, when I tried to move it to the "Theory" namespace, it said that it was protected, maybe I don't have rights to move in the Theory namespace? Yeah, looking at the user rights it looks like I'm not in the right usergroup to admin Theory. I can edit stuff in the Theory namespace but not move stuff into it.

This is a slightly different problem than we were having before with namespaces. That being we had pages named "Blah:Bleh", then the "Blah" namespace was created, then we weren't able to move those pages into the "Blah" namespace. Huge headache.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”