Rebuild image scans thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:38 am

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:12 am

Delicious Takeshi Honda artwork.

I was actually kicking myself for not ordering it together with the khara one from amazon.co.jp. I have this horrible habit of remembering what else I want only after the package ship. :irked:
I'll still probably order it in February together with Groundwork if they're still in stock.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Eating chips in LCL seems like a bad idea.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:50 pm

^
It's Mari, she would drink the LCL raw if her superiors officers allowed her! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:39 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Eating chips in LCL seems like a bad idea.

Seems like typical Mari to me.
I've long since had this loose idea of Mari inviting Shinji to a picknick... inside her EVA's entry plug, and completely failing to understand why he might find a sandwhich full of LCL somewhat quasifying.

And now, it has become cannon outside my head as well! Glorious Chips & Marshmellows!
...Although Mari would probably call them "crisps".
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:47 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I've long since had this loose idea of Mari inviting Shinji to a picknick... inside her EVA's entry plug, and completely failing to understand why he might find a sandwhich full of LCL somewhat quasifying.

I think Mari would understand why Shinji might find a sandwich inside LCL not very appetizing... and being the precise reason why she invited him to this picknick to begin with! :lol:

Although the hardest part would be to sneak Shinji inside an Eva(Misato would go ballistic if she discover it) and to even convince Shinji to go anywhere near an Eva anymore!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:24 am

Bless drop for scanning the studio khara 2014-2015 calendar

https://yande.re/pool/show/3322

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:34 am

View Original Postvito wrote:Bless drop for scanning the studio khara 2014-2015 calendar

Nice!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Saved a whole bunch of them!

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:00 pm

View Original PostJoppu wrote:Küchenchef apparently means chef

Thanks for correcting my lousy reading.

So it's

The French food (or cuisine, how do you want to translate it) by Chef Eileen Reece

and Asuka's reading it in swedish? Weird...
Perhaps a throwback to an instrumentality reality. It sure seems to connect, especially if you don't have an answer to the "why is Shinji smiling" questions.

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 pm

View Original Postvito wrote:Bless drop for scanning the studio khara 2014-2015 calendar

I just got done looking at my own copies of the calendars, which put me in the mood to see more images... so I click in here and see that yeah, I coulda saved myself a fair bob by just downloading the scans. The only 'bonus' present in the physical version is little artist profiles (presented in both Japanese and English) on the back of each page. Ah well, I needed a new calendar, and wanted to have some nice new Eva images on the wall anyway. Perhaps now I can have my desktop wallpaper match the calendar hanging above my monitor!

I really love so many of the artworks - I have a lot of favorites. I'm not that fond of Kameda's yellow... Misato mashup, though. I was looking forward to seeing Katou's image in full size, but I'm a little disappointed that it's kind of fuzzy/blurry. I actually like Ichifuru's character icons and Nishio's Beast Mode cross-section pieces more than expected to.

Eva-02 gets a lot of love in this calendar.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Am i the only one that thinks those artworks looks rushed as hell ? like they just penciled the draft scanned and painted lazily on photoshop, you can see the paint smudges and areas not painted.
jeez why the hurry ? i hope they are REAALY BUSY with 4.0
ANATA BAKA !?

saintdane05
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby saintdane05 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Eating chips in LCL seems like a bad idea.

Heck, at one point, we see Mari Drink tea in LCL! How does that even work?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:12 am

^
My guess is that there's a valve in the bottle that prevent the LCL to enter in the bottle and let the tea out when Mari aspires in the straw. There might be a little LCL in the straw itself, but I think that Mari wouldn't mind at all! :lol:

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:56 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Am i the only one that thinks those artworks looks rushed as hell ? like they just penciled the draft scanned and painted lazily on photoshop, you can see the paint smudges and areas not painted.
jeez why the hurry ? i hope they are REAALY BUSY with 4.0

Yeah it's kinda weird. Looking at the thumbnails you don't see any issue at all but when i amplified the images the smudging/lack of definition on the characters was really jarring. Oh well, thankfully it's nothing big and some of the illustrations (like the one with the three pilots and the cat on that railroad track) are perfectly painted ^_^.

Whoever artist (Yoshizuki Sadamoto?) did that and the similar pictures is a real master.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:45 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Whoever artist (Yoshizuki Sadamoto?) did that and the similar pictures is a real master.

?? If you click on each individual image, the artist is given credit. This one was Kushida Tatsuya.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:48 am

Ah, i see -o-;. Thanks.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:24 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Doesn't look like they keep the full High Res versions, so I'll upload them here just to be safe.

Oh, I missed Oct and Nov. Can somebody upload them please?

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:43 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:Oh, I missed Oct and Nov. Can somebody upload them please?

Here you go:
October
November
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

HEALTH_DISCO
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby HEALTH_DISCO » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Don't know if it's the right thread to post this but anybody know where is that from ?
Looks like Eva01 and Eva-02 after re-entry. Is this fan made ? It was posted on reddit earlier today.

http://i.imgur.com/6cAtgb1.jpg

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”