Movie Question

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 02, 2005 10:20 am

ice reaper wrote:ditto. bang! boom! splodge! for Misato and stab! agghhh! fwip, fwip, fwip etc.! spludge! for Asuka. nasty

dear god this is the beast recap of 25 ever !
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon May 02, 2005 10:20 am

It was the water ballon popping glory in the control room in #26' that really did it for me. Yeah. Really haven't goton over that. Yeah.... I have a sudden urge to..... *runs off to watch EoE*
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 02, 2005 12:07 pm

What exactly is the 'setting' for much of EoTV? Is it in fact a theatre? A studio set? In any case, it's referenced in DEATH and #26', for whatever that's worth.

And OMG, I would say that watching EoE is more like watching your cat get disemboweled, being left to struggle in agony for a few minutes, then skewered to death, dismembered, and eaten by other cats.

(Oh yeah, and if you insist on being a cheapskate, bug me on AIM or something.)

Wayne
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wayne » Mon May 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Reichu wrote:What exactly is the 'setting' for much of EoTV? Is it in fact a theatre? A studio set? In any case, it's referenced in DEATH and #26', for whatever that's worth.

And OMG, I would say that watching EoE is more like watching your cat get disemboweled, being left to struggle in agony for a few minutes, then skewered to death, dismembered, and eaten by other cats.

(Oh yeah, and if you insist on being a cheapskate, bug me on AIM or something.)

Hey, that's what makes it so much different from other animes I guess. I love Evangelion partially because of all the bloody crap that goes on. Seems more realistic than DBZ when people get sliced and diced and theres no blood lol.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 02, 2005 10:40 pm

Random: "Anime" is never pluralized. (Like manga, samurai, nunchaku, katana, geisha, or any other Japanese term that has entered our language in some way.)

OK, carry on.

rip3mwk
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Mon May 02, 2005 10:44 pm

not like i saw a whole shit-load of DBZ or anything (just the first hundred or so eps.), but if you watch the origional eps. (say on the int. channel or something - what i did), you get to see some nice blood spurtings.
on that fact - eoe was kinda cheap on the blood in Asuka's demise - sure blood was pouring out of her eye (in the dark), but what about when her arm was sliced in half. that actually almost annoyed me - the fact that it was simply solid red. later when you get to see flashes of unit 02 - the split arm exposes muscle, bone, and even PUSS (SICK!). yeah i know i may be asking for something i might have regretted if seen, it is what it would really look like which would please me.

i'm not a huge fan of cats... hmm.

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Tue May 03, 2005 10:46 am

It was the water ballon popping glory in the control room in #26' that really did it for me. Yeah. Really haven't goton over that

is that by any chance when people pop into lcl? if not- please oritorate ( :x bloody spelling)

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue May 03, 2005 5:20 pm

ice reaper wrote:
It was the water ballon popping glory in the control room in #26' that really did it for me. Yeah. Really haven't goton over that

is that by any chance when people pop into lcl? if not- please oritorate ( :x bloody spelling)

Yeah...yeah.. I was talking about.... that.... paticular scene..... I need to sit down now.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”