[MANGA] [NGE] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

[NGE] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:38 pm

Split from the "New Manga Stage" thread. I have a bad habit of leading the lambs astray, don't I? -Reichu

I can smell it already. We're going to get the severed arm ending, aren't we?
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Reichu wrote:I can smell it already. We're going to get the severed arm ending, aren't we?

In the name of Lilith, NO!
Asuka > Rei

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:44 pm

Ryo wrote:In the name of Lilith, NO!

The way Sadamoto has been treating Asuka, "Kimochi warui" is definitely out. In fact, I can't forsee any Shinji/Asuka ending at all.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm

I can smell it already. We're going to get the severed arm ending, aren't we?

In the name of Lilith, NO!

hehe, you know my sadistic side finds that possibility rather amusing. But personally I'm hoping he'll come up with something new entirely.

What I'm wondering is how he's going to handle the main Kaworu story arc. Shinji hates the guy right now so unless something happens to make Shinji warm up to him a bit I cant see the kawaru story arc being the same at all.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:58 pm

Reichu wrote:
Ryo wrote:In the name of Lilith, NO!

The way Sadamoto has been treating Asuka, "Kimochi warui" is definitely out. In fact, I can't forsee any Shinji/Asuka ending at all.

Well, it wouldn't be true to the spirit of Eva if the ending wasn't controversial.

I'm not even convinced that we'll get Shinji rejecting Instrumentality. What if we get something that goes like this...

Rei (voice):
What do you wish for?

Shinji:
I want to help you in some way... and to be with you forever.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 pm

Reichu wrote:The way Sadamoto has been treating Asuka, "Kimochi warui" is definitely out. In fact, I can't forsee any Shinji/Asuka ending at all.

Yeah you have a point here,and i hope you will be right!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Being the suka fanboy I am, I hope we get an Asuka ending. Doe we know how many stages their will be total?

For the love of anno please do not have Asuka actuly kill herself that would break my heart :(
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:14 pm

DatDude wrote:Being the suka fanboy I am, I hope we get an Asuka ending. Doe we know how many stages their will be total?

For the love of anno please do not have Asuka actuly kill herself that would break my heart :(

Yeah and i am an asuka-fangirl,so that would break my heart too!
I just hope that Sadamoto will end the manga with not a complicated end..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:18 pm

DatDude wrote:For the love of anno please do not have Asuka actuly kill herself that would break my heart :(

It would depend how he did it.

Just having the MiBs turn up a few minutes late would be distasteful, just stripping her of any remaining dignity - but going out in a blaze of glory to stop evil-manga-Kaworu would be fitting, and give her some redemption.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:23 pm

The only thing that i don't like from the manga version,is that annoying Kaworu..If he keeps saying "how stupid was the First" i can see Shinji enjoying killing him..
I really wanna see how Sadamoto will turn out these things..

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:39 pm

The only thing that i don't like from the manga version,is that annoying Kaworu..If he keeps saying "how stupid was the First" i can see Shinji enjoying killing him..

Actually I like the manga version of Kaworu, if you think about it there really is nothing that's really different from how his character was in the anime, he's just getting development in different ways. The comment about Rei and killing the kitten earlier may make him look like kind of a jerk from our point of veiw, but you have to keep in mind the sort of logic Kaworu uses in his outlook of the world is a bit different from those used by regular humans its very black and white. The same logic behind him killing the kitten and making that remark about Rei is the very same logic he used in the anime when he decided it would be better for Shinji to kill him.

But I am interested in how the Kaworu storyline will play out, how will Kaworu and Shinji get to be freinds? Will they ever be freinds in this continuity? And if not what will happen differently?

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:42 pm

Defectron wrote:The same logic behind him killing the kitten and making that remark about Rei is the very same logic he used in the anime when he decided it would be better for Shinji to kill him.

There's a big difference between causing your own death and causing the death of another. Anno's Kaworu (the TRUE Kaworu) chose to let humanity live, even though he knew it would be painful. He knew that the life we had to look foward to was far from bright. Manga-Kaworu killed the kitty to spare it from the horrible future awaiting it. Exactly the opposite of what Anno-Kaworu did.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:59 pm

Dave wrote:
Defectron wrote:The same logic behind him killing the kitten and making that remark about Rei is the very same logic he used in the anime when he decided it would be better for Shinji to kill him.

There's a big difference between causing your own death and causing the death of another. Anno's Kaworu (the TRUE Kaworu) chose to let humanity live, even though he knew it would be painful. He knew that the life we had to look foward to was far from bright. Manga-Kaworu killed the kitty to spare it from the horrible future awaiting it. Exactly the opposite of what Anno-Kaworu did.

No anno's Kaworu let Shinji live the rest of us were just lucky he liked the kid. :P

the_seventh_child wrote:The only thing that i don't like from the manga version,is that annoying Kaworu..If he keeps saying "how stupid was the First" i can see Shinji enjoying killing him..

I agree with every thing you said here seventh.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:02 pm

Defectron wrote:
Actually I like the manga version of Kaworu, if you think about it there really is nothing that's really different from how his character was in the anime, he's just getting development in different ways. The comment about Rei and killing the kitten earlier may make him look like kind of a jerk from our point of veiw, but you have to keep in mind the sort of logic Kaworu uses in his outlook of the world is a bit different from those used by regular humans its very black and white. The same logic behind him killing the kitten and making that remark about Rei is the very same logic he used in the anime when he decided it would be better for Shinji to kill him.

I am sorry but i disagree here..Manga-Kaworu is very disturbing and annoying..His comments both for Rei--"She was stupid"--and Asuka--when Asuka suffered he said that it was interesting!@!)--btw i like how Shinji reacts at these situations--,reveal a bad personality,--not to say horrible--..Like he can comments and judge everyone,like he is the perfect..
I know he is an angel and he has different logic from people,but some feelings wouldn't hurt anyone!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:24 pm

DatDude wrote:No anno's Kaworu let Shinji live the rest of us were just lucky he liked the kid. :P

Nope.

Kaworu-kun wrote:Now, please erase me.
Otherwise you will be erased.
The life that escapes the time of annihilation,
and that obtains the future, is only one.
And, you are not the one who must die.
All of you need the future.

He appears to be referring to the Lilim collectively.

One thing that bugs me about Kaworu killing the kitten -- what if Shinji had been planning to adopt it? :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:35 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I'm not even convinced that we'll get Shinji rejecting Instrumentality. What if we get something that goes like this...

Rei (voice):
What do you wish for?

Shinji:
I want to help you in some way... and to be with you forever.

No sir. We have enough Rahxephon for this kind of ending. Hate mail towards Sadamoto will start piling up if he does that.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:34 pm

I still think kowarus descision in the anime may have been based on the same weird logic I was talking about earlier. The way I see it Kaworu saw humanity having more potential as a species so he chose to die instead. This is supported by that whole "survival of the fittest" speech Misato gives Shinji at the end of that episode. But I guess this could be debated.

One thing that bugs me about Kaworu killing the kitten -- what if Shinji had been planning to adopt it?

Hmmm I dunno, well i guess Shinji did help take care of penpen....so maybe he'd do a good job witht he kitten too, but I'm not sure if Misato would let him keep it, maybe she would I don't know.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:46 pm

Reichu wrote:
DatDude wrote:No anno's Kaworu let Shinji live the rest of us were just lucky he liked the kid. :P

Nope.

Kaworu-kun wrote:Now, please erase me.
Otherwise you will be erased.
The life that escapes the time of annihilation,
and that obtains the future, is only one.
And, you are not the one who must die.
All of you need the future.

He appears to be referring to the Lilim collectively.

One thing that bugs me about Kaworu killing the kitten -- what if Shinji had been planning to adopt it? :P

"All of you need the future"

That implys that the angels don't for some reason,and that makes no sense . If they didn't need a future why do they try to cause 3e ?

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:14 pm

He was speaking metaphorically. Humanity needs the future in the sense that we need something to look foward too, we need hope.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:54 pm

poor, poor kitten... :cry:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”