[LAEM] 19th angel?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

19th angel?

Postby Hand of God » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:21 pm

ok I saw a pic of the live action project about a eva-monster enemy do you think that´s an angel? they said it was an enemy of an eva so probably that will be the 19 angel
the world is just a sick and twisted place

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:36 pm

you are correct. that would be the angel from ep. 18 (eva 03 taken over).

check image #23 here:

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/filmography/galleries/neon_genesis
Last edited by rip3mwk on Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:31 am

[nitpick]You mean episode #18[/nitpick].
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:51 pm

All better now.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Hand of God » Sun May 01, 2005 8:55 pm

it says that eva fights a twisted self not a possed eva maybe the angel is copying the eva I don´t think is eva 03

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun May 01, 2005 9:27 pm

Its more than likely a concept for Bardiel. I mean... "duh".

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Hand of God » Tue May 03, 2005 2:44 pm

but it just doesn´t look like an eva to me it looks like an angel that took an eva from but didn´t possess an eva, something like if an eva was the shape of a glass and the angel a liquid you know what I mean?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 am

They didn't show it in the anime, but the Evas have to be shaved twice a day. This concept assumes a Bardiel/03 that has been wandering the land for a day and a half, its hair growth accelerated by Bardiel's amazing levels of tesosterone. The Weta guys later dubbed it an "Eva becoming a twisted version of its former self" because the original idea was deemed way too stupid.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Sat May 07, 2005 11:41 am

Hand of God wrote:but it just doesn´t look like an eva to me it looks like an angel that took an eva from but didn´t possess an eva, something like if an eva was the shape of a glass and the angel a liquid you know what I mean?

Okay, it is obviously a concept for Bardiel. In the series - the eva was taken over by the angel when in transit. It is simply exagerated to a descent extent. :wink: What else could it be??

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Ryo » Sat May 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:They didn't show it in the anime, but the Evas have to be shaved twice a day. This concept assumes a Bardiel/03 that has been wandering the land for a day and a half, its hair growth accelerated by Bardiel's amazing levels of tesosterone. The Weta guys later dubbed it an "Eva becoming a twisted version of its former self" because the original idea was deemed way too stupid.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, it seems to be a Bardiel concept.
Asuka > Rei

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat May 07, 2005 4:00 pm

So that means they are planning to have at least ramiel and Bardiel show up in this. What other important angels do you think will make it into the movie?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Sat May 07, 2005 5:04 pm

Defectron wrote:So that means they are planning to have at least ramiel and Bardiel show up in this. What other important angels do you think will make it into the movie?

bardiel it towards the end of the series - unless the decide to make the huge mistake of not setting it up in order of the series, it will not debut in the film (as being assumed to be the first several eps.). if i am wrong, then they will make it a single movie which will be even a worse decision... Just because they have the concept art for a project, doesn't mean that it will be in the to be current film. It is simply preparation - for ex. there probably won't be a shot of zero bleedling while grasping a spear - :wink: catch my drift. It is no more than concept art.

To answer your question: if there are 3 or so films - then i am guessing angels seen up to or until ramiel; maybe the next angel or so as well. If it a single, disasterous film, then all angels will (speculatively) make an appearance.

All necessary info. which is known at this early point can be found here:
http://www.evamonkey.com/em_liveaction.php
- Just check under the "What's it going to be about?" section.

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Sat May 07, 2005 5:11 pm

STOP!!! They better not follow the same exact story as the anime, I will kill them....why do you all insist on seeing the same thing over and over again, I begining to regret ever considering myself an anime fan....

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Hand of God » Sat May 07, 2005 5:47 pm

because if they make a new story than they´ll screw it up, plus it will be awsome to see Shinji fall and grab rei´s brest :D

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Sat May 07, 2005 6:16 pm

oh, shit there gonna screw it up anyway, so atleast they can screw it up unexpectidly...

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat May 07, 2005 6:18 pm

It's inevitable that their going to make a bunch of changes to the storyline. Anyone who thinks theres any possibility that the movie will follow the storyline exactly is crazy. Even lord of the rings didnt go exactly by the books.

You hear that Mr Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability...

But yeah it would be cool if they left in the part where Shinji falls on Rei even though it probably wont happen. If three movies get made most likely they'll have them be more or less a condensed version of the more important parts of the story.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Sat May 07, 2005 6:22 pm

I mean really I'm kinda trying to think of how they would do that scene, I'm not exactly sure on what is leagal an Illeagal in the filming and the end product...

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Sun May 08, 2005 6:46 am

i'm sorry to bring down your hopes, but i extreamely much doubt the Shinji on Rei scene will happen and if it did it would be even more.....'less' revealing. this is simply because of law- underage nudity is a big no-no. personally i hope they find a way of getting round it and having the nudity, but i doubt it. they also have to find someone fitting of Rei's part and willing to be.....cupped- finding a Shinji who would be willing to cup wouldn't be hard- you have to admit- randy bastard 14 year olds, which i was one of untill a few months ago.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun May 08, 2005 2:19 pm

NOTE: the Shinji on Rei scene has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. If you find the issue that engaging, seek out an older and more relevant thread, or make a new one. Personally, I think the Shinji-on-Rei scene is one of the LEAST significant moments in the story (not counting most of the stuff during the Action Arq), and is also the most thematically replaceable.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Prons
Embryo

Postby Prons » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:08 am

Wait, 19th Angel? I thought the last one was #17, boy was I wrong.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”