[LAEM] Weta Workshop adds Evangelion to their Filmography

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Weta Workshop adds Evangelion to their Filmography

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:01 am

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Feature Film

Under Development

Weta has been designing a live-action adaptation of Neon Genesis: Evangelion. The film is on hold but it is Weta’s hope that it will enjoy getting to work on the film production of this amazing story in the near future.

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/filmography/film/neon_genesis

Right now, that's all there is, as well as a flash presentation of most of the art so far, with descriptions, proper titles, and proper character names.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Ryo » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:16 am

Hmm... Hmm... Pretty nice, I hope they'll stick to the original names. But "Pod suit"? What the crap?
Asuka > Rei

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Sventevith » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:48 am

Yeah, a friend of mine noticed this for a few days ago... but I have my doubts about the movie ;) I wont see it with too high expectations...
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:47 am

It's not going to happin people wake up. Theirs been no movement in this in a long wile now. I'm thankful as im sure it would suck.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Sventevith » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:10 pm

DatDude wrote:It's not going to happin people wake up. Theirs been no movement in this in a long wile now. I'm thankful as im sure it would suck.

Best would be to think about it as another dimension of NGE or something like it, I guess... or a movie based on the concept - as it surely will be an action-flic without the deep stuff...

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:54 pm

i used to be worried about this project too - now it is to a far less extent. i love the artwork of the eva hanger!
i am now quite hopeful. this seems to be pretty concrete (only considering the concept images).
a great small shread of proof; yes!

ah god Misato looks like crap

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Sventevith » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:44 pm

rip3mwk wrote:ah god Misato looks like crap

Those though are just models which they've put cloths on, if I understand it right... not really ment to be close to the actress ;)

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:01 pm

Sventevith wrote:
DatDude wrote:It's not going to happin people wake up. Theirs been no movement in this in a long wile now. I'm thankful as im sure it would suck.

Best would be to think about it as another dimension of NGE or something like it, I guess... or a movie based on the concept - as it surely will be an action-flic without the deep stuff...

Am I the only person who wouldn't be pissed off if there wasn't any of the deep stuff....?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:19 pm

Am I the only person who wouldn't be pissed off if there wasn't any of the deep stuff....?

Yes. Here's a ball. Bounce it.

*hands anatrok a red rubber ball*

:P

Those though are just models which they've put cloths on, if I understand it right... not really ment to be close to the actress

Even so, that costume concept is disappointing in and of itself. Seeing the first few images with their proper names, I had hoped that that particular image would read "NERV employee" or "space cop" once I arrived at it, but alas...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:19 pm

Sventevith wrote:
rip3mwk wrote:ah god Misato looks like crap

Those though are just models which they've put cloths on, if I understand it right... not really ment to be close to the actress ;)

yes but it is the outfit that bothers me - where is her red jacket and black dress eh? ya know the outfit in ep. 1 and the outfit that she died in...

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:14 pm

yes but it is the outfit that bothers me - where is her red jacket and black dress eh? ya know the outfit in ep. 1 and the outfit that she died in...

My guess is that their trying to make her uniform more pracitcle for a combat environment in the movie. But we'll just have to wait and see what she looks like when and if it happens. Wonder how they'll make other characters like Gendo, Ritsuko and Shinji look, I don't believe they have any concept art of them up yet.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:48 pm

I just wonder at their presumed target demographic with the thumbnail taken of Rei/Ray's rump - to my mind, at least, not the sexiest derrière ever commited to pixels by an artist.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:24 pm

If they get rid of Misato's one-piece and bumfreezer, I won't be mourning. Honestly, why is a woman in the military going around in a tight black skirt in a first place?

And don't say anything -- I know the answer.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:58 pm

If they get rid of Misato's one-piece and bumfreezer, I won't be mourning. Honestly, why is a woman in the military going around in a tight black skirt in a first place?

A pair of jeans might be nice. Or at least a uniform that looks like something a person would actually wear after having been toilet trained.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:47 pm

Reichu wrote:If they get rid of Misato's one-piece and bumfreezer, I won't be mourning. Honestly, why is a woman in the military going around in a tight black skirt in a first place?

And don't say anything -- I know the answer.

The same reason that the underage female pilots have bo problem running around in skin tight plug suits all day long :P
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

RubberSoul
Lilith

Postby RubberSoul » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:51 pm

There's a few I haven't seen before. They'll probably start production when I'm in the middle of college.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:14 pm

RubberSoul wrote:There's a few I haven't seen before.

Heh heh, where were you when all of these images first reached the Internet over a year ago? ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:49 pm

Reichu wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:There's a few I haven't seen before.

Heh heh, where were you when all of these images first reached the Internet over a year ago? ;)

this is true - and grant says that there are (supposedly) thousands... riiight. this will take a while to be made, let alone produce/release more concept art.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:13 pm

Well, I suppose if you repackage a couple different illustrations enough ways, they might give the illusion of being larger in number than they really are.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:04 am

I can only forgive this movie if the plugsuits are made transparent. So not only we can appreciate the virtues of the girl pilots, but also clear that doubt about "Shinji has boobs" and the other "Shinji has... *anything*??"
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”