Official Pokémon Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Official Pokémon Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:28 pm

The girl's hat is so weird!!!

Also, the psychic-steel typing is lol. It'a only a shining sun lion, why would it be a fire type? Pfft

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Ok, here's something I just now realized. Rowlet isn't just a Grass-type Pokemon that happens to be based on an owl. It's actually based on a grass owl: a relative of the barn owl found in Japan. Clever!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Is anybody else playing the Pokemon Go mobile game? It's taking over my life.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Is anybody else playing the Pokemon Go mobile game? It's taking over my life.

I'm not, but my nephews are really into it. I, they, and my brother walked around the neighborhood looking for Pokemon on it and caught a few. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that capturing requires some actual skill, but nothing prohibitive -- even my littlest nephew (eventually) performed a successful catch.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:39 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Is anybody else playing the Pokemon Go mobile game? It's taking over my life.

I've been playing on and off when I have time. It's quite fun I do have to say though I am a bit behind most other people I know playing. Getting better Pokemon though now so that helps. Caught a nice Venomoth at the park across from my house this afternoon and nearly got a Tauros but no matter how good the throw, he would break out and ran off after a few tries.

All in all it's good fun, though I'm finding the increasing insults I've been on the receiving end of from friends of mine that are Team Valor are becoming quite distasteful. (I'm Team Mystic) It's one thing to joke around, but it's another thing to be a complete jerk over it. It's just a dang game.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:42 pm

I don't have a phone that's compatible, so I don't have the game personally, but considering what I've been hearing on the news, about the car crashes and various other problems, I think I stick with the console games at the moment, in preparation for Sun and Moon.

Lord knows I have enough games I haven't completed all the way. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:33 pm

I tried, but it proved to be extremely buggy and it crashed at the drop of a hat, even when I had no other apps open. The whole "full and complete access to my gmail account, including read/write privileges and the ability to edit, delete, compose and send mail" thing was also a deal breaker (yes, you can revoke those permissions, but in my case that made the game non-functional).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:43 pm

I can't play it because it isn't avaliable at my country yet.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

NONAME
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NONAME » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:10 pm

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:I can't play it because it isn't available at my country yet.

Same in my country, but many people had already downloaded it illegally anyway and been playing it a lot, lol.

Is it really that good?
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Apart from it being buggy as hell I can never seem to get the servers to work for me. I also heard all the stories of people running into incoming traffic because they didn’t pay enough attention to their suroundings.

I’m actually impressed with how far the game’s influence is felt the National Basketball Assositation is even backing it. 
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Well, apparently it's dominating social media to a degree, so I'll admit I'm a bit jealous, but I don't see the point of trying to collect 151 pokemon all over again when I already have done the same thing for 721 pokemon, except the events that haven't been released yet like Volcanion.

Plus, the only pokemon I would really want out of the 151 are Mewtwo and Porygon, and I already have them. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:27 pm

I mean I’ll probably end up just going back to the DS games at some point anyway.Apperantly there have been a lot of security concerns brought up about the game as well, I’ve also read sevral articals about pedofiles using the game to attract children to ”play with them”.  :uhh:
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Why are you typing like that? Please stop.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:20 am

Teens shot while playing Pokemon Go

Sex offender caught after using Pokemon Go to target child

Plus the Chinese military are afraid Go-ing soldiers will reveal military secrets, and if my experience today was anything to go by it won't be long before the first Go player end up under a truck (they're even worse than other mobile phone addicts walking on the street).
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Yeah, my whole Gym is playing Pokemon GO LMAO. These buff dudes are using it! It's amazing. Although it seems there are a lot of incidents associated with the app. You gotta watch where you go.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Well, because of bugs I haven't been playing much. Have met some pretty cool people randomly out walking around playing as well which is nice.

My friends have toned down their insults since i called them out on them, now it's just lighthearted joking.

Locally however we are having incidents of Team Valor people tagging structures that are near gyms. (Graffiti) There was a ton found at the stadium of my former High School and more found covering a sidewalk intersection elsewhere. I do not care what team people are on, but engaging in destruction of property is not ok.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 am

I have a Windows Phone (don't ask...), so I wouldn't be able to play Pokemon Go unless I upgraded to an Android or iPhone. My boyfriend thinks I should, since it would get me walking and all. I guess if I'm going to be addicted to phone games anyway, I might as well be walking, too. I just have to come to terms with the idea of losing all progress on the titles I've been playing, since I don't think that sort of thing can transfer across OSes. Repeat after me, Reichu: THEY'RE JUST SHITTY MOBILE GAMES, THEY DON'T MATTER; THEY'RE JUST SHITTY MOBILE GAMES, THEY DON'T MATTER...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:34 am

Nintendo seems to have made a game that brings out the terminally stupid in humans: Warning: Don't play Pokemon Go in minefields!

s/minefields/nuclear reactor cores/firing ranges/highways/train tracks/power stations
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Kinda random but, do we think the Diamond and Pearl remakes will happen after Sun/Moon on the 3DS - or most definitely on the next handheld? I am tempted to sell my 3DS this summer (but really wanna play those remakes)

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:42 am

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Nintendo seems to have made a game that brings out the terminally stupid in humans: Warning: Don't play Pokemon Go in minefields!

s/minefields/nuclear reactor cores/firing ranges/highways/train tracks/power stations

Jesus on a pogo stick, totally called it:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36891787

I sincerely hope that Pokemon players on EvaGeeks are not that dumb.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”