Official Pokémon Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:11 pm

It has been announced that the Johto Starters are to be distributed this year with
their Hidden Abilities. From February 27th 2015 to November 30th 2015, if you access
Pokémon Bank, you will receive Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities
of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire and Sheer Force respectively. These are distributed through the Pokémon
Link feature into Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire with a limit of 1 of each per
Pokémon Bank.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:38 pm

I wonder what the next games will be? Pokemon games are usually revealed between March and May and I'm dying to know where the series will go next. More specifically, if they will embrace the sequel approach with X2 Y2 or go for the traditional 3rd game Z

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:59 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:More specifically, if they will embrace the sequel approach with X2 Y2 or go for the traditional 3rd game Z

...It never even occurred to me that they had a black and white but no gray! :lol:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:44 pm

I want GameFreaks to team up with Capcom and make Pocket Monster Hunter. Gotta hunt them all...

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:28 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I want GameFreaks to team up with Capcom and make Pocket Monster Hunter. Gotta hunt them all...

If we're talking about non traditional games, I want the next Colosseum or XD. Or at the very least a 3DS port of those two

Rubyred
Embryo

Pokémon: Dawn of Darkness - a free MMORPG

•      
  •      

Postby Rubyred » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:09 am

PDoD, Pokémon: Dawn of Darkness is quickly becoming the worlds best (free to play) Pokémon MMORPG available. We have frequent updates and a community growing quicker by the day, this is due partially to the fact we have designed a custom game region and also game engine, not based upon any content you've experienced before brought to you in our own style. This also keeps us flexible in the way we can bring forward new improvements as the engine is developed by us we're able to implement almost anything within the boundaries of our imagination if the idea fits. There isn't going to be many online Pokémon experiences which can provide this for storylines while also providing an engaging competitive scene.

[center]Game Media/Screenshots[/center]

While our main recruitment focus is currently for Artists and Scripters - if you have a talent you think could be of use and are passionate about being creative, we would love to hear from you. You will be joining an established team of around 10 dedicated members already. Even if you would just like to help by downloading and testing the game, reporting the errors you find along the way you are welcome to join our community and promise you will enjoy your stay. Please Note: We are not looking for additional programmers.

Currently the Game Engine supports the following:

- A Stable & Secure Game Server, with 99.9% uptime based on the last 12 months worth of statistics
- Selectable Player Avatars, 12 during registration and 100 available through playing the game. Hundreds of NPC sprites available too.
- Almost 250 in game items, including TMs, various Pokeballs, Potions, Status Cures and others.
- Over 400 in game maps, even every single house in PDoD is unique
- Pokémon up to Gen 4 included, current spawns allow for Pokedex competion of roughly (480/493)
- Nicknamers, Move Tutors, Shops, secure trading, PvP Matchmaking, High Scores and even an elite level difficulty nuzlocke game mode.
- Community built project, feel inspired to create your own levels? storylines/quests? Get involved.
- To add a little icing to the cake, the project is updated all the time and will always remain free to play!

Thank you for taking the time to read our topic, please visit www.pdod.net to enjoy the game, you may also want to contact our Game Staff regarding any positions you are interested in. I will go in to further details about the positions available below for anyone who is interested. Before reading further I would like to stress that this is a hobby project, therefore all of the members of the team are here on a voluntary basis. Our goal is to be creative and be able to enjoy these creations with our community.

Graphics
For a Graphics Team position, please create a Showcase topic showing your skills in the Graphics Section of the Forum, this will allow us to review your skills and allow our team and community provide advise to help you improve and/or adapt to suit the style of artwork the game requires. Alternatively if you are confident you may contact the head developer (admin) via the forums.

Pixel Artists (2)
We would like to expand our selection of player avatars, npc sprites, tileset artwork and Pokémon form variations.

Digital Artists (2)
This would be for artists capable of rendering things like background images, interface work, website artwork and other styles of art too.

World Scripters (3)
PDoD has it's own scripting language which has been designed from the ground up to be as simple to learn as possible staying as close to written English as possible, although this still leaves us open to more complex processing when it's required. This means anyone with any kind of basic scripting, programming or even web development experience would be able to pick the language up with ease. These users are what bring our NPC's to life, making them able to behave differently based on in game events & achievements or starting a fierce duel. The NPC Scripting Team also have the task of turning the Quest Writers work in to real in-game Quests so you don't have to be creative in a storyline sense to be able to get involved either.
The sky is the limit

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:22 am

This is spam, welp i forsee a ban.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Rubyred
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rubyred » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 am

I'm not a spam bot, have mercy! :(
The sky is the limit

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Mercy granted... but it doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Now, maybe contribute to the rest of the forum and show you actually care about eva and aren't just advertizing? Just a thought.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:18 am

My favorite pokemon is swampert

he's my big bara daddy

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:10 pm

So I had a huge burst of nostalgia recently, so I went and got myself a copy of Soulsilver. I just beat the eighth gym and currently my team is:

Emmaleigh, level 81 female Eevee
Stephan, level 56 male Ampharos
Oliver, level 55 male Typhlosion
Valerie, level 54 female Xatu
Rebecca, level 54 female Furret
Jasmine, level 53 female Ninetails

I'm currently grinding Daniel, a level 21 male Dratini. He is set to replace Ninetails, since I don't really need two fire types.

Gotta say, this game is amazing.
Set phasers to thrill.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:46 pm

During my most recent Pokemon craze, I tried to come up with clever nicknames for my Pokemon. Some of my favorites were Vivi for Eevee, Tyler for Paras (Tyler Paras, get it?), and Zap for Pikachu. I almost always name my starter Oswald, after my puppy. Sometime I'll just give random names, like Steve for Magnemite.

The hardest part in the game for me is naming them, and sometimes I'll sit on the screen for can hour before coming up with something.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Agreed, I'm the same way. Every critter I catch gets a name. I derive a certain joy from looking at the PC boxes from old playthroughs and just reading the names. It brings back a lot of memories.

I follow a certain pattern, though. Pokemon I like get ultra suburban ones, like Daniel, Craig, and Jonathan. It cracks me up seeing a Steelix named Howard.

Pokemon I LOVE get names I find pretty, like Emmaleigh and Verdelaire. Often I'll just make something up that rolls nicely off the tongue.

Pokemon I outright dislike get dopey names. My PC currently contains such classics as Frump, Bloop, and Oomph.

Legendaries, without fail, always get Hispanic names. Preferably ones with a good rolling R sound. Roberto the Dialga is sitting in my copy of Diamond as we speak.
Set phasers to thrill.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm

There's no rhyme or reason behind my nicknames. I have Brad Pitt the Lapras and Satan the Goodra. Then there are Mocha and Latte, my Latios and Latias.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 pm

No bad names here, friend. Just good times.

Soon as I finish busting through Kanto, I plan to tackle Y version. I bought it months ago along with Bravely Default, but never touched either of them. I've got a good feeling about this one.

Mmmm Mega Blastoise.
Set phasers to thrill.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:50 pm

When I first got Pokemon, as in the original, waaay back in the day, I gave my Pokemon nicknames because the game prompted me for it so why not. I don't even remember how I named any of them.

Then I saw the show and noticed how Ash never gave his Pokemon any nicknames.

I haven't named a Pokemon since. And I've loved every minute of it.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shoujo Kakumei Asuka
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shoujo Kakumei Asuka » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:55 pm

View Original PostChainsaw Owl wrote:Roberto the Dialga is sitting in my copy of Diamond as we speak.

Roberto, use Roar of Time! The Universe trembles from the power of Roberto.

Dialga feels like more an Ignacio myself. Do you have a nicknamed Garbodor? I'm curious of what a very special name you would have for a very special Pokemon.
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over... - Spike Spiegel

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:04 pm

I didn't start nicknaming my Pokemon until X/Y and so far I have just three I'm actually proud of: A Greninja named Kermitsurugi, a Reuniclus named Jamina, and a Trevenant named Mourningwood :lol:

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 pm

View Original PostShoujo Kakumei Asuka wrote:Do you have a nicknamed Garbodor? I'm curious of what a very special name you would have for a very special Pokemon.

Oh boy, I haven't touched my copy of Black in over a year. Give me a second to dig it up.

... Yes, yes I do have one. His name is Guddles. With a G. -o-;
Set phasers to thrill.

Shoujo Kakumei Asuka
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shoujo Kakumei Asuka » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 pm

View Original PostChainsaw Owl wrote:Oh boy, I haven't touched my copy of Black in over a year. Give me a second to dig it up.

... Yes, yes I do have one. His name is Guddles. With a G. -o-;

Garbordor is so Guddly! :hahaha:
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over... - Spike Spiegel

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”