Official Pokémon Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Official Pokémon Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Most of you are going to post something like "WTF is this?" but This is where you may discuss any Pokemon games from any system. This is the games only not the anime. I'm planing to get Platinum version soon and I beated Diamond back in late 2007.

This was my team back in 2007 when I had Diamond.

Infernape lv. 86 (Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Hyper Beam, Dig)

Sceptile lv.75 (Leaf Blade, Screech, Cut, Slam)

Rampardos lv. 74 (Head Butt, Rock Smash, Strength, Earthquake)

Lucario Lv. 80 (Metal Claw, Ice Punch, Fury Cutter, Rest)

Dialga Lv. 89 (Earth Power, Slash, Ancientpower, Cut)

Garchomp lv. 77 (Slash, Dig, Dragon Rage, Surf)

I love the games but hate the animes and I still own a few cards back in the 90's. Disscus the games series here and post your teams if you want.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I don't know who any of those pokémon are. It's been at least 12 years since I've played any of the games. I certainly liked it much better than the show.

I was awesome though. I kicked everyone's ass with just a magikarp.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:17 pm

I had a level 100 Magikarp before and I used to kick everyone in the Eite 4 in Blue Version thanks to Game Shark. If you have wfi then you can post friend codes and people can trade or battle. I hope I get Wfi soon since I trade with people but my Sister and I share a DS which means I have to wait for her to be done playing with it as always. Before I do that I would need to get more badges because Pokemon in games won't listin to depending on the amount of badges.

It hard to believe Pokemon cameout over 10 years ago in the USA and I still remember TV adds for it. The one thing I don't like the new games is that their too many of them and their names are even harder to pronounce.

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 pm

I stopped playing the games after Sapphire and Ruby after...I will not say but lets just say I won't play it until I leave my parents household.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:26 pm

If I remember correctly my typical setup was my starting pokémon, Mew, Mewtwo, maybe Dragonite and one of the elemental birds. Like I said, it's been a LOOOOOOOOONG fuckin' time.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Mewtwo will always be the greatest pokemon.

HYPERBEAM, anyone?
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Fazmotron wrote:Mewtwo will always be the greatest pokemon.

HYPERBEAM, anyone?

Mewtwo is the greatest pokemon ever! :thumbsup:
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:08 pm

The games were fun.

The anime was crap. Pure crap with dialogue that would give George Lucas severe diarrhea.

I was too lazy as a kid to learn how to play the card game.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:29 pm

ZapalacX wrote:I don't know who any of those pokémon are.

Word up, dawg.

The games were fun. Kind of obnoxious in some ways (e.g., Psychic Pokemon were totally overpowered in Red/Blue, and it took forever to hatch eggs in Gold/Silver, and all sorts of other things I can't remember right now), but fun.

I will admit that I watched the raped version of the anime (not that the unraped version could be THAT much better). It was retarded, but it appealed to some aspect of my childish whimsy. Plus it helped cultivate my interest in anime, and I had some IRL friends (dai shokku!!!!) at the time who liked it, too. Nothing like social bonding by making Pokemon noises at each other. Ah, those were the days.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:22 am

BrikHaus wrote:<snip>

You know what's the stupidest thing about that lolcat? Look at the cartridge in the gameboy. I don't know what that is, but it sure as hell isn't poke`mon.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 am

I blame serebii and curiosity for ruining Platinum for me. Is anyone getting it tomorrow?

I haven't played Pearl in a while, or my DS, because of this thing I was doing with EVs and IVs. I found that pokerus sucks, basicially. It's not needed, and i've grown disillutioned. Has anyone else been experimenting with IVs and EVs?

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:41 am

I'm picking it up tomorrow night along with my roommate. I've already been planning my endgame team out.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:23 am

Friend codes, friend codes

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Damn, pokemon was the shit. I had a level 90 team on my Red Version. I can't even remember what I had. I think I had a Charizard with swords dance, flamethrower, earthquake, and slash.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 pm

I got Regigigas at Toys R' Us and he is at level 1 though. I never had a pokemon that low since I over used gamestark on Red & Blue which gitch up everything.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:07 pm

I used to have a team of six Level 100 Mewtwos on red/blue (probably still have it). Without cheating or gathering them from others. Yes, I had waay too much time back then granted, playing through the entire thing again goes actually pretty fast with even just one Lvl. 100 Mewtwo - even if he doesn't listen to you at first, when he attacks eventually, it's more than enough to wipe the floor with any enemy.

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 am

Man, what is going on here. Everyone is spreading their pokemon nonsense around. Swords dance in red? I think we only had Fissure in the original games. 6 Mewtwos in one game cartridge? Level 100 toysrus Regigigas mysteryously becoming level 1 when downloaded? Jeez, You guys are happily raping what is wholesome about Pokemon. This is what guys do when Pokemon comes up?

So I present to you: Shinji face :shinji_boohoo:

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:05 am

Ill’d have to agree. In its day it was the shit. Top notch. I even have my full (Yes FULL original cards) card set laying around stoneware. Ill probably give it to my kids one day.

BrikHaus wrote:Image

Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:18 am

^ I've always wondered where that screenshot came from.

I still think the Pokemon games are great even today. I mean, Crystal was fantastic (the eggs [no matter how long they took to hatch], the color, the animations, the train between 'two worlds'). Frankly, I'm even wondering when it will get old. The Pokemon games are fantastic sellers, and like [insert pokemon developper's name here] said, the games started out not being extremely popular, but their sales rose steady over time. I think that will continue, especially since I don't see a lot of satisfying RPGs for a handheld out there.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”