"Girlfriend of Steel" Images

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

"Girlfriend of Steel" Images

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:20 am

Well, boys and girls, I've finally played that wonderful piece of heavily interactive entertainment [<-- oozing with sarcasm] known as "Girlfriend of Steel", and I've been able to update and organize my GOS-relevant image files accordingly. I figure I may as well share the wealth. Most of these are screenshots (originally PNGs) I took myself, supplemented by whatever crap in my GOS folder I couldn't get a screeny of. For purposes of practicality, I've converted most of the PNGs into 90% JPEGs; although if you really want the PNGs (which have no compression artifacts, but are helluva bigger), you can nag me on AIM or something.

I've broken the games' cut scenes (this "game" is many long cut scenes separated by brief moments of paltry 'interactivity') down into 'cuts' (which make no pretensions of being official), separated into multiple ZIP files:

gos_001~039
gos_040~084
gos_085~129
gos_130~181
gos_182~214
gos_215~241
gos_242~265
gos_265~288

There are, like, two numbering errors. By the time I noticed them, tho, I decided I didn't care.

Additional ZIPs are:

gos_endings: The three possible ending sequences. (Warning: n00dity!)
gos_explore: Screenshots from the "exploratory" segments in the game.
gos_extra: Random GOS crap from the Collector's Disc and elsewhere.
gos_faces: The little faces that pop up when people are talking.

BTW, if I were a mecha, I would sleep with Musashi's Land Cruiser. :drool:

Apologies to Monkey for raping his bandwidh, again. ;)
Last edited by Reichu on Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:40 am

er...thanks, I've been looking for some GOS pic's like this for a while...are any missing?

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:44 am

How come gos_215~265 is named gos_242~265.zip? ;)

/edit

Ok, now I read your whole post :| Now I feel stupid... why do I make myself an ass on this board, and nowhere else?
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 am

anatrok wrote:er...thanks, I've been looking for some GOS pic's like this for a while...are any missing?

Well, not as far as I know... There were some pictures in my archive that I didn't encounter in the game itself, so I suppose there might be.

sven wrote:How come gos_215~265 is named gos_242~265.zip? ;)

/edit

Ok, now I read your whole post :| Now I feel stupid... why do I make myself an ass on this board, and nowhere else?

Actually, you were right the first time. I forgot to include one of the ZIPs. It's there now, tho.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:03 am

Oh alright, so now I have to feel stupid about believing I did a misstake when I didn't :?

By the way, I like Asuka's breasts in picture 029.jpg, for some reason... maybe I feel sorry for myself, I always think girls looks prettier when I feel sorry for myself...
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:16 am

I could never undestand the draw of this game, or GoS2.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:27 am

DatDude wrote:I could never undestand the draw of this game, or GoS2.

Really, calling GOS a "game" is being too kind.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:49 pm

I'm trying to not start a riot among the fools that think " mana " is an offical character and fits well into eva's story.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:55 pm

DatDude wrote:I'm trying to not start a riot among the fools that think " mana " is an offical character and fits well into eva's story.

What, she doesn't?! Honestly, she's like, my all-time favorite character! She has great personality and looks much hotter than both Asuka and Rei! I hoped that Sadamoto would include her in the manga, too. [/sarcasm]
Asuka > Rei

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:12 pm

Oh, I like it cuz it's just give's Shinji a break....can't say I like Mana though...

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:50 pm

Really, with the amount of hate Mana is treated to, I was expecting the devil incarnate. Do you think anyone less annoying could possibly fall for Shinji so expressively? (Don't answer that. Please, for the love of Sammael, it's not that interesting.)

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 pm

She's a merry sue character pasted into an anime with darkly human characters in it. She sticks out like a nun on a whore house. And by that I mean a REAL nun not some whore dressed up as a nun. :wink:

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:28 pm

DatDude wrote:She's a merry sue character pasted into an anime with darkly human characters in it. She sticks out like a nun on a whore house. And by that I mean a REAL nun not some whore dressed up as a nun. :wink:

Did you know that in the middle ages Nuns used to run whorehouses. and the term "get thee to a nunnery" means to be sent to work at a brothel.

Oh and by the way Mana sucks. She is even more of a pathetic waste of flesh than Karowu.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:42 pm

Nerver mind about nunneries - based on previous episodes I'm suprised Shinji doesn't run off to become a monk (or expire with a terminal nosebleed) if she ends up flashing her norks at him.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:05 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Nerver mind about nunneries - based on previous episodes I'm suprised Shinji doesn't run off to become a monk (or expire with a terminal nosebleed) if she ends up flashing her norks at him.

"If"? Just download the 'endings.zip' and see them norks for yourself. It's okay -- we all know you're a Dirty Old Man. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:52 pm

Reichu wrote:"If"? Just download the 'endings.zip' and see them norks for yourself. It's okay -- we all know you're a Dirty Old Man. ;)

I already did :lol: - the "if" was "if you reach that particular end-game". Mana topless may be the pay-off for the gamer, but it's the idea of the reaction shot that appealed to my sense of the absurd.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:00 am

Mana was named consistently with the rest of the Eva cast (Kirishima was also a sunken WWII ship), Ikuto Yamashita designed the mecha (he's done very little since), and they really put a lot of effort into the game.

Mana didn't just fall in love with Shinji-- she was pretending to like him to get access to NERV.

Mana and other characters since are really indicators of how badly Eva continues to frustrate us, even to this day. As much as we admire its originality and uncompromising attitude, many fans just can't give up the wish, even a little, that Shinji gets a happy ending. With a girl. That doesn't involve the end of the world and Kimochi Warui.
Last edited by Otaprince on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:16 am

Aw sheet... Just realized I screwed up compositing one of the GOS images. For anyone who downloaded the ZIPs, here's a replacement:

http://evamonkey.com/reichu/misc/gos_208.jpg

Otaprince wrote:Ikuto Yamashita designed the mecha (he's done very little since)

What the heck DOES that guy do for a living?

Mana didn't just fall in love with Shinji-- she was pretending to like him to get access to NERV.

Heh -- "was". But we all know where that went. ;)

Mana and other characters since are really indicators of how badly Eva continues to frustrate us, even to this day. As much as we admire its originality and uncompromising attitude, many fans just can't give up the wish, even a little, that Shinji gets a happy ending. With a girl. That doesn't involve the end of the world and Kimochi Warui.

Aw, I always thought that "the end of the world" was just the start of Shinji's REAL journey. Bleak as it seems, he and Asuka have decided to go on living, and, really, anything could happen. (Despite your wishes, Mr. Tines. ;) ) Setting him up to live 'Happily Ever After' with some perfect girl is just an easy way to cheapen everything that NGE is, IMO.

Then, this is coming from the person whose fantasies involve an 'afterlife' sort of situation for Evas and Angels. So, never mind.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:10 pm

Otaprince wrote:As much as we admire its originality and uncompromising attitude, many fans just can't give up the wish, even a little, that Shinji gets a happy ending. With a girl. That doesn't involve the end of the world and Kimochi Warui.

Or even just wish for an ending that involved a successful transcension, or failing that one that didn't involve the end of the world (sorry, one of my quirky little neuroses there. But there is plenty of scope for bittersweet out there - though I'll admit, getting Shinji laid is one high-likelihood strategy for altering the trajectory from being straight to hell in a handcart.

Reichu wrote:Aw, I always thought that "the end of the world" was just the start of Shinji's REAL journey. Bleak as it seems, he and Asuka have decided to go on living, and, really, anything could happen. (Despite your wishes, Mr. Tines. ;) ) Setting him up to live 'Happily Ever After' with some perfect girl is just an easy way to cheapen everything that NGE is, IMO.

Yes. This is NGE - it doesn't do happy endings.

Though maybe Asuka does pull out of suicidal funk, and Shinji restrain his urge to reality check by strangling people, and anime physics sidestep the global ecocatastrophe, you can go a long way without making it happy ever after.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:28 pm

Considering Asuka has reembodied, her libido seems to have her destrudo conquered -- for now.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”