Rebuild Pages

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:27 pm

We really need a catch-all solution. Color-coded info boxes would only help on the pages that use info boxes (like character, Eva, and Angel pages).

As for dividing NGE stuff from Rebuild stuff altogether -- that might be not be a bad idea. There is a good possibility of repetition in many cases, but if we simply look at Rebuild as a "separate entity" and not really worry about constant NGE comparisons in composing articles, the result would probably be much more coherent and informative articles on both sides.

Though, I'm not sure what the best way to go about it would be. A "Rebuild:" name space is the first notion, but without OMF around I wouldn't know how to implement it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:We really need a catch-all solution. Color-coded info boxes would only help on the pages that use info boxes (like character, Eva, and Angel pages).

I see your point; since almost all of the Theory and Analysis pages currently don't have info boxes they wouldn't benefit from the colour coding. Similarly, current pages for stuff like Tokyo-3 and the Geofront would be left out.

View Original PostReichu wrote:As for dividing NGE stuff from Rebuild stuff altogether -- that might be not be a bad idea. There is a good possibility of repetition in many cases, but if we simply look at Rebuild as a "separate entity" and not really worry about constant NGE comparisons in composing articles, the result would probably be much more coherent and informative articles on both sides.

Exactly what I was getting at. As for implementing it, it might be worthwhile looking at how other well-kept Wikis go about it. E.g., consider these pages for the Pokemon character May: May (game) and May (anime) on Bulbapedia - both articles have unique article images (game art, and an anime screenshot respectively), info box colours and article names so that people know straight away what each article is likely to contain. Note that searching just 'May' in the search from brings up a page like this where you can follow a link to one of the two pages.
Voluntary Illusion.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 am

Some good suggestions there. I'll let a plan of attack percolate for a bit.

I went ahead and gave Shiki her own page, so somebody please make it not suck.

Also, with regard to Eva-06: I know "Evangelion Unit-06" was used in the preview from 1.XX, but they seem to have switched to "Mark.06" starting with the initial 2.0 publicity poster. I suppose it would be worth doing a full investigation of the movie and post-2.0-release official sources to see how we should treat the Eva's designation on the Wiki. That is, is "Mark.06" simply an alternate form for "Evangelion Unit-06 / Eva-06", or is it a full-out replacement?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 am

Replying late, I know- but Mark.06 seems to be a full-out replacement.

Meanwhile, I don't know to what extent the nerdery on the Warships Page should be extended. Would adding information on the dimensions and weapons of the ships, for instance, be going too far?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Replying late, I know- but Mark.06 seems to be a full-out replacement.

Meanwhile, I don't know to what extent the nerdery on the Warships Page should be extended. Would adding information on the dimensions and weapons of the ships, for instance, be going too far?

No. No it wouldn't. Class, number, name, designation, and country of origin would be nice as well.

Also, did that page on military vehicles get created yet?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 pm

If I were you, Cody, I'd have done the same thing long ago, only that I'm not sure how people without an interest in military technology would react to it.

No solid information on military vehicles == No page. Besides, I thought you were a contributor already?

Should anyone take up that page on military vehicles, it's best if they only go for real vehicles or fictional variants of them (such as those Leopard 2 and T-90 variants). Fictional vehicles could go elsewhere.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:If I were you, Cody, I'd have done the same thing long ago, only that I'm not sure how people without an interest in military technology would react to it.

No solid information on military vehicles == No page. Besides, I thought you were a contributor already?

Should anyone take up that page on military vehicles, it's best if they only go for real vehicles or fictional variants of them (such as those Leopard 2 and T-90 variants). Fictional vehicles could go elsewhere.

The page has been created. http://wiki.evageeks.org/Real_World_Vehicles However, don't have the time at the moment to fully complete it, so others will have work on it till I get some free time tomorrow night.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

With the explosion of new stuff from Q, any help anyone wants to provide would be most appreciated. Just assembling all of the leaked plot details into a not-shit synopsis is going to be a nightmare.

BTW, I think it's about time to switch the Wiki over from using "Rebuild of Evangelion" to "Evangelion Theatrical Edition" (which is Funimation's translation of Wevangeliwon Shingekijouban). Maybe not the FORUM, but the Wiki, at least.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:05 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:BTW, I think it's about time to switch the Wiki over from using "Rebuild of Evangelion" to "Evangelion Theatrical Edition" (which is Funimation's translation of Wevangeliwon Shingekijouban). Maybe not the FORUM, but the Wiki, at least.

Let's call EoE "Air, Magokoro wo kimi ni" while we're at it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Let's call EoE "Air, Magokoro wo kimi ni" while we're at it.

False analogy, since "The End of Evangelion" IS the movie's actual name.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:18 pm

New Century Evangelion, then? We should fit that in here somewhere.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:22 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:New Century Evangelion, then? We should fit that in here somewhere.

Why? The creators specifically used "Neon Genesis" in the show's eyecatch.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:False analogy, since "The End of Evangelion" IS the movie's actual name.

It's a mystery to me, Reichu. I mean look at this page for the DVD. The movie is called "Air / まごころを君に" in Japan. We need to reflect these undeniable facts in the wiki, otherwise people wont understand the true nature of this Nihongon franchise.
[url]http://tinyurl.com/cd772vr[/url]

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:It's a mystery to me, Reichu. I mean look at this page for the DVD. The movie is called "Air / まごころを君に" in Japan. We need to reflect these undeniable facts in the wiki, otherwise people wont understand the true nature of this Nihongon franchise.
[url]http://tinyurl.com/cd772vr[/url]

Put all your worries at ease! Got your concerns covered long ago:
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Episode_25%27
http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:25%27_title2_video.jpg
http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:25%27_title2_theatrical.jpg

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Put all your worries at ease! Got your concerns covered long ago:
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Episode_25%27
http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:25%27_title2_video.jpg
http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:25%27_title2_theatrical.jpg

Clearly a preliminary title, much like "Rebuild". It's more of a description than anything else. You can't let this misinfo continue.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:03 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Clearly a preliminary title, much like "Rebuild". It's more of a description than anything else. You can't let this misinfo continue.

Hey, I understand, this stuff can be very confusing, lots of words and stuff. What's official? It can be difficult to figure out, but I can give you a valuable hint. If it appears, in English, in the actual media in question, I'd put my money on that one.

But while I don't think the Rebuild pages need to have name changes, the argument that we need to change what is established in the media itself, word for word, is orders of magnitude more stupid.

Izanagi
Embryo

Can add to plot synapsis for 3.0 wiki page

•      
  •      

Postby Izanagi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 pm

I saw 3.0 twice while in Japan. I know Japanese if that makes people feel more comfortable. I also have access to movie script via https://github.com/eva3/Evangelion--3.0-Translation so I can follow the plot. I'm new so I understand if people are reluctant to let me edit.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 pm

I've been adding little bits and pieces to the 3.0 wiki as I gradually figured out what the movie was about in the first place. I plan to keep doing so, possibly putting some work into 2.0 as well.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

been looking through the wiki and I've been noticing this template being used. I am just curious as to its purpose, is it to alert the readers of rebuild related content or is it to be used for spoilers?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm using it at the moment to simply mark out rebuild content on general pages. Since I have the aesthetic sense of a blind angler fish, it may or may not be working as intended. If any other editors have opinions on this, please give them.

I was thinking of creating a similar template for manga and possibly NGE2 content. Again, opinions are needed. Is this even nessessary? Is it useful? It is worth the effort?
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”