LCL: Cool and refreshing

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

LCL: Cool and refreshing

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:45 am

http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/000661.html

I think this story is true. As some of you may know, Kabbalah has had a very wide range over the centuries, and when you hear that someone is into it, it could mean anything from an old rabbi in Crown Heights meditating over the esoteric meaning of the Torah, to a young girl in Van Nuys with a red string around her wrist. Hollywood, by the way, didn't invent expressing Kabbalah as lucky charms; that was going on back in Poland in the 17th century.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:03 pm

Kabbalah Energy Drink ... is ... people!!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:13 pm

Reichu wrote:Kabbalah Energy Drink ... is ... people!!

It is worth noting Misato's can of "BOA" was a tribute to the sinister soft drink of the same name in the 1969 anime FLYING GHOST SHIP, which dissolved you (into LCL)?

--C.

Oblivious
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oblivious » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:42 pm

The stuff on the interweb I find about the kabbalah really fails to explain what it really is about. It's mainly incomprehensible jargon. Or I just fail at the interweb.

I really didn't understand what all of this was about until I found this book called "The power of Kabbalah" which takes everything and simplifies it for those us who do not have godly powers of discernment.

On the cover, Madonna is quoted as saying "No hocus-pocus here. Nothing to do with religious dogma, the ideas in this book are earth-shattering and yet so simple."

I'll go over the main points the book covers.

Q) What is the Kaballah?

A) Nothing less then the wisdom what would reveal secrets of the Universe and answer all your questions and problems. It is the source of all spiritual teachings and religions on the planet, predating Jesus, Muhammad, Moses, and even the creation of this world.

Q) Does the Kabbalah have a text?

A) The main text of the Kabbalah is called the Zohar. It's powerful spiritual teachings has influenced great thinkers throughout history.

Q) Why have I not heard of this before?

A) The proccess of bringing this wisdom to the common man began only 2000 years ago, with the books of the Zohar. During the centuries that followed, many brave Kabbalists were percecuted and maligned by the religious establishments (Prudently not mentioned.) for their efforts to make the teachings of the Kabbalah available to the masses. Blood was spilled, lives were lost.

Q) Is it just me, or does this sound like a bad sales pitch?

A) The first law of the Kabbalah is this: "Do not believe a word. That is not the intent."
The first Law of the Kabbalah stipulates that anything you accept must be first validated by your own personal experience. There has to be tangible results, because only then will you feel the truth of the Kabbalah in your body and soul.

Q) Let's get down to business then. Who are we? What is our essense?

A) Desire.

Q) Huh?

A) Desire is what we we made of. It is what drives us. Every single action we make is based upon Desire. Our hearts pump, our lungs breath, because there is desire within us to be fulfilled. If it were not for some inner desire, we would not twitch a finger.

Q) What causes differences between humans? Other than A.T fields.

A) o.O;; A.T Fields?

To answer that, we must first understand the three levels of desire.

Level one is concerned with primal, sensual urges. Food, sex, sleep etc.

Level two governs desires not found within the animal kingdom. Desires such as desire of power, fame, honour, having the best Eva site on the web, are found on level two.

Level three desires are directed to fulfilling rational desires. The hunger for knowledge, the search for truth. These desires are intellectually driven.

Each one of us contains desires from these three levels in differing amounts. That is what causes difference, and diversity.

Q) Aren't you going on?

A) I am tired and have a migraine. God damn sugar. Going to continue this tomorrow if I don't forget. I'd just like to say DON'T TAKE SUGAR KIDS!
http://graveyardofroses.spaces.live.com
You can either choose to change yourself or change your surroundings. All decisions are variations of those two.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”