Mr Tines' fics

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Mr Tines' fics

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:45 am

The bank holiday weather being its usual self, while I was off-net over the weekend, I knocked together this little confection.

http://www.stevegilham.com/nge/backintheplugagane.html

It's really one for the cognoscenti (both of them) and the half dozen other people in the world in space who are familiar with both Eva and the 1950s school story satires of Geoffrey Willans and Ronald Searle.

What happens when n molesworth, the curse of st custards sees his first anime, and it's NGE? This culture-shock “what if?” is brought to you courtesy of the molesworth-peason daydreme fabbrikator (pat pending)
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:00 am

Is it suppose to be missing so many letters... ?
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:06 am

Dave wrote:Is it suppose to be missing so many letters... ?

Yes. As an orientation for the 90+% of people out there who have not yet had the good fortune to discover Nigel Molesworth, these are about the best pages I can find

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Molesworth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A245620

http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

EDIT - added wikipedia link
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:11 pm

The incredibly poor (yet intentional) spelling aside, it feels very Twain-ish. Hm... Twain + Eva... what a dream that would be! Not bad Mr. Tines, not bad at all.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:43 pm

On a less frivolous note, I've finally managed to find a logical stopping point for part 3 of Evangelion Layer, and run it through the first pre-read and proof stage. In The Day An Angel Flew Down, Child Zero makes a decision, Shinji declares his feelings for Asuka, the Children do a lot of synch tests, get rained on, eat ramen, oh, and there's an Angel to confront - Sahaqiel decides to drop in.

It's another standard Eva fic.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:06 pm

I finally got around to typing up the next chapter which I'd had in handwritten form since Worldcon a month ago. Now I just have to finish the big Complementation scene to wrap it up.

Next maybe the "What if EVA-03 and -4 were delivered OK?" scenario I sketech in an ANF thread on teh topic.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:11 pm

And I've fixed the typo that was serving up the yellow screen of death to people using proper browsers.

Iblis 19th Angel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Iblis 19th Angel » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 am

Dave wrote:The incredibly poor (yet intentional) spelling aside, it feels very Twain-ish. Hm... Twain + Eva... what a dream that would be! Not bad Mr. Tines, not bad at all.

Actually, Kaworu was based on the main character of a book by Mark Twain. Read The Mysterious Stranger. I guarantee you'll see it.
2:34 And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

Giant robots with angels trapped inside of them,
Teenaged pilots & an evil organization,
Doing battle with giant monsters from beyond,
Mankind's last hope lies in the Evangelions

Xenon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Xenon » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:32 am

That Molesworth thing was great Mr. Tines! :lol:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Behold -- digital extraction!!!

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:35 pm

After a long hiatus -- last year was pretty much a write-off for me -- I have finally figured out how to end the concluding chapter of the side story for my biggest Eva-fic. So, complete at last,

The Case of Suzuhara Misaki

Though unless you have been patiently waiting, probably best to start at the beginning.

----

Now that that is out of the way, maybe some more stuff to come over the summer.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Mr Tines' fics

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:56 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:The bank holiday weather being its usual self, while I was off-net over the weekend, I knocked together this little confection.

http://www.stevegilham.com/nge/backintheplugagane.html

It's really one for the cognoscenti (both of them) and the half dozen other people in the world in space who are familiar with both Eva and the 1950s school story satires of Geoffrey Willans and Ronald Searle.

What happens when n molesworth, the curse of st custards sees his first anime, and it's NGE? This culture-shock “what if?” is brought to you courtesy of the molesworth-peason daydreme fabbrikator (pat pending)

Mr.Tines practiced the horrid grammar and typing style needed for this by pre-reading for me. :)
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Return to “Fanfiction”