Asuka & Shinji - Become one with me?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

nikokapo [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nikokapo [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

i read somewhere that besides Rei and Shinji's scene during instrumentality in EoE (in Shinji's "mind trip") there was another scene where Asuka is standing atop Shinji

where is that :S i never saw it
i could do with just a pic Image thanks

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2008, 23:12 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

The scene happens right after the sandbox sequence during the Pre-3rd Impact weird Instrumentality thing, the first shot is a super pissed off (naked) Asuka screaming at Shinji about how pissed off she is, then a shot of Shinji underneath her saying that it's because she's just like him.

Groundwork scans:
Note how the first sketch has her clearly on top of him and the word "Sex".

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2008, 23:29 GMT

nikokapo [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

oh thank you SO much, seriously.

about the word "Sex" in the sketch, now that makes me wonder if that thread about "Morning Sickness" was right and they did have sex....
but assuming it is during a mind-trip (during 3I) then they didnt (imo)

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2008, 23:44 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

There was a thread in evageeks that discussed the possibility of this being a warped flashback, meaning that it's possible they did get it on at some point in the past.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2008, 00:04 GMT

SPARTAN117CJL [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SPARTAN117CJL [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

It's possible, and its certainly an interesting point but this scene seems to me just like the the one where Shinji strangles Asuka then segways right in to instrumentality (not the scene at the end.) Its another possibility of what would of came between the two. Where the strangling scene would represent a more clear and radical genuine care mistaken for selfish love (On both parts) ending in violence (Once again in both parts), the 'sex' scene represents a progressed (In that they liked each other enough to do it) but now is pretty shallow or has some clear issues.

Edit: Ornette can you link the thread ? sounds interesting.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2008, 00:08 GMT

nikokapo [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

SPARTAN117CJL wrote:It's possible, and its certainly an interesting point but this scene seems to me just like the the one where Shinji strangles Asuka then segways right in to instrumentality (not the scene at the end.) Its another possibility of what would of came between the two. Where the strangling scene would represent a more clear and radical genuine care mistaken for selfish love (On both parts) ending in violence (Once again in both parts), the 'sex' scene represents a progressed (In that they liked each other enough to do it) but now is pretty shallow or has some clear issues.

Edit: Ornette can you link the thread ? sounds interesting.
what do you call selfish love? u love somebody because he is useful to you?

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2008, 00:30 GMT

SPARTAN117CJL [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

nikokapo wrote:what do you call selfish love? u love somebody because he is useful to you?
Selfish love can mean a number of things I think. It could be actually loving yourself so much that you marry someone to enhance your own reputation or status, It can be a number of things but the basic idea is that you don't truly love the other person you are just using them to your own benefit and/or convincing yourself that you love them in order to comfort yourself. Thats basically what Asuka is accusing Shinji of, She thinks that Shinji is coming to her because he can't deal with Misato or Rei anymore. Thats why she got so angry at him.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2008, 00:46 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

@SPARTAN117CJL
Started as a joke here: http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3123

Then some later discussion about it here: http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3994

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2008, 01:01 GMT

SPARTAN117CJL [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

^ Thanks man.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2008, 01:14 GMT

Calasus [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Calasus [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Ornette wrote:The scene happens right after the sandbox sequence during the Pre-3rd Impact weird Instrumentality thing, the first shot is a super pissed off (naked) Asuka screaming at Shinji about how pissed off she is, then a shot of Shinji underneath her saying that it's because she's just like him.

Groundwork scans:
Note how the first sketch has her clearly on top of him and the word "Sex".
Do you have English translations of the text written along with 'sex'? I mean, it could be something like "Intended to make it look like they're having sex, but they just talk about good old times." Well, the last part sounds a bit silly, but you got the idea.

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2008, 07:03 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

I'm pretty sure the writing just describes what the scene is supposed to look like, specifically, the notable details, perhaps for the animators. I'm sure it's not saying that they were actually having sex. I don't know what the text says, but 上 = above.

EDIT: got someone to look at this, funny stuff:
LEFT of the #26 in larger characters: "excuse me for greeting you naked"
Underneath that along the very bottom: "hearing you say that sort of thing makes me wither".... (could be interpreted at weak in the knees?... or something more appropriate to English expressions
The line with the word 'sex': "I'm told this is an image of having sex using the horse position"

(LOL)

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2008, 20:52 GMT

Calasus [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Calasus [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

^^Thanks for the infoImage It's really interesting that Asuka was intended to act in a lot different way than she does in actual movie (considering the first line is said by Asuka, she talks like she is ashamed of being exposed to Shinji.) But I think those lines alone are still not enough to tell if they, well, got it on throughout the series. Gotta dig them some other time.

EDIT: Wondering if you guys consider those groundworks as canonical stuff. I just found some other pages but most of them don't really seem reliable to me..

(lol'd hard at the horse partImage)

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2008, 21:13 GMT

nikokapo [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

i wouldnt consider it canonical as the final result of the movie would be the actual canonical one, but you should see it as you wish and think what you want, thats eva's magic Image

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2008, 23:40 GMT

LinaLoN [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LinaLoN [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm

It's possible, and its certainly an interesting point but this scene seems to me just like the the one where Shinji strangles Asuka then segways right in to instrumentality (not the scene at the end.) Its another possibility of what would of came between the two. Where the strangling scene would represent a more clear and radical genuine care mistaken for selfish love (On both parts) ending in violence (Once again in both parts), the 'sex' scene represents a progressed (In that they liked each other enough to do it) but now is pretty shallow or has some clear issues.
I wonder if it's possible they actually had sex not too soon after Kaji was killed and when Rei was in the hospital? That would be the only window of opportunity. If they actually DID have sex then why was Shinji's mindtrip to Misato having sex with Kaji like a bad shock to him?

Originally posted on: 04-Mar-2008, 04:02 GMT

nikokapo [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nikokapo [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

LinaLoN wrote:I wonder if it's possible they actually had sex not too soon after Kaji was killed and when Rei was in the hospital? That would be the only window of opportunity. If they actually DID have sex then why was Shinji's mindtrip to Misato having sex with Kaji like a bad shock to him?
that was because he didnt know THAT side of Misato, as he said (or sth like this) "does Misato like to do 'these' things?"

Originally posted on: 04-Mar-2008, 05:39 GMT

Dektra [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dektra [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

nikokapo wrote:that was because he didnt know THAT side of Misato, as he said (or sth like this) "does Misato like to do 'these' things?"
Maybe Asuka is just a really bad root?

Originally posted on: 14-Mar-2008, 12:17 GMT

nikokapo [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nikokapo [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Dektra wrote:Maybe Asuka is just a really bad root?
why?
i've never thought of her as a bad root or an insensitive and annoying woman (in some cases she acts as a girl but thats pretty normal). she's ego driven, so what? but it's not like Asuka bothered Shinji or Misato. in fact, both of em liked her (Shinji really did and Misato just cared for her).

Originally posted on: 14-Mar-2008, 16:19 GMT

mitosblog [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mitosblog [ANF] » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

thanks for the info...

Originally posted on: 29-Mar-2008, 03:20 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”