Heh.

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Heh.

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:38 pm

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:28 pm

:oops:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:31 pm

I'm very confuzzled.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:48 pm

I wasn't aware anyone actually read that.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:55 pm

can some one explin that to me?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:11 pm

What the heck is that document and what has it to do with NGE?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:04 am

http://www.evamonkey.com/frameproject.htm

This is a story I was writing just prior to beginning work on Eva Monkey.

Frame Project
Comfort in Silence

Synopsis:

Near future, post 9/11 world. Bipedal weaponry is being subcontracted by the government to a man known as "Rifkin" (never gave him a first name) of Heavy Arms Industries. There case study involves Jonathan Eriks, a champion mech sim player. He is brought on board the classified "Frame Project" to test the intuitive nature of the mech's controls, as well as test the tactical potential of the bipedal systems. His arival results in friction with the lead test pilot Alexis Ryan.

The story was my attempt at create a counter conventional story similar to Evangelion. And while doing so, create an imitative work that was something more, being involving my own experiences and thoughts into the story, in the same way that Hideaki Anno did. Each of the characters has their own inner demons which are brought to the forefront of their being in their relationship with each other, both professionally and personnally. And these characters were a mirror of myself and my own experiences. Shame I never got past sketching out the basic structure. I wrote some of the key points in the story. They were so heart wrenching to write.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:08 am

It makes sence now, thank you.

I take it this sight turned into the creative outlet you needed at the time?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:33 am

Not per se...

But tell, I'm assuming you read some of the story. What did you think? I've been considering re-visiting the story, and reworking it, and actually putting some effort into writing it out.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:59 am

Its got potential, just remember your wrtieing an original work and not follow TO close to eva.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:21 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote::oops:
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:23 am

It sounds like a hybrid of Mechwarrior, Heavy Gear, Phantom Crash and Eva on steroids... DD is right, it has potential, if you ever decide to finish it, don't make the mechs/gears/frameworks/suits - whatever - to big o to strong... Besides, mechwarrior has been done. And what are you ashamed of? Has anyone else done anything like his? - My sister writes a fcuk load of Harry Potter fanfiction, now thats something to be ashamed of... :oops:
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:33 am

I'm working on writeing some fic my self. Fan FIc gives you a good place to practice the basics because the bar is so low.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:51 pm

I'm sorry, but 9/11 or no, I can't see a reason to explore another giant robot story.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:31 pm

You dont have to see the logic, its something AM wanted to do prior to this. If man doesn't strive to innovate and better himself, what good is another post from any person on this forum if you wanted an example.

Actually, if we use your reasoning, I can just imagine the internet dying right now. Everybody would sent 1 e-mail, buy 1 product, download 1 pic of a hentai site and then be done with it, cuz they didn't see the point in doing it again... Like barney stle cartoons. My GOd, they keep multiplaying like rabbits. Take the teletubbies for example. WTF were those dumbasses thinking. But lets not deny the fun WE get out of playing games writen by people who think like me, that lets you kill the teletubies just for fun.

Come on people, I wanna read this story! AM! AM! AM! AM!.........
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:06 pm

The story was my attempt at create a counter conventional story similar to Evangelion. And while doing so, create an imitative work that was something more, being involving my own experiences and thoughts into the story, in the same way that Hideaki Anno did. Each of the characters has their own inner demons which are brought to the forefront of their being in their relationship with each other, both professionally and personnally. And these characters were a mirror of myself and my own experiences. Shame I never got past sketching out the basic structure. I wrote some of the key points in the story. They were so heart wrenching to write.

I'm also writing a story mirrored of myself and my own experiences. Mine doesnt have giant robots though, I'm thinking of trying to turn it into a 3d manga at some point because I'm not terribly great at drawing but decntly good at 3d modeling. Anyway I think you should continue your story too because it could be good.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:51 pm

Writing is a good outlet, and I encourage every one here to give it a shot. Fan-fics are a good start, because their pleny of people around to help you with the basics.

See you all on ffn

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:45 pm

The thing about Frame Project is that it does take stuff like Eva, Armored Core, Zone of the Enders, and a few other mecha series and creates a believable synthesis. Some sort of believable technology at the boundary of our current technology. However, the story is not about mechs. Its about the people who pilot them. Eva is similar. However, I wanted Frame Project a bit further, proving undeniably that it is about the characters. One of the things that annoys me is the way people get caught up in understanding the backdrop of Eva, and don't take the time to understand the characters. While some mecha battles may appear from time to time, they are very minimalist, and occur only at specific points to convey the plot.

I really would like to work on the story again, I just don't have the time.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:08 pm

A long time ago I tried to make a concept for a story, something to write. So I tried to do a melange of stuff I liked, outside previously done stories.

So I took the project I had of a talking Rei which could learn language, a visual basic done program, simcity and my love for political sciences and got something like:

A geek like me does a program in his computer to administer a small city, as a project to finish his master in public administration. Later on and more connected he gets to try it on a small town in the middle of the rebellious Patagonia. The decision making by this computer intelligence works great and from a small town in the middle of nowhere he gets in some decades a metropolis.

The people, so tired of the inefficiency of our leaders starts to press and a non-vinculant referendum is passed to use the AI to assist the administration. Some 5 or 10 years later the AI is working for the govt. Everything goes so fine, that the program is exported to latin american unstable countries. Success. But, we latams, art nothing but monkeys and at some point some of these govts start trusting too much the AI, all the decision making is done by it. And before you know it you get technocracies. More or less like Tokyo-3 worked under the Magis. Human rights, individual rights, progress, everything the AI takes care off.

Hundreds of years later the world government is AI governed.

But at some point, the AI learns and processes so much, all in search for the happiness of mankind, that it discovers that the only way to attain the maximum ammount of it is by erasing humans from the face of the planet.

I had a more phylosophical explanation for that decision, but kinda forgot right now.

I'd love to write it once I know a little more about political sciences, and once I get my hands on my late grandpa's Yugoslavian typewriter.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:16 pm

You dont have to see the logic, its something AM wanted to do prior to this. If man doesn't strive to innovate and better himself, what good is another post from any person on this forum if you wanted an example.

What I mean is that innovation or no, that format is reduntant given this particular community and extended community.

BTW, no one is telling you to be redundant.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Fan Works”