Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Berserk

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 am

Wow, Berserk 351 ....
SPOILER: Show
This chapter was pointless!!! Seriously! Chapter 350 and 351 end at the exact same spot. I mean am I missing something? They were at the base of the mountain at Chapter 350 and in 351 they fight a few random penis monsters and are still at the base of the mountain? This hiatus is brutal! If it's the last chapter before a hiatus shouldn't he give us something special to talk about until it comes back? It's like he was contracted to make new chapters during the anime run and just didn't have the energy for one more or something. Here's hoping the hiatus gives him time to plan out story progression.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 am

^
After all the IRL years it took them to get off the damn boat, 2 chapters to climb a mountain was pretty merciful. And they're now at the peak of the mountain, much higher than they were before- they're now at the foot of the thorn-covered peak (the translation seems to be a bit jumbled here, but they're definitely right in front of their goal- they started in the forest with no clear view of the final fragment, but they're now in walking distance of it). I will also say that this chapter was at least a bit more effective at adding an element of threat to Casca's inner world- the empty plain and the weird bat demons were ominous but not particularly threatening; the penis monsters and thorns are a bit more intimidating.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:33 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*inhales*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

YES YES YES YES YES
T. W. E. N. T. Y. O. N. E. Y. E. A. R. S!!!  SPOILER: Show
Okay, for me it was actually only 19 years or so... But... Yes, this is EXACTLY what you probably guess it is:
https://m.imgur.com/r/berserklejerk/1zkSxac
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Miura is just trolling you all right now.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:44 am

So, chapter 355 happened.
I, for one, honestly and without sarcasm, welcome even 10 volumes of therapy sessions and heart-to-heart (also painful) discussions between Guts and Casca, even if rest of the internet shouts it's "pointless" and "just get on with it already".

You can take a look at my avatar. :wink:
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Rewatched Berserk The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King in it's English dub and I am curious why Rachael Lillis (voice of Princess Charlotte) didn't reprise the role in the following two movies? Was it because of the Griffith/Charlotte sex scene?
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm betting the next 2 chapters will just be about:
Casca blaming everything that's happened on Guts. It'll be the most action packed Berserk chapters this year.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am

I've just now caught up with the latest of Berserk, and Miura is making us suffer with giving us Griffith right after those massive chapters before. Eh, it has been a long time since Griffith's had much to do, although counting up the gaps in chapters, that could be said for anyone.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:32 am

I finally saw the third Berserk Golden Age film and let's just say the first 20 minutes offer the glimmer of hope while from then onwards is an express elevator down to the deepest pits of Japanese hell! I feel so sorry for Casca being literally driven into insanity while Guts loses an arm and an eye. And people keep on saying that Griffith did nothing wrong?! Also, if Griffith is still the type of man Princess Charlotte falls for even after him becoming a monster, I don't want to know what qualifies as poor taste in her book...
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm

I really enjoyed the new trilogy of CG berserk movies. They were pretty well done even though most everyone is as tired of the story as they are about watching uncle ben get killed or batman's parents getting shot.

I am so tired of reading about how supposedly awesome griffith is. He's a godhand, literally nothing on earth can beat him, we get it. Watching Griffith is like watching a guy play a game with hacks and walkthroughs while declaring that he's the best at the game.

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:21 am

View Original PostTokpile Quohog wrote:I really enjoyed the new trilogy of CG berserk movies. They were pretty well done even though most everyone is as tired of the story as they are about watching uncle ben get killed or batman's parents getting shot.

I am so tired of reading about how supposedly awesome griffith is. He's a godhand, literally nothing on earth can beat him, we get it. Watching Griffith is like watching a guy play a game with hacks and walkthroughs while declaring that he's the best at the game.

Just you wait man. Twenty five years from now he'll get exposed for what he is

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:56 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I finally saw the third Berserk Golden Age film and let's just say the first 20 minutes offer the glimmer of hope while from then onwards is an express elevator down to the deepest pits of Japanese hell! I feel so sorry for Casca being literally driven into insanity while Guts loses an arm and an eye. And people keep on saying that Griffith did nothing wrong?! Also, if Griffith is still the type of man Princess Charlotte falls for even after him becoming a monster, I don't want to know what qualifies as poor taste in her book...

The problem with Griffith is I think its how he looks and that's all these people see they see the good looking hot bishie that your normally meant to swoon over but that's the whole point of Griffith's character he's a huge subvert of that trope, he is meant to look like the loyal good nice boy in the beginning but once you see under the hood you realize he is in fact a shitty vein asshole who only cares about what he wants regardless of others and who hits off when its denied him and behaves out right disgusting in the end and deserves zero empathy because if he were that true hero he pretends to be after he got out of jail he would have bettered himself once healed but he does the complete opposite.

His down fall is also something Zodd hints at but we don't realize at first as the reader and viewer because we are clearly geared in to thinking handsome nice guy can't possibly be bad or evil he even wears white like a holy knight.The irony is Guts is also a subvert because though he is the big beefy guy who can be a very dislikable Conan the barbarian type asshole at times but he still has more integrity than Griffith and he understands people on some level and understands there pain and has moments of real genuine kindness.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Holy shit, new Guts figma coming out next year. Looks amazing.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-042466

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 am

I want it so bad ^^^

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:24 am

Episode 359 is out (or leaks at least, actual digital version gets officially out in 8 hours or so)

Small-time Berserk 359  SPOILER: Show
Sigh... :sniffle: Yeah, I get it should be hard but ... this hard?

Big-time Berserk 359  SPOILER: Show
Casca is sane, seems to get along with everyone, and I mean the whole group, fine, and does not consciously seem to hate Guts, or the memory of him she has... But immediately when she actually goes to talk with him specifically she gets debilitating PTSD and when she looks at him she only sees an cloud of monsters.

As a sidenote, Skull Knight makes an appearance at the end.

I'm really afraid we won't have time for lengthy healing process in Elfhelm before Griffith comes to burn the town, or trying.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Sat May 22, 2021 10:58 am

Well... shit.

At least
we got Casca back.

And while 363 is a gigantic cliffhanger in it's own right, it isn't really the worst possible one to end it, even if I really really really wanted to see more of Miura's work.

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Sun May 23, 2021 8:56 am

Could he have left any notes behind, or anything like that?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun May 23, 2021 1:17 pm

From all I've read of it, there's a good chance he did; a few interviews with his assistants are to the tune of "he talked a lot about his ideas and treated the people who worked under him with great respect".
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 pm

I am currently trying to get through the 1997 original TV series and I find it somehow a more grueling task than what the Golden Age Arc movie trilogy was. Somehow the show with the graphic violence, particularly in the Nosferatu Zodd episode, viscerally strikes an uncomfortable nerve I can't quite describe. :???:

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:45 am

I read the manga when I was 17 and only got back into it when I heard Miura had passed. Now it made me reappreciate the level of detail he put in his work, and the violent and existential themes he wrestled through Guts. Shocking content yet unflinchingly honest. Turns out yesterday was his actual death date before it got official announced weeks later :(
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

Return to “Anime and Manga”