Halos

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Tom Servo [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tom Servo [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Something I just noticed -

When Sachiel does hir ATF thingy to levitate a halo appears over it's head -
Adam thingys have halos over their heads in the 2.0 trailer -
Ramiel had the torus reactor, in the original series at least -
A torus of course is a doughnut/halo shape,

so just like I said years ago here and on evamonkey,

there's a connection between the S2 unit, the torus shape, and the human electrical field - which is what the metabiology labs were investigating in the show I imagine.

Then there's that octahedron, with the cube and tetrahedron nested within it in the most recent trailer, spinning around, in the right order and at the correct size too, just as described in the "divine geometry" and "montauk project" books.......

Originally posted on: 25-Sep-2007, 18:17 GMT

Delta-Pheonix [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Delta-Pheonix [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Good find, I wonder how long it will be before people run out of things to notice like this in Evangelion?

Originally posted on: 25-Sep-2007, 18:59 GMT

Trefellin [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Trefellin [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

When that happens, the end of the world will be near. Someone open up the book of revelations and check. I'm sure its in there. Just use creative interpretation.

Originally posted on: 25-Sep-2007, 19:20 GMT

UrsusArctos [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Nice spotting, Tom. Apart from wings, what is the signature visual feature of an Angel? A Halo.

Ramiel 'sings' quite a lot, and howls too. Music of the spheres, aaah...

Were they talking about the human electrical field in the show? Where did you hear that?

Originally posted on: 26-Sep-2007, 16:38 GMT

Tom Servo [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tom Servo [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Ramiel 'sings' quite a lot, and howls too. Music of the spheres, aaah...

Were they talking about the human electrical field in the show? Where did you hear that?
If you dip a hollow sphere filled with ink in water and expose it to different sound frequencies then different geometric solids are formed within it by the pressure waves (is that the correct term?) trying to equalise neatly across the surface of the sphere. Bucky Fuller did a whole load of experiments with that - a octahedron would be formed by a much lower frequency than what Ramiel sings.

The human magnetic/electric field is my own addition. Tho' morphogenetic fields are mentioned in the sub in one of the early episodes.

Time for more pseudoscience…

I admit to not understanding how it all works, but the aurora forms as a giant halo around the magnetic poles of the earth -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(astronomy)#The_origin_of_the_aur ora wrote:The ultimate energy source of the aurora is the solar wind flowing past the Earth.

Both the magnetosphere and the solar wind consist of plasma (ionized gas), which can conduct electricity. It is well known (since Michael Faraday's work around 1830) that if two electric conductors are immersed in a magnetic field and one moves relative to the other, while a closed electric circuit exists which threads both conductors, then an electric current will arise in that circuit. Electric generators or dynamos make use of this process ("the dynamo effect"), but the conductors can also be plasmas or other fluids.

In particular the solar wind and the magnetosphere are two electrically conducting fluids with such relative motion and should be able (in principle) to generate electric currents by "dynamo action",
Are we seeing the above rotational dynamo movement in this picture where Ramiel is charging his positron weapon?

Is this how the S^2 organ works? - the halo being produced as a result like the earth's (somehow)?

There have been anti-gravity experiments using very high electric currents, some folks reckon this is how "UFOs" are propelled - and it may be how the Angels can levitate too.

Might need to refresh your browser to watch this animation -

- which shows a geometric counter-rotational field around a human, which is supposed to have all the magical properties described above.

Originally posted on: 26-Sep-2007, 18:28 GMT

Dektra [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dektra [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Tom Servo wrote:I admit to not understanding how it all works, but the aurora forms as a giant halo around the magnetic poles of the earth -

In laymans terms: The sun spits out a lot of electrons(e-) and positrons(e+). The earth is surrounded by a magnetic feild, which is emitted by the north or south pole (cant remember which one atm) and enters back in through the opposite end. when the electrons(e-) and positrons (e+) hit the Magnetic field they are shunted to one of the ends. when te reach the atmosphere at each end they make it light up like a neon light.

Originally posted on: 29-Sep-2007, 14:26 GMT

Vir [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vir [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Dektra wrote:The earth is surrounded by a magnetic feild, which is emitted by the north or south pole (cant remember which one atm)
It's just a matter of defining which way is positive and which way is negative. It is generated by the earth, but the thing is that around the poles, this field becomes almost vertical in relation to the earth, so the particles can follow the field down to the atmospheree.

The magnetic south pole of a compass points towards the magnetic north pole of the earth, that's why it's labeled "North" but is really the south pole. (Can get confusing this stuff.)

I saw very clear aurora yesterday night while driving home.

More info:

Space Weather now
Troms? Geophysical Observatory

And one more thing: This bit with drawing the halo as a ring hovering above the saint's or angel's head, is a bit of a bastardization of what it's really meant to represent. If you look at some Orthodox and other iconography, you see that the halo is drawn around the head, to signify both holyness, and that the person "shines" - so to speak. So personally, I think representations of human-like angels as glowing and casting light to be closer to the original intent.

Originally posted on: 30-Sep-2007, 08:01 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Another possible halo reference.

Though I could just be over-interpreting.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2007, 05:43 GMT

Tom Servo [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tom Servo [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Is that you Durandal.

Vir wrote:And one more thing: This bit with drawing the halo as a ring hovering above the saint's or angel's head, is a bit of a bastardization of what it's really meant to represent. If you look at some Orthodox and other iconography, you see that the halo is drawn around the head, to signify both holyness, and that the person "shines" - so to speak. So personally, I think representations of human-like angels as glowing and casting light to be closer to the original intent.
Adam and Lilith glow like fallen stars and have halos simultaneously from what we have seen in the trailers. I don't think the halo in the new NGE rebuild project films is symbolic, just like how Lilith's and Adam's glowing is a result of their super solenoid engines in the original series. Which means the halos are also likely a result of the super solenoid or the torus reactor in Ramiel's case as well.

Dektra wrote:In laymans terms: The sun spits out a lot of electrons(e-) and positrons(e+). The earth is surrounded by a magnetic feild,
The Angels being surrounded by the magnetic field the super solenoid engine creates.

Dektra wrote:which is emitted by the north or south pole (cant remember which one atm) and enters back in through the opposite end.
Well, magnetic fields are just a product of flowing electric current aren't they? The magnetic field would originate from electric current in the earth itself and not from the north or south poles surely.

How the earth produces it's electromagnetic field is a mystery to scientists, but one of the theories is that there are huge arcs of electric current within the earth.
Dektra wrote:when the electrons(e-) and positrons (e+) hit the Magnetic field they are shunted to one of the ends. when te reach the atmosphere at each end they make it light up like a neon light.
For the Angels to produce a halo above their heads what does that mean?

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2007, 14:37 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

A halo forms above the head of Eva-00 / Mini-GNR right before she blows up (#23), too.

I am quite interested in a model for how the S2 engine/organ might work. I don't know anything offhand about what halos/toruses, and (double) helices have to do with limitless energy, but apparently the Dirac sea has some connection, as well. "Evangelion Chronicle" also refers to the S2 Engine as a "perpetual motion machine" (eikyuu kikan), but I only have the most vestigial understanding of what that actually means.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2007, 18:27 GMT

Tom Servo [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tom Servo [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Reichu wrote:A halo forms above the head of Eva-00 / Mini-GNR right before she blows up (#23), too.
Nice one, I completely forgot about that.

Reichu wrote:I am quite interested in a model for how the S2 engine/organ might work. I don't know anything offhand about what halos/toruses, and (double) helices have to do with limitless energy,
While there is a lot of new age rubbish in his work, Winter's research does talk about dna/the double helix folding in on itself to create a torus (just like armisael), which all has something to do with free energy (implosion of charge) - http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...l/6d5cfd88.png

While I still don't get where he is coming from a lot of the time - the point is that he must have his sources where he has pulled his theory together from.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2007, 22:35 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Interesting... I don't really know what to make of it, but interesting.

You've posted some nifty stuff on the Dirac Sea before (which I probably have saved to my HD somewhere or other), but do you have any thoughts on its link to the Super Solenoid specifically? (This comes up in the show in episodes 16 and 17.)

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 00:11 GMT

JFaulkner [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JFaulkner [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Reichu wrote:Interesting... I don't really know what to make of it, but interesting.

You've posted some nifty stuff on the Dirac Sea before (which I probably have saved to my HD somewhere or other), but do you have any thoughts on its link to the Super Solenoid specifically? (This comes up in the show in episodes 16 and 17.)
Why don't you just un-ban him from your forums if you're so interested?

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 00:12 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

I've suggested that Zuggy be allowed to return, but at least one of my peers is not forthcoming to agree. Consider the movement "in the works".

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 00:57 GMT

JFaulkner [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JFaulkner [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Evangelion fan-community politics: I'll never understand it.

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 02:03 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

I think I understand them more than I understand more mundane varieties of politics, but that's neither here nor here.

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 02:13 GMT

Dektra [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dektra [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Tom Servo wrote:Well, magnetic fields are just a product of flowing electric current aren't they? The magnetic field would originate from electric current in the earth itself and not from the north or south poles surely.
Magnetic fields also originate from permanant magnets, these are usualy ferrous in nature (iron)

Tom Servo wrote:How the earth produces it's electromagnetic field is a mystery to scientists, but one of the theories is that there are huge arcs of electric current within the earth.
The earth is believed to have a solid Iron core. If this were to be a permanant magnet. It would account for the MF around the earth.

Tom Servo wrote:For the Angels to produce a halo above their heads what does that mean?
The S2 engines may contain either the electrical arcs which you previously mentioned, or have a permanant magnet within. so they would be producing a magnetic field around the Angel causing any electrons or positrons near the angel to be "shunted" to the ends.

As for EVA-00's Halo, I cannot be sure. Seeing as it was never mentioned as having an S2 engine.
Maybe that was due to the self sacrificial nature for which Rei self destructed.

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 03:49 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Dektra wrote:As for EVA-00's Halo, I cannot be sure. Seeing as it was never mentioned as having an S2 engine.
Feasibly it has something to do with Eva-00's absorption of Armisael. (Which I still don't understand for the life of me...)

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 04:07 GMT

Dektra [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dektra [ANF] » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Reichu wrote:Feasibly it has something to do with Eva-00's absorption of Armisael. (Which I still don't understand for the life of me...)
Rei did it because she loves Gendo like a father. And she saw parts of Gendo in Shinji. And she didn't want any harm to come of him. So she inverted her AT field to keep the angel from escaping the blast.

Or something like that.

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 11:48 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

I mean the TECHNICAL aspects of the absorption, not the "motivational" aspects. The whole Eva-00/Armisael thing is really ****ing weird.

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2007, 13:17 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”