Ritsuko & Seele in Episode 23

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Hazukari
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 27
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: DEFENITELY NOT Tokyo 3

Ritsuko & Seele in Episode 23

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hazukari » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Just out of currosity but why was it when Ritsuko was presented beofre the SEELE Council in ep 23, is there a praticular reason she was naked? My theory has always been it was to make her loose more of her dignity, but thats just me^^

also this is a really really really dumb question, but ill ask it anyway, but in ep 24 when Shinji is fighting Unit 02 is there a reason as to how he is flying, i always thought it was Kaworu's AT Field or even Rei's but i think im wrong here
"We are like petals that fall from a blossom tree, we are destined to fall to the ground, yet the wind carries us like fate"

V
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 14, 2007
Location: @the end of the universe

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby V » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:32 pm

there are a couple of other threads discussing this

I appologize for not having links off hand

but there were some good points raised in those
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Shin-seiki
Committeeman
Committeeman
User avatar
Posts: 852
Joined: Aug 25, 2004

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shin-seiki » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3759

^ this
Be advised tho, it's a longish thread, and some of the comments stray a bit off-topic.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22829
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Long story short: Ritsuko was naked in episode 23 because Seele's goons raped her. However, you should read that thread, it explains the how and the why.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23498
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: question about ritsuko in episode 23

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Hazukari wrote:also this is a really really really dumb question, but ill ask it anyway, but in ep 24 when Shinji is fighting Unit 02 is there a reason as to how he is flying

Eva-01 is falling, with style.

Count A'ight
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 212
Joined: Nov 15, 2008

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Count A'ight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:14 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Long story short: Ritsuko was naked in episode 23 because Seele's goons raped her.


That was never firmly established.
If I'm pissing you off, just remember: it was Magami No ER who told me about this place, so blame him/her.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 am

But it's most likely.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby slothen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 am

Shin-seiki wrote:http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3759

^ this
Be advised tho, it's a longish thread, and some of the comments stray a bit off-topic.


Was you seeing this thread 12 minutes after it was created just coincidence? or are you a champion lurker?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Count A'ight
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 212
Joined: Nov 15, 2008

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Count A'ight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 am

Legendary wrote:But it's most likely.


That's highly contestable.
If I'm pissing you off, just remember: it was Magami No ER who told me about this place, so blame him/her.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby slothen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:07 am

Beats the other explanation, "we stripped you for teh lulz," especially on the count of why she takes it so hard.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Shin-seiki
Committeeman
Committeeman
User avatar
Posts: 852
Joined: Aug 25, 2004

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shin-seiki » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:13 am

Count A'ight wrote:
Legendary wrote:But it's most likely.


That's highly contestable.
Did you read the part where it turns out that the word in Japanese that is being translated as "disgrace" also means "rape"?

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23498
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:31 am

Count A'ight wrote:That's highly contestable.

Then actually explain why you think so.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 10082
Joined: Aug 29, 2006
Location: Hollywoo
Gender: Male

Re: question about ritsuko in episode 23

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:25 am

Hazukari wrote:also this is a really really really dumb question, but ill ask it anyway, but in ep 24 when Shinji is fighting Unit 02 is there a reason as to how he is flying, i always thought it was Kaworu's AT Field or even Rei's but i think im wrong here

Yeah, they were all falling, but it makes one think of how deep down Terminal Dogma is from Central Dogma. They were falling for a few good minutes, and if acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s^2, then daaaaamn. But this is animu, so normal physics don't apply.
- Sachi

I host an unofficial EGF discord server. The usual suspects are here. https://discord.gg/Djzkh8Q

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 116
Joined: Jul 06, 2009
Location: buttholes

Ritsuko's Placement Upon Seele

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 pm

[Identical thread merged in]

Near the end of the series Ritsuko is sent to the Seele committee to speak with them, nude, in place of Rei. After hearing from Seele that Ikari is the one who sent her there, she is crushed, and this helps to provoke her decision in destroying the Dummy system.

Simple question: Why? Really don't understand why she was sent there or why she would be offended by being sent there. Can someone clear that up for me please? TANK YAH
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God
Age: 26
Posts: 6339
Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Location: League City, TX
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:03 pm

She probably felt betrayed.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Posts: 565
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

Re: Ritsuko's Placement Upon Seele

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby scarmullet » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:08 pm

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:Near the end of the series Ritsuko is sent to the Seele committee to speak with them, nude, in place of Rei. After hearing from Seele that Ikari is the one who sent her there, she is crushed, and this helps to provoke her decision in destroying the Dummy system.

Simple question: Why? Really don't understand why she was sent there or why she would be offended by being sent there. Can someone clear that up for me please? TANK YAH


I think she was sent there naked to distract the old men and make them forget that Gendo used the Lance of Longenous.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 116
Joined: Jul 06, 2009
Location: buttholes

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Felt betrayed how.... That is never explained. Why didn't she feel honored that he sent her there instead of Rei? Feel more important? There's more to it than just randomly feeling betrayed about something that doesn't even involve betrayal.

And yeah.... I don't think they forgot that he used the lance because of that....
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel
Posts: 341
Joined: Jul 21, 2008

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Zaque » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Everything is subject to change.

thewayneiac
Committeeman
Committeeman
User avatar
Posts: 1585
Joined: Aug 26, 2004
Location: How Kaworu got to the Moon

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby thewayneiac » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Get your answers here (warning, really long thread and it takes a while to get to the answer).

[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=3759&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 244
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Long story short: Ritsuko was naked in episode 23 because Seele's goons raped her. However, you should read that thread, it explains the how and the why.

Kubrick Monolith porno gogogo.


Return to “Evangelion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests