[RP]Rebuild: The Evageeks take on Neon Genesis Evangelion

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

[RP]Rebuild: The Evageeks take on Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:52 pm

The Rules:

Rule 1: It's okay to mention other characters (including background characters) in your post just please, NO "God-modding". Also, try to be as in-character as much possible: Being somewhat Out of Character depending on the character's situation is alright for a few posts, but please don't make every single post like this.

Rule 2: Two regular human characters to a player, including one Angel if you choose, MAXIMUM. NOTE: Any characters that have expired/are not being used are to be considered as plot device or background characters. It's okay to mention their actions (provided the plot and setting are given attention) so the story can move forward.

Provisional Characters: One per player, first come first serve. This lasts until a new player requests the provisional character of their choice. If your provisional character isn't requested, then you're free to continue writing for them in addition to your own characters.

Background Characters: No character per player limit; first come first serve. If you wish to share a background character with another player, just let me know. Specific background characters are only allowed for their "episode", then they are to be discontinued.

Rule 3: Please post once-every-two-weeks as the bare minimum to keep the story and the thread going.

Rule 4: Use place-holder posts sparingly.

Rule 5: Please direct all OOC questions/comments and requests for roles/characters to the thread HERE. However, if you have a question/comment that MUST be addressed in the RP thread, use this (OOC: ) in your reply. Also, please try to have your (OOC: words) comment be in the same post as your Roleplaying one so the story's flow isn't disrupted.

The Plot: Summoned by his father, Shinji Ikari arrives in New Tokyo-3 to pilot the Evangelion, Earth's last defense against the Angels who caused 2nd Impact 15 years earlier. Yet, Shinji is not alone in his battles. Joining him are the First and Second Children, Rei Ayanami and Asuka Langley Soryu. There is also backup pilot Kaworu Nagisa....

The Characters/Player list:

Lilin

Aoba
Anita Griffith [Anti Goth]
Asuka [Eric Blair]
Daisuke Yamada [Eternally Lost Zeppo]
Fuyutsuki [Goatman]
Gendo [Legendary]
Hikari [SSD]

Hyuga
Kaji [Eric Blair]
Kaede Agano [Lucretius] and [Eric Blair]
Kensuke (originally Slothen's character) [Agentomega]
Kaito Yamada (original character) [Eternally Lost Zeppo]
Katsuko Kotonoha (original character) [Sachi]

Kiel Lorenz [Lucretius]
Kyoko [Eric Blair]
Langley [Eric Blair]

Maya [LoganPayne] Abandoned on 10/15/09
Malcolm Spier (original character) [Chee]
Michiko Nakada (original character) [Sachi]

Naoko (for Mindfuck sequences or flashbacks) [Majlund]
Pen Pen the hot springs penguin [Lucretius]
Misato [Sailor Star Dust]
Raidon Watanabe (original character) [Goatman]

Rei/Lilith [SSD, provisional]
Ritsuko [Majlund]
SEELE Committee members or NERV employees
Shinji [Legendary]
Satsuki Ooi [Eric Blair]
Toji [Slothen] [Legendary, provisional]
Tokita Shiro [Eric Blair]
Yui [Legendary]
Other Possibilities

Angels/other: You can be ONE Angel at a time and only during the time they attack, with the exception of Kaworu. Once you've played as an Angel, you have the option of playing as another one from the list. When playing the Angels, please try to make them appear as animalistic instead of rational thinkers.

3rd: Sachiel
4th: Shamshel [SSD]
5th: Ramiel [Legendary]
Jet Alone [Chee]
6th: Gaghiel [Eric Blair]
7th: Israfel [Lucretius]

8th: Sandalphon [Legendary]
9th: Matarael
10th: Sahaquiel
11th: Shateiel [SSD]
12th: Iruel [Eternally Lost Zeppo]
13th: Leliel [Legendary]

14th: Barachiel (Diemay Angel)
15th: Zeruel [SSD]
16th: Bardiel [Goatman]
17th: Raziel
18th: Turel
19th: Arael [Eric Blair]
20th: Armisael
21st: Kaworu/Tabris/Adam [Lucretius]

+ blue = (one of) someone's primary character(s); "active".
+ indigo = Background characters, allowed only for the time that they're in the "episode" or specific circumstances.
+ green = "expired" or abandoned character with a provisional player; date of expiration listed for reference purposes; both "official" player and provisional player listed.
+ dark red = expired or abandoned character with no activity; (former) "official" player listed; date of expiration or abandonment listed for reference.

NEW HIGH-TECH THEORETICAL CALENDAR OF SUGARY GOODNESS

February 13: A Friday. Makoto's twenty-third birthday. (BSed like with Shigeru. Whoever plays him should decide.)
February 18: A Wednesday. Hikari's thirteenth birthday.

April 04: A Saturday. Fuyutsuki's fifty-ninth birthday.
April 27: A Monday. Kaito's fourteenth birthday.
April 29: A Wednesday. Gendo's forty-eighth birthday.

May 02: A Saturday. Malcolm's twenty-sixth birthday.
May 05: A Tuesday. Shigeru's birthday. (BSed, so he's 25. Again, whoever plays him should decide.)

June 06: A Saturday. Shinji's fourteenth birthday.
June 17: A Wednesday. Kaji's thirtieth birthday.

July 11: A Saturday. Maya's twenty-fourth birthday.
July 13: A Monday. Rei's first activation test fails.
July 14: A Tuesday. This is the day everyone moves in.
July 16: A Thursday. Sachiel attacks.
July 17: A Friday. Shinji moves in.
July 27: A Monday. Shamshel attacks.

August 4: A Tuesday. Unit 00 activation re-attempted. Ramiel attacks.
August 5: Operation Yashima, early morning
August 6: A Thursday. Mami Sasaki is killed.
August 7: A Friday. Raidon Watanabe becomes Fifth Children; Jet Alone luncheon.
August 8: A Saturday. A "typical" day at Nerv.
August 15: A Saturday. Unit-03 shipped in discreetly.
August 19: A Wednesday. Jet Alone is sabotaged.
August 30: A Sunday. Gaghiel attacks.

September 07: A Monday. Israfel emerges from the sea.
September 12: A Saturday. Kensuke's fourteenth birthday.
September 13: A Sunday. Anniversary of 2I. Kaworu's fifteenth birthday.

September 19: A Saturday. Sandalphon attacks.
September 30: A Wednesday. Matarael attacks.

October 03: A Saturday. Raidon's birthday.
October 11: A Sunday. Sahaquiel attacks.
October 16: A Friday. Shateiel attacks.
October 24: A Saturday. Iruel attacks.
October 31: A Saturday. Anniversary of Yui's death. (In-canon this is also when Shinji and Asuka have their first kiss.)

November 02: A Monday. Leliel attacks.
November 08: A Sunday. Barachiel (the Diemay angel) attacks.
November 10: A Tuesday. Bardiel awakens. Unit-04 disappears.
November 13: A Friday. Zeruel attacks.
November 20: A Friday. Unit-05 arrives.
November 21: A Saturday. Unit-05 activation test interrupted by Bardiel. Also Ritsuko's thirtieth birthday.
November 27: A Friday. Raziel attacks.

December 04: A Friday. Asuka's fourteenth birthday.
December 08: A Tuesday. Misato's twenty-ninth birthday.
December 10: A Thursday. Unit-06 arrives.
December 11: A Friday. Turel attacks.
December 13: A Sunday. Katsuko's fourteenth birthday.
December 15: Shinji's thirty-third day inside Eva-01, if that's how things play out.
December 19: A Saturday. Arael attacks.
December 23: A Wednesday. Armisael attacks.
December 26: A Saturday. Toji's fourteenth birthday.
December 29: A Tuesday. Kaworu's CANONICAL date of going evil.
December 31 2015-January 1 2016: 3rd Impact assuming we go by the book.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 63 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Misato

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Lieutenant Colonel Misato Katsuragi groggily woke up in her comfortable futon, staring up at the ceiling. Today's Shinji-kun's first day of school, isn't it?

Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she sat up and stretched her arms and legs, yawning. It was nice having the newly appointed Third Children around. He was kind, although quiet, and seemed to do a good job of taking care of the house.

Sure beats me and Asuka having to worry about the cooking and cleaning. Grinning ruefully, Misato thought back to how Asuka was transferred to Tokyo-3--along with Misato's annoying ex, Ryoji Kaji--about 2 weeks ago, before Shinji's arrival. It was nice being able to see Asuka again, considering that she couldn't say goodbye when the woman had to stop being Asuka's caretaker in Germany.

Transferred from Nerv branch to Nerv branch, Misato had only moved into Tokyo-3 a month back, and barely had time to unpack due to all the paperwork that was immediately piled on her.... As well as the fact she hated cleaning so laziness set in whenever she got home from a hard day's work.

Absentmindedly scratching a rib, Misato made a bee line for her fridge, reaching for a can of Yebisu. She turned her head to the hallway and called, "Shinji-kun! Asuka! Time to get up for school!"

With those words, Misato sat at the table, waiting for Shinji to make breakfast. Opening the beer can with a crack, she chugged it down in one gulp. "Kuuuuuu~~~! Life just doesn't get any better then this!"

(EDIT: Mentioned that Asuka has been at Misato's for about about 2 weeks already.)
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Shinji kept staring at the ceiling for a few minutes after Misato-san called him. He'd been awake for awhile, but didn't want to move. Going to school in Tokyo-3 would probably be just like going to school anywhere else.

Shinji tried not to think about the events that had brought him to Nerv. Had he really come here all over a postcard of Misato-san skimply clad? Was that one picture worth confronting his father? Was it worth the battle with the... the Angel? The Evangelions?

Misato-san and Asuka seemed like nice enough people, although walking in on Asuka while she was taking a bath (and encountering that penguin) probably hadn't been the best way to make a first impression. This morning he'd make sure Asuka was done in the bathroom before stepping foot in there.

Finally he stood up and walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, Misato-san," he said as he opened the fridge, looking for something to cook. Misato-san really needs to buy some food soon. Finally he pulled some eggs out from under the pile of instant stuff she'd bought. They look good.

"Uh... How do you like your eggs, Misato-san?"
Last edited by Legendary on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Misato and Shinji eat breakfast

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:42 pm

"Good morning, Misato-san."

Misato grinned. "Ah, morning, Shin-chan. Is Asuka still sleeping?"

The purple-haired women cracked open another beer, and instantly started downing that one. "This is the best way to start off the day. Giggle."

"Uh... How do you like your eggs, Misato-san?"

Misato thought for a moment. "Um, scrambled is fine, I guess." Nursing her beer, Misato at length said, "So, today's your first day of school, eh? I hope you will make lots of friends. Just ask Asuka to show you around if you need anything, okay? I'm sure she'll be happy to help you out if you ask."

Though Asuka can be somewhat overbearing, she's not THAT bad...
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:02 pm

"Um, scrambled is fine, I guess."

Shinji nodded and began to prepare the eggs, smiling to himself. He noticed that the penguin was staring up at him, a with a look as though he expected something from Shinji. Shinji looked away uncomfortably.

After awhile, Misato said, "So, today's your first day of school, eh? I hope you will make lots of friends. Just ask Asuka to show you around if you need anything, okay? I'm sure she'll be happy to help you out if you ask."

Shinji wasn't sure what to say to that. Friends? Would anyone really want to be friends with me? No one was really all that interested in me at my old school. Still, Misato-san was trying to be nice, so he smiled a little and thanked her.

With the eggs finished, Shinji quickly served Misato and himself, leaving a third plate for Asuka. Shinji sat down and began to eat. He wondered when Asuka would join them.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:48 pm

The familiar, overbearingly annoying and monotonous beeping, that never failed to go off at 6:00 every morning, rudely interrupted a young girl's sleep, sending her into a shock as she hit the source of the beeping until she finally pressed the right button and got it to shut up. She let out a groan and pulled the blanket over her head, closing her eyes. "I don't want to get up..." Her whine was overwhelmed by the ringing echo in her head.

Her name was Katsuko Kotonoha.

Her arm crept out from under the blanket and fumbled around the nearby desk, knocking a few papers off, until she found her glasses, her arm receding back into the depths of her blanket. Moments later, the blanket was thrown from over her head, her square frames back in the proper place giving emphasis to her green eyes, and her long black hair sprawled out all over the place. Her unwavering stare rested upon a spot on the shadowed ceiling, almost enough light to make out the fine details in the darkness, but that was only her imagination.

Finally, she closed her eyes and let out a sigh. Might as well... Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she got up and stumbled towards the bathroom to get ready for school.

--

Now in her school uniform, Katsuko made her entrance into the kitchen and prepared a simple bowl of cereal to satisfy her stomach until lunch. Her bed was made, her room was clean and she was now fully awake and ready for the long day ahead of her. Through the glass door to the balcony, the sun lit up the room, but it was more like a gloomy cascade of light due to the fog, giving the kitchen a ghostly aura in which she sat in.

As she began eating her meal, with her school bag at her feet, she thought about how today was going to be the same as any other day in Tokyo-3. Although, there was that incident with the giant robot last week. I wonder who piloted it. Will there be another attack? The damned thing nearly took out eight blocks. Maybe something new will happen today... She snapped back to reality when she realized she wasn't eating and her cereal was getting soggy.

--

After she washed and stored the dishes she used in the cabinet, she grabbed her school bag and headed out the door, stumbling over the threshold before making her way out into the world.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Nerv: Puzzled feelings

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:18 pm

As Shinji ate breakfast, Misato quietly thought to herself about things. Although her outward appearance seemed cheerful, inside she was puzzled.

Why was Lilith down in Terminal Dogma? What was Adam doing during Second Impact? Why did she feel so uneasy around that backup pilot, Kaworu Nagisa? Will there really be peace once all the Angels are defeated? Most importantly, what the hell was the Commander thinking? She had always sensed something...off about him, but wasn't sure what it was.

Ever since she was notified about Lilith's presence, Misato had a feeling that Nerv, specifically, the Commander, hadn't been telling her the whole story. About Nerv's purpose, about her own assumptions that life would be relativity normal once the Angels that started appearing were defeated....

She didn't like this feeling one bit. It made her uneasy. It made her wonder why she was fighting so hard to avenge her father if there would be nothing but more misery and pain afterward. She had enough of such pain from her scars, both physical and mental.

There must be somebody who can tell me the Truth., she darkly mused. But who?

Who would be reckless enough to place their own life in danger just to do some digging; just to have the complete picture?

....Him. HE of all people had to know something.

Eyes narrowing as Misato nursed her beer, she smirked to herself.

Looks like Kaji-kun's going to be in for a little talk this morning, whether he likes it or not.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 am

(OOC: "1" will signify a change from third person perspective to first person, and "3" will signify a change from first person to third)

beepbeepbeepbeep, beepbeepbeepbeep, beepbeepbeepbeep....beepbeepbeepbeep, beepbeepbeepbeep, beepbeepbeepbeep...beepbeepbeepbeep beepbee-

"Shinji-kun! Asuka! Time to get up for school!"

BAM!

"Gooooood morning! It's Tokyo-3's-"

BAM!

"Kuuuuuu~~~! Life just doesn't get any better then this!"

Asuka yawned and rolled out of her blanket and onto the cold floor. She got up and looked at herself. Her medusa-esque hair in the morning would have to be tamed again. Grabbing her clothes, she changed in silence and brushes her hair.

"1"

Nothing like the stupid radio to wake me up. Hmph. I thought he was just dull, but last night in the bathroom proves that he is a pervert. He just can't stand keeping his eyes off of my body.

"Good morning, Misato-san...

"Ah, morning, Shin-chan. Is Asuka still sleeping?...This is the best way to start off the day."

"uh... How do you like your eggs, Misato-san?"

Ugh. He's so kiss-ass and formal. I wonder if he was the school idiot in his last school...

"Um, scrambled is fine, I guess..."

I peek out the door to see Misato cheerfully chatting with this boy. He can cook! How effeminate, heh.

Not bad. Smells good.

"...So, today's your first day of school, eh? I hope you will make lots of friends. Just ask Asuka to show you around if you need anything, okay? I'm sure she'll be happy to help you out if you ask."

! Heh, chaaance...

"Good morning, Misato! Good morning, Shinji!"

Eggs. Tastes good...I turn to Shinji.

"So! I'll lead you to our class, and from then on, you're on your own. I don't expect you to follow me around...and if you do, you'll be the first guy to join the sopranos. I hope you learned your lesson from yesterday. I don't suffer fools. Failure is not an option! The Second Children, pilot of the first fully operable Evangelion, doesn't associate herself with little boys and idiotic perverts."

I wink at him and whap my fork's handle at his forehead. We'll see how the day turns out. Hopefully he'll have enough brains to avoid Touji and Kensuke and leave me be. Hell hath no fury, and I am the prime example.

"Misato. I still don't understand why I still have to go to this silly elementary school. I graduated from college...what am I doing here wasting my precious time, when I can be preparing for my next showcasing of Germany's finest in military strategy and power?"

Asuka wakes up, gets dressed, and greets Misato and Shinji as shes eats breakfast. During breakfast, Asuka warns Shinji not to stalk her after taking him to their homeroom, and questions Misato about going to school.
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Asuka wakes up

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:24 am

"Good morning, Misato! Good morning, Shinji!"

Snapped out of her thoughts, Misato smiled cheerfully at Asuka who happily greeted them. "Morning, Asuka. Help yourself to some breakfast."

Munching on her eggs--almost thoughtfully--from what Misato noticed, Asuka turned to Shinji and talked to him.

She must have overheard what I told Shinji-kun a moment ago.

"So! I'll lead you to our class, and from then on, you're on your own. I don't expect you to follow me around...and if you do, you'll be the first guy to join the sopranos. I hope you learned your lesson from yesterday's incident. I don't suffer fools. Failure is not an option! The Second Children, pilot of the first fully operable Evangelion, doesn't associate herself with little boys and idiotic perverts."

Asuka suddenly turned to Misato, just as quickly saying, "Misato. I still don't understand why I still have to go to this silly elementary school. I graduated from college...what am I doing here wasting my precious time, when I can be preparing for my next showcasing of Germany's finest in military strategy and power?"

Internally rolling her eyes, Misato calmly replied, "You may have graduated college Asuka, but you're only 13 years old. You're still a junior high school student. You need to be around kids your own age and get used to living in Japan."

Misato winked, adding, "Besides, I'm sure you've been pretty popular since arriving from Germany, right?"

Helping herself to another plate of eggs, a sudden thought occurred to Misato. She chewed thoughtfully, making a decision about something.

"I have an idea.", the purple-haired women offered a playful yet kind smile. "Since the weekend's coming up soon, let's make some plans. The weather's been nice lately, so why don't the three of us go to the beach or just get out of the house? We can get to know each other more and spend some time together."

As an afterthought, Misato added, "It doesn't have to be the beach. Just somewhere nice, the three of us..."

If these kids are gonna be living and working together, they might as well try to get along. Who knows, maybe they'll even become friends over time.

Misato patiently waited for a reply from either teenager, hoping Asuka wouldn't protest too much and Shinji-kun wouldn't be too hesitant when they'd give their thoughts.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:09 pm

"You may have graduated college Asuka, but you're only 13 years old. You're still a junior high school student. You need to be around kids your own age and get used to living in Japan...Besides, I'm sure you've been pretty popular since arriving from Germany, right?"

Asuka snorts and continues eating. If graduating at college at thirteen meant anything, it meant that she didn't have to go back to junior high school to learn everything over again. In Germany and elsewhere, Asuka attracted the unwavering gaze of people she labeled "perverts" or "idiotic perverts," but she only truly desired the attention of one person - Kaji-san, and it was damn hard to attract. Somehow, Kaji evades all of her maneuvers and continues to focus on Misato or Ritsuko....she'll have to try-

"1"

"I have an idea. Since the weekend's coming up soon, let's make some plans. The weather's been nice lately, so why don't the three of us go to the beach or just get out of the house? We can get to know each other more and spend some time together.....It doesn't have to be the beach. Just somewhere nice, the three of us..."

"Ha! Just the three of us? Who am I going to talk to? This wooden plank?"

I elbow Shinji in the ribs. Maybe I can finally finish my sleeveless tan that I've always wanted. I could get a new pair of swim wear too while shopping-

"But I guess I don't need to talk to a plank to get a tan. Seems like a good idea. What about you, Shinji? Don't you want a tan as well?"

Maybe I can get the class to come and watch my superior swimming skills. I have yet to be beaten by anyone in the class, so this might be an opportunity for me to beat the other classes' swimmers.

I finish my scrambled eggs, and run into the restroom to quickly brush my teeth. I stare at the reflection, furiously swishing the brush back and forth, and that determined look I have cultured for years. What a work of art.

After brushing teeth I grab my bag and open the door.

"Shinji! You're going to make me late!"
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Shamshel

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Meanwhile, crossing the ocean towards Tokyo-3, the Angel Shamshel was curious what had happened to her brother, Sachiel. Where was he right now? Would she see him again? She had vaguely recalled sensing his presence, somewhere out in the world, just a few days prior. That same night, those feelings had vanished.

Something must have happened to brother. Perhaps he is with mother again, but...I have doubts about that.

Shamshel continued making her way across the ocean. If she couldn't find mother, she could at least fight for her survival. No, for THEIR survival. Wherever the rest of her siblings were.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Shinji gasped as Asuka elbowed him in the ribs. He had paid attention to everything she'd said, and said yes in agreement, but Asuka just sort of... kept going. He didn't mind. It was nice to not have to contribute to the conversation.

As he got ready for school, he considered Misato's proposal. Going to the beach would be nice, especially if Misato wore that outfit like she had in the postcard... Shinji wondered what sort of thing Asuka would wear, but shook his head after a moment. If he paid too much attention to that, she'd call him an idiotic pervert.

"Shinji! You're going to make me late!"

Right. Asuka. School. Shinji didn't want to be late for his first day (or any other day for that matter. His teacher had only once excused such behavior, when Shinji had been violently ill).

"Sorry," Shinji said as he joined Asuka at the front door, putting his shoes on.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:56 am

It was time to go. Time to get on the train, and leave this place behind. He stepped through the door and found place to stand near the front of the car. He took off his backpack, and placed it on an overhead rack, and grabbed one of the overhead rings. I prefer to stand. But something was wrong. Where did he go? The doors of the train closed.

Kensuke woke slowly. The blinds of his window were closed, but a dim light snuck in regardless. He brought his arm up to check his watch. Five minutes?. Kensuke's room was littered with clothes, books, and electronics. Dad's going to throw a fit if I don't clean this place up soon. Of course, half the mess is from the new model. He can't complain about the mess if the mess is from the gift he got me. I really need to finish building it. Kensuke turned to his alarm clock. 5:59... Time to get up. The clock ticked to 6am.

BEEP! BE~*click*

Kensuke got dressed and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. He put some bread in the toaster and started to make tea. There was note on the refrigerator. He took it down and read.

"I'm sorry Ken-bo, they recalled me last night to Matsushiro. I'll get my other week of leave as soon as I can. I won't forget my promise to take you to New Yokosuka. Love, -Dad"

Kensuke crumpled the note and tossed it in the trashcan. He was disappointed, more than he thought he would be. This is stupid. He just got back from Massachusetts two nights ago. He promised to take me to see the USS Over the Rainbow before it finished its training exercises at the UN base in New Yokosuka. Who knows the next time it'll be back? A month earlier, his father had given him the a model of the monstrous aircraft carrier as a surprise gift, along with a promise to see it. Kensuke took a first sip of his tea. I really should have expected this. I don't blame him though. He has important work to do. He's hardly had time to call since the attack on the city two weeks ago.

Kensuke gulped the rest of his tea down, grabbed his toast, and walked out the door. He purchased lunch at a convenience store next to his apartment building. Across the street were some older girls walking to their high school. Why are they carrying toast in their mouths if they aren't carrying anything in their arms? Won't it smudge their makeup or something? Women don't make any sense at all.

Kensuke gets up and goes to school
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:00 pm

“Just do not be remiss in your contact. If Ikari shows even the slightest sign of subversive behavior, you are to inform us at once. Are you listening?”

“I’ve never seen the ocean before…”

Kaworu Nagisa gazed down at the ruins of old Tokyo, listening to the cries of the seagulls and breathing the salt air contentedly. The SEELE monoliths encircled him from his vantage point on the roof of a grey, half-submerged building; the seven-foot slabs seemed to him like grave markers made of black marble.

“Our hope rests with you, Tabris.”

“Hope? Isn’t it the hope of all Lilim, and not just yours?”

“Yes. We humankind, the false successors from the Black Moon, have overrun this land with rampant inconstancy. Unable to understand each other, we are foolish beings who only hate and hurt each other. And we, who have no future because we are the false successors, have only one hope left to us: that we may be born as the true successors, children of God. That is why we entrust our hope to you, Tabris. Stay close to the Third Children until the promised time is at hand.”

“I am looking forward to meeting him, this…Shinji Ikari.”
Last edited by Lucretius on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Hikari

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Hikari Horaki quickly ate her breakfast of bacon and eggs that morning, the time was only about 7:05 AM. She was still half-asleep but awake enough to think about everything she had to do to get ready for school.

Let's see....Big sister Kodama is already at school for a morning club, Dad took Nozomi to school on his way to Nerv... And I just need to worry about handing print outs for anybody absent from school lately. Teacher said yesterday that we also have a new transfer student coming today. I need to make sure they feel welcome here. But I wonder what was with that robot incident the other day? Tokyo-3 is becoming a scary place to live in...

It was a lot of responsibility, having to help her two sisters--one already in high school, the other only in grade school--maintain order in the household. Her father was usually busy working alongside Kensuke's dad at Nerv, and her mother died in a car accident two years ago. Growing up so fast was difficult, but Hikari at least enjoyed helping around the house. She did miss having her mother around for important milestones in her life, but was thankful that her father and sisters--although busy with their own lives--cared for each other deeply.

Rinsing her dishes in the sink, Hikari packed the bento she made for lunch that day. Some rice balls, soy sauce to go with it, sashimi, and a small salad. Yeah. This sounds good for today.

Slipping on her shoes, Hikari clutched her school bag with one hand while picking up not one but two wrapped lunches full of bento with the other. She clutched the second one close to her heart, as if the contents were something dear to her. The contents were dear indeed: it was a lunch made out of love.

Her cheeks flushed slightly. I wonder if he'll be at school today. I hope nothing happened to him in that attack 2 nights back...

It was only 7:30, so Hikari had plenty of time to get to school since she lived so close to the Junior High. If she could just have a few minutes alone to talk with him, then she'd be happy.

Hikari gets ready for school and hopes she'll see Toji who was absent since the day Sachiel attacked. I made up how Hikari's mother died in case anybody asks her as this story progresses.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Kaji

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:12 pm

Kaji

The soft buzz of the alarm clock was the first thing that made him aware it was time to get up.

The soft thumping that sounded like padding of foot on the wooden floor? That was what made him whip out the gun he always had under his pillow and point it instinctively at the source of the sound, only to be encountered with the fact that it was all in his head.

Kaji grunted out a frustrated sigh, before using the momentum to flip onto his back and plop onto his futon loudly, staring at the ceiling, frowning. He was starting to hear noises that weren't there, and on more than one occasion he had been ducking into alleys and falling back into the familiar routine of trying to shake a shadow that wasn't there.

All of this ever since he came back here to Tokyo-3.

When you're a spy, you learn to live with the fact that people want to kill you; not the giggling school girls walking to classes, nor the kind of ladies who are outside throwing water on the street to clean it up, but the ones who are like you; non-nondescript, easy to forget, run-of-the-mill blank suits that can just as easily blend into the background to disappear.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

“Or it can be something as routinely as a phone call.” Kaji finished out loud, pinching the bridge of his noise when he remembered he didn't own an alarm clock and the buzzing sound had been his cell phone telling him he had an incoming call.

Getting up in itself was a chore; he was still feeling those farewell presents NERV-3 had given him before getting on board of the flagship of the Over the Rainbow.

Frantic breathing, the feeling of enclosure, he feels his knees are giving underneath him, falling down and hitting hard against the ground as another fist lands on his ribs, but this one is able to press harder, maybe break a couple of ribs and knock the air out of him.
So Kaji gets up and breathes hard, walking as best as he can to the nearby cupboard and pulling out a whiskey bottle, pouring some into a glass before simultaneously shooting it straight and then taking another drag of his cigarette.

“Breakfast of champions.”

On the 5th time the same number calls, according to the caller Id, Kaji
picks it up, mentally prepared for whatever he might hear coming form the other line.

“You're late.” The voice is gruff and blunt, never minding about pleasantries or any other social etiquette. “You pick up the phone on the first time. I have better things to do than to keep on calling this number for 5 times.”

Kaji is able to smirk and let out a gruff, barking chuckle. “I'm sorry, I was busy taking a shower and letting the young pretty thing that slept with me out; you know how it is.”

“Nagayama Store, one hour.”

Just as it came, the call was finished; Kaji mentally counted to 45, maybe 50 seconds tops, smiling at the recognition that old habits did, in fact, die hard, before he walked to the shower and decided to get ready for this.

----- -----

Covert intelligence involves a lot of waiting around. Sure, on the movies, TV and books, it seems like a dynamic job; always on the move, always in the middle of a fight, be it gunfight, knife fight or just bar fight. You sell weapons to one side and bullets to the other, mixing up their orders just for the fun of it, while waiting to see which side is the first to wise up and actually ask you for tactical support...

But the reality is more boring; Kaji knows what being a spy is a ll about: being a spy is a lot like sitting in your dentist's reception area for twenty-four hours a day. You read magazines and sip coffee... and every once in a while, someone tries to kill you.

In this case, the “killing you” part comes from being exposed to the scorching heat on the corner cafe of one of Tokyo's shops, waiting for his handler to come; a delightful, long process when you’re doing something illicit in the city that is the stronghold of that which you are going against. They already have home court advantage; something that is very obvious just by looking at the cameras positioned strategically around every city square, cross road and street light.

The first rule of spying is being able to pick up if someone is shadowing you; to do that you need to be able to contrast your shadow against the usual. Suits are suits, so the only way to make them stand out is keeping them on the move and not letting them get a hand into preparing the home court.

If you know they favor suits, loafers and badly pressed shirts with crumpled ties, you hang around the opposite side of town with the teenagers who are looking at the half naked figurines of big breasted saucer eyed girls with ridiculous hair color and even more ridiculous outfits, trying to get them instead of using their money wisely... like in buying beer…

“Cheer up, Kaji. I could have chosen a different location; like the beach... might have brought back memories, huh?”

Kaji rolled his eyes behind his dark glasses before grinding out his cigarette in an ashtray and taking a swing of the cup in his hand. “Thank you for not doing that.”

“Most people would be delighted to be in a beach.”

“Not me.”

“Why's that?” The handler chuckled as she leaned over, and Kaji caught a glimpse of her, looking like a housewife trying to find a present for a kid for the upcoming boy's day; the gun could be a Tokyo Marui replica, or it could be the real deal.

“Spend a few years as a covert operative, and a sunny beach just looks like a vulnerable tactical position.” Kaji said smoothly, coolly with an easy, practiced, charming smile. “No decent cover. I've never found a good way to hide a gun in a bathing suit. Have you ever seen me in a speedo? Unsightly.”

The woman chuckled like any middle aged woman would, her hand over her mouth, chuckling demurely and looking like she was sneezing. “Did you get it?”

“They moved it.” Kaji said quickly as he began walking to his left, once he was sure the perimeter was safe, the woman walking in front of him, using his height as a shield from anyone watching from the right.

“Do you know where it is now?”

“China.”

“We need you to get it.”

He swiftly wipes the gun clean, before throwing away the somewhat bloodied piece of cloth to the sea, resting lightly before he feels another surge of pain. He runs quickly, limping and grunting, as his chest feels on fire and every shuffle of his leg feels like it's gonna make it break in splinters. Yet somehow, Kaji is able to board the ship before it leaves Wilhelmshaven. He shuffles around deck looking for the cigarette in his pack that has the Vicodin pill that will make the pain somewhat bearable before he hears an annoyed grunt behind him.

“Ah... Mr. Kaji; so good of you to join us...” The admiral is quite obviously pissed at him and Kaji manages to smirk that smirk of his that he knows only makes the pissing off at him worse. “Put that out! This isn't a cruise line, you know?”

Kaji just smirks “That explains why my pillows are never fluffed, and the breakfast is lousy.”

“What an incredible coincidence, it just so happens that I've been assigned to oversee the transportation of the S2 engine prototype from China over here; seems NERV wants to do some trials now that they have a real life version of it.”

“Incredible coincidence indeed.”

Kaji chuckles as the woman writes quickly something in a piece of paper. “Expect us to give you the information as soon as we get it, but you'll have to be able to move quickly back and forth.”

Kaji nods, already aware of the possible outcomes, letting out a sigh.

“You should get your ribs checked as well, a cracked rib will slow you down, make you sloppy.” She says, and just to prove her point she suddenly walks in front of him, making him stumble... something that normally, where he 100%, would have been able to sidestep with no problem, instead landing in a heap in the middle of the street.

Just great. Kaji thinks through gritted teeth, already getting feed up with old people and their stupid ways of proving points.

Taking out his phone he dials the first number on his speed dial waiting patiently for her to answer, and when she does, he lays it out simply like that, as it should be.

“Hey babe… Guess what?” The smile never leaves his face, it might be thorugh clenched jaws and gritted teeth, but it’s all he has for now, and that’s all he can show right now, walk through the pain, it’s beyond you, below you.

“Yeah… Tomorrow is no good; I’m going on a business trip.”

He ends the call rather weakly, glad the machine picked it up for her before letting out a sigh.

He should really call Misato, she had been trying hard to contact him; a part of him wishes it were for something that was not NERV related, but he knows better. It’s work.

It’s always work.

So Kaji turns around and begins to walk back to hail a cab, before the pressure in his chest and the pain in his leg makes him pass out.

“The hospital.” He says just as he closes his eyes to fight the pain away.

Kaji is moving around, going to China to escort the S2 to New Yokohama; stuff in Red is flashback sequences of what happened in Germany. He hasn't made contact with Misato or anyone from NERV.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Impatience

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:03 am

Sighing softly as she sat down in her sit, Hikari patiently waited for school to begin. Homeroom didn't start until 8:00, so the freckled-girl had some time to just daydream.

She was disappointed in searching the halls that he couldn't be found...

No matter. Maybe if he was here today, they could talk after homeroom.

Toji. I wish I had the courage to tell him how I feel. I'm not pretty like Ayanami-san or smart like Asuka. I don't know what qualities he'd like about me.

Opening a light romance novel, the girl quietly read it as she waited for school to begin.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:50 pm

(OOC: This post uses bits and pieces from an IRC take on the thread. Collaborated together with SSD, Legendary and TAO.)

“So, this is the famous Shinji Ikari! You don’t look as tough as I thought you would. I thought you’d be…stouter.”

“S-sorry.”

“That’s alright. I like you just the way you are.”

Kaworu smiled warmly at Shinji, while the latter continued to blush and stutter.

“Jeez, let go of his hand already, weirdo!” growled Asuka, leaning against the doorway. “Longest handshake I’ve ever seen.”

Kaworu dropped Shinji’s hand and glanced searchingly at Asuka. Yes, she was clearly not cut out to be an Eva pilot. She would burn out before long, just as the old men had predicted.

“Kaworu-kun, nice to see you again,” said Misato, rubbing her eyes. “You’ve already met Asuka, right? What can I do for you?”

“I just wanted to see the famous Shinji Ikari for myself. I’m starting school today, too. Perhaps we could walk there together?”
Last edited by Lucretius on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

A visit from Kaworu Nagisa

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Misato tiredly rubbed her eyes as Kaworu almost without warning appeared at the door. It was nice to see the backup Eva pilot, but there was something about him that made her feel uncomfortable.

She just wish she knew what. At any rate, the main thing that was on Misato's mind was Kaji, oddly enough. Calling him a few minutes prior had led her directly to his cellphone voice mail. I guess that jerk's away on business. I'll find out soon enough just what kind., she thought darkly.

“Kaworu-kun, nice to see you again,” the woman said in a tired voice. "You’ve already met Asuka, right? What can I do for you?”

Kaworu smiled at the purple haired woman, replying, “I just wanted to see the famous Shinji Ikari for myself. I’m starting school today, too. Perhaps we could walk there together?”

Shrugging, Misato stretched her arms behind her back, unknowingly giving the three Children in front of her what people in the real world would call a "Gainax bounce".

"Sure, I don't mind at all as long as Shinji-kun and Asuka don't."

Giving a friendly smile, she added, "I hope you kids have fun today." Misato then sat back at the kitchen table, drinking (remarkably) some coffee instead of beer to help keep her awake. Misato had a long day ahead of her so she needed all the caffeine she could get.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 am

As Shinji finished his sentence, the doorbell rang, and Shinji hurriedly answered the door. A very pale boy with strangely red eyes (like that other pilot, Ayanami) stood smiling on the other side of the threshold.

“So, this is the famous Shinji Ikari! You don’t look as tough as I thought you would. I thought you’d be…stouter.”

“S-sorry.” Will everyone know my name here? Shinji wondered. Or does he just know because he's a pilot?

“That’s alright. I like you just the way you are.”

Kaworu smiled. Shinji's cheeks were quickly becoming redder than Kaworu's eyes.

“Jeez, let go of his hand already, weirdo!” Asuka said, leaning back. “Longest handshake I’ve ever seen.”

Kaworu let go of Shinji’s hand and looked at Asuka. Shinji blushed furiously, not sure what to say. Kaworu had probably just forgotten about letting go, or, maybe he was trying to learn something about Shinji from his handshake. Shinji had heard about something like that.

Or maybe Asuka just didn't like Kaworu?

Misato rubbed her eyes. “Kaworu-kun, nice to see you again. You’ve already met Asuka, right? What can I do for you?” Misato-san sounded tired, or maybe bored? Shinji couldn't tell.

Kaworu smiled at the purple haired woman, replying, “I just wanted to see the famous Shinji Ikari for myself. I’m starting school today, too. Perhaps we could walk there together?”

Shrugging, Misato stretched her arms behind her back, unknowingly accentuating her breasts in front of the children. Shinji was too distracted by the memory of Kaworu's handshake to notice...

"Sure, I don't mind at all as long as Shinji-kun and Asuka don't." A pause, and then she added, "I hope you kids have fun today."

"Thanks, Misato-san," Shinji said in response. He then looked at Asuka, timidly. "I don't mind if he comes. Do you?"
Last edited by Legendary on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”