New RP Thread Suggestion/Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:37 pm

So just to double-check since I haven't been around as much lately: Are we now going along with the GM Angel thing depending on what AgentOmega wants to implement?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:28 am

Far as I know there hasn't been any talk of dropping it or anything, so I think so.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 am

I swear on my mother's grave that I will have a post up by tomorrow night. xP
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Okay so I noticed things have been slow lately with posting and again I'm wondering how it should be resolved. While the idea of an Angel GM is interesting (and hopefully can be implemented), I don't know how it's going to help the following:

*Not all characters are completely in character, granted this happens to all of us.

*Things not being Eva enough in feel, either due to some of the characters or just with the aspect of the actual show. For one thing the units themselves haven't had much time to shine, although this is only the Action Arc.

*People planning too far ahead for future events and not focusing on what's occurring currently, same with over-planning things. (I think this right here is partly why people haven't posted lately.)

*Posting itself being more done as a group/pairing effort instead of more free-form (such as planning out and posting something from the IRC channel). There's nothing bad with this approach but people shouldn't do this all the time unless that's their preferred method of making posts.

I propose we do a re-boot of sorts: We pick up at the current episode, 10, but with some new rules/ideas in-tact on how to make this better. What rules specifically, I'm not sure exactly yet (this can be discussed) except being in-character is obviously a must.

Although maybe everybody all around is just tired of the thread and we should give up with RPing on the forums for good? I dunno anymore. People said they were interested in what's now our 3rd try at a forum RP, and not much progress has been made lately. I know at least I've been equal parts apathetic/stuck with writer's block and busy the past month, but still.

Discuss.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Sounds like good suggestions. ^^;

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Well, after finally joining the IRC... we could always use THAT as our RPG realm, and simply have someone transcribe the results of the RPG here in the forum under the existing thread.

Of course, not everyone is online at the same time.

The only other option is to JUST MAKE EVERYONE CHECK IN AT LEAST ONCE A DAY FOR A FEW MINUTES, READ IF ANYONE BUMPS INTO THEIR CHARACTERS TRYING TO INITIATE CONVERSATION, LEAVING "CHARACTER A RESPONSE" IN BLUE AS WE HAVE DONE BEFORE, AND WRITE A GODDAMN REPLY AS SOON AS THEY CAN!

If you have enough time to lurk for hours on IRC, you have time to make a mother f***ing post.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm fine with the re-boot suggestion, it might help freshen things up a bit.

As for giving up on the thread RP altogether, I would rather continue, because with the forum RP we actually have a chance to develop the characters and story in a linear direction, whereas the IRC channel stuff just ends up being whatever people are in the mood for.

Also, as mentioned previously, not everyone will be in the IRC when stuff is happening. The only way around that would be to actually sort out times when everybody is available for RP. But I doubt we all have stable enough schedules to guarantee that, real life tends to intrude even on those who have a fixed timetable, and it'd be making things a bit too serious as well.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Again, I wouldn't want there to be a reboot where we start from the very beginning with this thread, but first figure out what's the best approach to take with things as well as seriously implementing it before moving onto Episode 10.

Goatman: Pretty much.

And I wouldn't want to give up on the thread myself. It is fun for the most part (though lately it has felt like a chore, yes), and I have the feeling similar to the RP chan(s) that if I'd leave for awhile or even for good, things would just die off which I wouldn't really want unless everybody agrees we should just "give up" with this. Hope this makes sense, I'm tired today. ^^;

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:*Not all characters are completely in character, granted this happens to all of us.

Deviations form the accepted norm is bound to happen when we start shifting the story in such aspects like having all 4 children be in Tokyo-3 from the start,

Sailor Star Dust wrote:*Things not being Eva enough in feel, either due to some of the characters or just with the aspect of the actual show. For one thing the units themselves haven't had much time to shine, although this is only the Action Arc.

There is a difference between being Eva in feel and not being "eva" enough according to a particular liking; if you are referring to the mindfucks, each character is free to do it when it seems appropriate; mindfucking just for the sake of doing it should be avoided.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:*People planning too far ahead for future events and not focusing on what's occurring currently, same with over-planning things. (I think this right here is partly why people haven't posted lately.)

I think it's more to do with people not posting, period, regardless of planning, over planning.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:*Posting itself being more done as a group/pairing effort instead of more free-form (such as planning out and posting something from the IRC channel). There's nothing bad with this approach but people shouldn't do this all the time unless that's their preferred method of making posts.

I like the way we have done it so far; if I plan/play out something in the IRC it's to engage other characters, if not, some other character can write me in a post and I'll respond.

Sailor Star Dust wrote: I know at least I've been equal parts apathetic/stuck with writer's block and busy the past month, but still.

If you check the latest posting, I don't think this is the case for a certain number of us, however I think it has more to do with other situations.

I for myself don't see anything wrong with the way things have been done right now on a personal level; I have been posting, and I have my character going where I want them to go.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:22 pm

I say we keep chugging along.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

*Still waiting to hear from other people so we can figure out what needs to be changed in terms of the Rules and posting if anything*

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 pm

I agree with Chee, but the rebooting idea isn't bad.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 pm

I think that free form and plot planning shouldn't be mutually exclusive; I like to plan out the plot because it gives me a chance to involve characters to develop my characters' relationship with them, but at the same time, free form can be used when you want to post and no one is doing or posting anything.

Bottom line, if people wanna free form, they can do it, but I will keep on doing what I have done so far.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm

This has been asked a couple of times, so I'm gonna clear this up now:

The pilots of Eva-05 (the Bardiel victim) and Eva-06 are classified. Kaito WILL be one of the two, but we're not saying which.

The pilot of Eva-05 will be one of the five children who has not been selected yet: Toji, Hikari, Kensuke, Kaito, or Katsuko. SSD + myself + the real pilot (if it's not one of the two of us) know who this individual is. The other two or three have simply been informed "It's not you," but will not confirm or deny this fact.

Thank you, that is all.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Legendary: I think Majlund being Ritsuko also knows who the not-so-lucky victim is. Misato won't be happy at any rate.

EDIT: By the way, I'm going to be the 11th Angel Shateiel (Extra-canon one) since I need practice as ver for something. Just wanted to mention that here in case anybody else was really dying to play that one and wants to request it besides me.

So, I'll try to write up some Rule tweakages this Friday, but how exactly should the Angel GameMaster stuff be implemented since it's AgentOmega as Sandy, IIRC?

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Expect Raidon and Fuyutsuki posts later tonight, once I clear my head.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 am

I will try to write up new game rules this week or just Friday when I'd get home, but I dunno how it'd help the lack of posting and no Angel GameMaster. =_=

I'm really close to getting completely apathetic or most likely just leaving the RP Thread to work on other things, guys. Things just aren't interesting anymore and too damn slow. And this is coming from one of the people who has usually had to help keep these threads moving. Some of you like Maj and Logan have valid excuses, but still.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 pm

We could just plan things out in-chan more often.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Look, if agentomega doesn't make a GM post in the next 24 hours, *I'll* be Sandalphon and take stuff over, okay? That should give the thread a jumpstart.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Legendary: Sandy is now yours, hop to it when you can.

OMEDETOU! :clap: ...Or something.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”