Soluzar wrote:All too true. There is a predjudice, an inequality still about such things. The Anime industry is all too happy to show bare breasts, and even other, naughtier bits, as long as they are on female characters, but you pitch them a concept which involves fanservice for the viewer who is oriented towards males, and it would seem, from the output of the larger distributors at least, that there is significant resistance to the concept.
Male characters are rarely the victims of fan service, but it can
happen... There is just little financial incentive to do so, except for anime that are targeted specifically at females. And, overall, there seems to be greater demand for beautiful, even androgynous, men, as opposed to a treatment that emphasizes "masculine" qualities. (Though I suppose there is plenty of room for both.)
Magami no ER wrote:Even just the chest can be good enough for most girls.(Saiyuki pic....Sanzou)
No bulging packages for you?
Soluzar wrote:Aww.... Thanks. That's just not something I hear every day. Usuually when people use that sort of sentance in reference to The Biscuity One, they replace the word, 'nice' with either 'weird', or if they are really kind, 'strange but nice.
Hmm, that about sums it up for my reputation, as well.
My perspective is that even the 'straightest' person is no more than 65-75% oriented towards the opposite sex, and that still leaves a whole 25% or more of themself which is aroused by their own gender, but would rather not admit it.
Heh heh, reminds me of this
intriguing essay:Masturbation mocks, even "deconstructs," the categories and concepts of both our everyday (ordinary) and technical (scientific) sexual discourses. Masturbation, like sex that can occur in a good marriage or with an admired and intimate lover, is sex with someone I care about and to whose satisfaction and welfare I am devoted. Masturbation is incestuous, since it happens with someone to whom I am blood-related, someone within my own family. If I am married, my masturbating is adulterous, since it is sex with someone who is not my spouse, to whom I am not married. Masturbation is homosexual: a man sexually pleases a man or a woman sexually pleases a woman.
This amused me quite a bit, since I'd been throwing around a similar argument, for kicks if nothing else.
In the same way, I think that the sort of people who look for these sorts of characteristics, or other obvious and stereotypical characteristics are actually compensating for the fact that they aren't really sure in themselves of what they want - they rely on society to tell them what is sexy.
Or maybe they are "beautiful people" themselves and won't settle for anything "less".
One thing I've noticed -- 'society' seems to be much more flexible about what can be considered sexy in men than in women. I.e., men are permitted to show a much greater degree of variation and 'imperfection', whereas women are held to stringent requirements. Sigh, I hate the double standard.
Errr, I think I got carried away with that topic. Ignore me.
So, who was the intended audience for most of that?
Uhuh. Girls are often said to be less 'visually aroused' than guys, and I've heard enough from various acquaintances of mine to believe it.
You should see my sketchbooks... :cough: Then, they don't really seem to confirm much aside from the fact that I am a weirdo pervert, but, as I always say, "Tis better to draw weird and perverted things than actually do them."
Ahh. I am wrong then. I thought that the various eden inhabitants weren't bound to their earthly shape.
Well, there are a couple of times an explained phenomenon turns everybody into members of Homo sapiens
(and all completely naked for the entire duration). Aside from that, I'm not sure where you might have gotten that impression.
I had assumed that Kaworu/Tabris might look very different in Eden. Ie, with a core, for copious 'nuking off', and fanservice for Magami! :-P
Well, he is Adam once again, so pearl-polishing would not be beyond her ability.
On a pointless aside, Adam never actually appears in Eden; we meet her (and Lilith) somewhere else.
Magami no ER wrote:And as for Kaworu "nuking off", I sketched a wittle pic of Kaworu, uh, trying to do that in a harpy costume(sorry Treize X ^^), useing a small SoL.
"Nuking off" is just stimulating the surface of the core, and somewhat less lethal than what the harpies do. As for that, I'm not sure what an appropriate slang would be... Kernfick, maybe?
BTW, that pic sounds cute. Make sure we get to see it sometime.
After seeing some sort of Rei H-doujin, not but an hour ago, I have a feeling that this must be even disturbing for Adam than I thought.(those doujinshi were disturbing, in a disgusting way....I was misinformed before looking at them!)
Were they Kaworu/Rei, by any chance? If so, how could they be any more disturbing than a Kaworu/Keel "Bratwurst Incident"?Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 01:14 GMT