Genesos 0:0'...

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Genesos 0:0'...

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:28 am

Since I am requesting stuff....does anybody have a copy of Genesis 0:0'. I think it is an old vhs tape that gave a behind the scenes view at the making of the show. Was wondering if anyone had fansubbed it or at least formated into a video file...anyone holding?? :)
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Genesos 0:0'...

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:57 am

bp32 wrote:Since I am requesting stuff....does anybody have a copy of Genesis 0:0'. I think it is an old vhs tape that gave a behind the scenes view at the making of the show. Was wondering if anyone had fansubbed it or at least formated into a video file...anyone holding?? :)
It's included on the Renewal Extras disc, which AchtungAffen and I both DLed as a 695 MB avi off BitTorent (a long time ago, the torrent is no longer up). I think he indicated he might make it available for DL on his site... Of course, it's all in Japanese without subtitles, which somewhat limits its usefullness.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:38 am

Until I can put it online (still have to clear space) you can try, if you have broadband, to emule it.

ed2k://|file|Renewal.of.Evangelion.Extras.Disc.%5BRLP%5D.avi|641157644|070766518A8443A06917791D64A82DB6|/

If I can't post ed2k links here, please admin or mod, delete it. I didn't mean to infringe any rule or cause any problem.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:52 am

I just sent Monkey the Renewal Bonus Disc. If we're lucky, Aaron will be able to use his charismatic charm to convince some fansubbing outfit or another to sub the whole thing for us geeks. Would be nice, no?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:59 am

Reichu wrote:I just sent Monkey the Renewal Bonus Disc. If we're lucky, Aaron will be able to use his charismatic charm to convince some fansubbing outfit or another to sub the whole thing for us geeks. Would be nice, no?

Would be scruptralescent!!! BTW, AchtungAffen, I don't have emule--just Ares--anyway I can get it using that program?? Sorry, I am not that well versed in this stuff...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:12 pm

I'm not sure, that's the first time I hear of that program. Just do this test: click on the link, if it adds a file to your download queue then you can, if not, emule is your choice.

As for starters on sub: I already subbed the alternate live action sequence that comes in the bonus disc.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:00 pm

Here's the dealie. I now have the Renewal extra disc. it has some potentially interesting stuff. Some Q&A with some of the staff and cast, Anno, Sadamoto, Miyamura, Mitsuishi, etc. I will see about the possibility of getting this fan subbed. If not, I'll create a torrent and make it available that way. I certainly don't have the disc space to make it available for direct download, unless of course I chop it up into individual pieces, and throw out some of the stuff that you may well have seen already.

Stay tuned.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:16 am

it boggles my mind that five fansub groups will release fansubs of shows like Air and other shitty new anime, but we can't find a single translator for all this Eva stuff...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:20 pm

It does, doesn't it?

Cross your fingers and say your hail Marys, cause if I get a undergraduate research award in March, I'm going to have a lot of stuff translated for your consumption. That's when all those rare Eva books of mine are going to come in handy. There's a bunch of promising articles and interviews in them, just begging to be translated.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:52 pm

So... you're not going to look into the fansub outfits?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:11 pm

Please, please find someone to fansub the Renewal extras...I am dying to see the making of stuff--I know, I know, those who have seen it might think it isn't anything special, but you always want what you can't have :)

RubberSoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RubberSoul » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:32 am

Otaprince wrote:it boggles my mind that five fansub groups will release fansubs of shows like Air and other shitty new anime, but we can't find a single translator for all this Eva stuff...

Yeah, that's true, but the Evangelion Audio Drama is available on bit torrent at AnimeSuki.

Sidenote:
Although I wish they just had a blank screen [on the Eva audio Drama fansub] with the subtitles instead of all those distracting pictures; it makes it hard to use your imagination (It's an audio drama).
I can only take so much retarded.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:17 pm

Otaprince wrote:it boggles my mind that five fansub groups will release fansubs of shows like Air and other shitty new anime, but we can't find a single translator for all this Eva stuff...

AIR is definitely NOT shitty! And if your really that boggled, why don't you just go ask one of those groups to help translate some of the Eva stuff?
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”