Why Gendo never talk to Asuka?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Wildchild
Embryo

Why Gendo never talk to Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby Wildchild » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:58 pm

I know that this question is a bit silly, but this is a thing that i keep in my mind since i watched this anime... He talks to Rei and Shinji but never talks to Asuka! Maybe he hates her who know... Because in 22 episode when Shiji ask him to save her he simply say "I Don't Care"... People tell me what you think about this. 8)

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:47 pm

Asuka was expendable to him, just another pawn inhis game. Her life had no meaning to him.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:11 pm

Shinji was the child of his body, and Rei the child of his making. Asuka was just another NERV staff member - and how often does the CEO speak to a shop floor worker?

And then Gendou himself is not exactly the most garrulous of characters.

Ep #22 "I don't care" - at that point, the last thing he is going to do is risk EVA-01, given her pivotal position in his master plan. The pilots are valuable to him only in that they can serve his hidden agenda, as opposed to SEELE's. I don't think that he would have cared to save Shinji, were positions reversed.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:15 pm

DatDude wrote:Asuka was expendable to him, just another pawn inhis game. Her life had no meaning to him.

True , and very simply put too
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:17 pm

>takes a bow< :wink:

Thankyou Thankyou
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:33 am

Well, there is also lack of love for Shinji from Gendo, we know this, because in the first episode he refers to Shinji as a spare.. now if his own son is just a spare to him than obviously Asuka wil mean less than nothing.. So to that extent, what does Shinji mean to him apart from the fact that he is his son and a Eva pilot? :?

"Asuka was expendable to him, just another pawn in his game. Her life had no meaning to him."

So yea I guess you hit the nail with that statement 8)
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Wildchild
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wildchild » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:03 am

"Asuka was expendable to him, just another pawn in his game. Her life had no meaning to him."

You are right! :twisted:

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:06 am

Wildchild wrote:
You are right! :twisted:

So to that extent, what does Shinji mean to him apart from the fact that he is his son and a Eva pilot?
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:48 am

Titus wrote:So to that extent, what does Shinji mean to him apart from the fact that he is his son and a Eva pilot?

What else Shinji could mean?
I don't get your question..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:21 am

I truely think Gendo is secretly doing it with Asuka.
Last edited by max3000 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:35 am

Nah, she shot him down because he was too old. So he had to back to making out with the clones from the tank.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:39 am

I, myself, wouldn't mind doing that XD

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:07 pm

max3000 wrote:I truely think Gendo is secretly doing it with Asuka.

:lol:
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:19 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Nah, she shot him down because he was too old. So he had to back to making out with the clones from the tank.

I would have thought that Asuka walked into the room as Gendo was getting it off with the clones, she called child(or is that clone)services and when Seele heard what was going on, they sent in the troops and bingo! You have EoE! - "I caused third impact by being a pedophile" - Gendo could have told that to Ritsuko just before he shot her... :lol:

the_seventh_child wrote:What else Shinji could mean?
I don't get your question.

Well, Asuka obviously doesn't mean anything to Gendo...... But i recon because he refers to Shinji as a spare(as he does with Rei) that the same goes for Shinji - he is only a Eva pilot and doesn't mean anything else to Gendo - Do you agree or am I drunk? :?

max3000 wrote:I, myself, wouldn't mind doing that XD

You wouldn't mind getting it on with clones of yourself? :shock:

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:00 pm

I meant a Rei clone.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:02 pm

max3000 wrote:I meant a Rei clone.

My Bad! :lol:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:39 am

It is a bit odd to think that Gendo and Asuka don't have a single exchange to think of. But then again, in terms of the character relationships, there is none. The relationship is the impetus for the various exchanges the characters have. Shinji is Gendo's son, and Rei is a clone of his dead wife. Asuka has no connection to Gendo, and as Misato delegates between Gendo and the pilots, he is never in the position to speak to Asuka. He only commanded one sortie, and that was only when Misato was incompasitated. In that instance, he gave Asuka an order, and I believe that may have been the only time he ever spoke directly to her. Strange, isn't it?

mike
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mike » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:06 am

You could also count in the brief interaction in the 5th stage of the 4th volume of Sadamoto's manga. Asuka clearly tries to impress Gendo but he just walks past her and Shinji without saying anything important.

That's actually the only time I've ever seen Gendo actually say something which wasn't an order or something important. It's as if he almost indulged in a bit of chit-chat.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:04 am

mike wrote:You could also count in the brief interaction in the 5th stage of the 4th volume of Sadamoto's manga. Asuka clearly tries to impress Gendo but he just walks past her and Shinji without saying anything important.

That's actually the only time I've ever seen Gendo actually say something which wasn't an order or something important. It's as if he almost indulged in a bit of chit-chat.

Yeah that's right:

We can see that Gendo is not that cold as other times..

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:03 pm

Kind of OOC. The great Gendo-sama is clearly beyond something as frivolous as small talk.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”