From Cold to Warm (R/S fanfic)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

chungdoo
Embryo

From Cold to Warm (R/S fanfic)

•      
  •      

Postby chungdoo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:53 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3959858/1/From_Cold_to_Warm

give it a try and tell me what you think. I know the first chapter kinda sucks but it gets better later on i promise.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 pm

i don't even need to read it to know you need to come up with a better title.

edit: i read the first half and skimmed the rest. it was more than i could handle. shit sucks.

edit el numero dos: i've been told to bring CONTRUCTIVE criticism, therefore i shall elaborate.

poor diction
confusing and awkward syntax
various grammatical errors
poor interpretation of the characters... especially Shinji knowing that Rei is an angel.
im sure if i looked closer i could find more things to point out.

tl;dr an hero now.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:50 am

tl;dr an hero now.

Ouch, harsh!

Funny though, there seem to be a lot of supporters on fanfiction.net, what gives?

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:46 am

Chowwow wrote:Funny though, there seem to be a lot of supporters on fanfiction.net, what gives?

It's because the majority of people on that site have no idea of what makes a good fanfiction. For the most part, it seems like the definition of fanfiction has become "a story where there are characters who share names with people in a recognized book or movie, where the setting is roughly the same."

Another thing to consider is that it seems like it would be VERY hard to make a decent NGE fanfic. The characters and setting are far too defined for that. The best you could probably do is elaborate on someone's past or give details about one of the minor characters. Unfortunately, they're minor characters, so no one would care, right?
Gamer_2k4

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 am

Slothen raised most of the points I would have brought up, albeit more abrasively. To those I would add that there is definite flanderization of characters other than those in the central pairing, and that the premise itself doesn't stand out among the many R/S stories already out there.

Gamer_2k4 wrote:The best you could probably do is elaborate on someone's past or give details about one of the minor characters.

Or try to come up with some decent new ones. Safety Not Guaranteed.

Return to “Fanfiction”