True story of Adam and Lilith

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

True story of Adam and Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:17 pm

when God created everything. the first humans were Adam and Lilith. they reproduced and made many children. 100/ day in fact. the exact number is not yet known to me. Adam wished for superiority, Lilith wanted equality. Adam complained to God and Lilith was banished and her children were condemned to be demons in hell. Eventually Cain decided to take a road trip to the land of Nod(XD). there he met Lilith and mated, as such they made the Lliam. to be more specific, incubuses and succubi. This is how Lilith got her name and the mother of succubi.

Adam by defition means Humanity
Lilith is the mother of succubi
Eve is "the angel of humanity"
Cain was the first vampire

etc etc.

want me to stop posting theology? (poll doesnt work)

i hope you guys can at least discuss this T_T

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:24 pm

Don't stop posting the theology. It is quite interesting even if it doesn't have much to do with the Eva storyline.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Can someone explain Cain to me? I've heard people say that Unit 03 is Cain and then started talking of killing brothers... as you can see, I have no idea what they meant. Anyone care to inform?

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 pm

Cain was the first born of Adam and Eve, followed by his brother Abel.

God asked for sacrifices.

Abel presented a lamb of his flock
Cain presented vegetables from his farm

God favored Abel's gift over Cain's.

this is where the story take two seperate but equal directions

the Bible says Cain then killed his brother out of jealousy. some interprators would have it said he killed him out of love for Abel and God. sacrificing his brother to God etc etc

either way, God found out. Cain was placed with the mark of a vampire. and he fucked Lilith hardcore style

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:22 pm

lol, thanks for the explanation. But if I was either of the brothers, I'd give the whole flock to apease God :?

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:26 pm

really?

id like to believe im more related to Cain and Lilith than i am Adam and Eve. those two werent the smartest around if you get me

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:41 pm

Mr.Guy wrote:Can someone explain Cain to me? I've heard people say that Unit 03 is Cain and then started talking of killing brothers... as you can see, I have no idea what they meant. Anyone care to inform?

I've never associated Unit 03 with Cain. Nor have I heard anyone advocate that. To me, I've always associated him with depictions of Angels that resembled demons. Some angel's were said to resemble demons so that they could pass in and out of hell untouched.

Bardiel is also referred to as the shameful son of god. I found some stuff about him at one point, but I can't seem to find it.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:45 pm

ive never heard of him refered to as the shamefull son of God. i do know thaat he is also the fourth baron of hell

[hint]the EXACT SAME as the babylonian God[/hint]

>Monkeyman, this is the first part of the writing
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:52 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
Mr.Guy wrote:Can someone explain Cain to me? I've heard people say that Unit 03 is Cain and then started talking of killing brothers... as you can see, I have no idea what they meant. Anyone care to inform?

I've never associated Unit 03 with Cain. Nor have I heard anyone advocate that. To me, I've always associated him with depictions of Angels that resembled demons.

Well, it was only one person :? . Now that I look back on it, and use the information I just learned it seems they were referring Unit 01 to Cain and Unit 03 to Abel. But I fail to see a connection :?

Oh, Barons of Hell! I had heard about them, someone even said something about the Eva Series representing them (looks wise). Out of all the Angels, I seem to find the least on Bardiel... shame, it was one of my favorite angles.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:54 pm

yes, Bardiel is one of my favorites as well, along with Zeruel

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:27 pm

Eh... where did you hear Cain was a vampire? The mark God gave him did not make him a vampire, it was to protect him (don't ask me why) it is also still being debated what the mark actually was. Some think it was dot on his forehead, others go as far as to think it was a dog which would follow him. The mark made it so Cain was punished 7 times, and if anyone were to murder him they would be punished 77 times, says God. It is also never explicitly stated that Lilith was his wife, his wife was unknown.
The only other thing that seemed wrong is your translation of Adam's name, the origins of the name, are actually unknown, but are found to relate to 'red earth'.
This is all based on what I, personally have read. I'm curious as to where you got this information.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:36 pm

i forget where i read this, but it stated the curse that God gave Cain was the he could no longer bear the light of the sun, he must drink the blood of man etc etc. that is in fact a generalized version of a vampire

as for the name, i was wrong. at least from researching for 2 secs. though i know ive seen it somewhere :roll:

i have to learn to keep better notes ~_~

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:54 pm

I forgot to mention something: Inbetween God creating Lilith and creating Eve, he also supposedly created an unnamed virgin. Adam watched as she was forming, and saw all the liquids and... stuff that entered her body, in order to bring her to life, and in disgust, rejected her.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:02 pm

never heard of her. youve peaked my interest. ill be investigating this some. as for now, i need to finish some DnD crap that im working on

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:34 pm

TheMessiah wrote:ive never heard of him refered to as the shamefull son of God. i do know thaat he is also the fourth baron of hell

The Barons of Hell is a fan creation. There is no such thing in any religious myth. Believe me. I've looked. The only place you'll find Baron of Hell references is Evangelion, and a German FPS clan by the same name. There's nothing to back that Baron of Hell nonsense.

Prove me wrong though.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:48 pm

ever read the sandman books(best i could think of this late at night)

in book 1, the demon Chronozon is an actual demon. he look a lot like Unit 01

4 eyes
2 mouths
completely red

he is refered to as the terrible demon that sits on the brink of the Abyss

and in thematic numbers he is 333

thats about as close as i can get to proving that theyre based off some sort of demon. well, that and the audio commentary on Death and Rebirth

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:54 pm

There may be some biblical/mythical stuff in there, but the Barons of Hell theory is something that has in fact been debunked.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:09 am

it may have been in the divine comedy. ill be getting my hands on a copy sometime soon. if they are ill let you know

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Super Mega Ultra Deluxe » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:02 am

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=345333
Hope this helps.

I've read the Sandman before (pre-Eva though) and while a lot of Gaiman's things are based off of some real myth or legend (or sometimes plain old real people) that doesn't really prove the Baron of Hell theory. I agree with EM, it's just a fan made theory, even though some of it may be traced to other things.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:30 pm

as per my current readings that was the best i could find.

i need to get my hands on more "unpopular" books if you get what im saying

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”