[RP]A Post 3rd Impact World ~Session 2 and the rest~

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

[RP]A Post 3rd Impact World ~Session 2 and the rest~

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:05 pm

The Rules:

Rule 1: It's okay to mention other characters in your post, just please, NO going into "God-mode" and giving them replies or actions unless they're random background characters ONLY. Also, try to be as in-character as much possible.

Being somewhat Out of Character depending on the character's situation is alright for a few posts, but please don't make every single post like this.

Rule 2a: Three characters to a player, MAXIMUM. NOTE: However, any characters that have expired/are not being used are to be considered as plot device (background) characters: it's okay to mention their actions (provided the plot and setting are given attention) so the story can move forward.

The only character that can NOT be taken is Ikari Yui/Evangelion Unit-01, to ensure that a coherent storyline is formed. However, it IS okay to mention her in dreams/mindfucks, provided in that Reality she's still in space. (Laymen terms: She's out in Space for a reason, people.)

Rule 2b: Unlimited "abandoned"--NOT new--characters (which were abandoned if the Player didn't post for a month/4 weeks) can be taken up on a provisional basis if the situation calls for it. For more details on this issue, please see this post.

Rule 3: In the same vein, you can only post four times MAXIMUM per day (especially if you have two characters). HOWEVER, double-posting is NOT allowed EXCEPT if there was a time-lag (say, a day) in between your first post and the last. Otherwise, if you double-post, the latest post(s) you made WILL be deleted. This is to allow other players to have a chance to contribute and prevent the story from having too many plots going on.

Rule 4: No single-line replies. The role-play will be done in 'story mode'. Dialogue is in quotation marks, thoughts are in italics, etc. Try to make your writing semi-decent, especially in terms of spelling and grammar.

Rule 5: Be sure to read previous posts, so that you know how to proceed with your characters' actions in regards to the current setting.

Rule 6: Please direct all OOC questions/comments and requests for roles/characters to the thread here. However, if you have a question/comment that MUST be addressed in the (new) RP thread, use this (OOC: ) in your reply. Also, please try to have your (OOC: words) comment be in the same post as your Roleplaying one so the story's flow isn't disrupted.

Rule 7: Coarse language, violence, and sexuality (Series Examples: Lilith's Vulva-palms, Misato/Kaji sex scenes, implied masturbation, etc) are allowed within reason; this is NGE, after all. 'Mindfuck' and flashback sequences are also permissible.

Rule 8: While forgetting about a rule once in a while here and there might happen, continually "forgetting" with failing to comply to these rules--especially the "post only 4 times per day" rule--can result in your character can be taken away from you and being up for grabs.

Rule 9: MINIMIZE mentioning of real-life things, specifically Gainax/Khara as well as Anno, Sadamoto, etc. Not only does it break the Fourth Wall, it disrupts the story's flow. (Besides, drunk Misato-san provides all the entertainment we can ask for. ;)) This is the Eva-verse, after all, NOT the real world.

Rule 10: Similar to the above, playing as Anno, Sadamoto, etc is NOT allowed. Any posts from this point on that have such WILL be edited or deleted. Again, this is the Eva-verse.

The Plot: After the events of The End of Evangelion, the Lilin and Angels try to peacefully coexist since 3rd Impact. The content of this thread will be split up into "sessions", somewhat similar to episodes of the show. (For instance 2 is The Noon Meeting, one session could be if the JSSDF show up, etc)

The Characters/Player list:

The list includes both available and "occupied" characters. Pen-Pen can be played by everybody, provided the other rules are followed. Yui/Eva-01 is off-limits (see above).

Lilin
Aoba [Irken Evangelion]
Asuka [Eric Blair]
Brian Leonard (Original Character. American psychologist from Nerv-01; was transferred to Nerv-HQ) [honsou]
Fuyutsuki [AyrYntake]
Gendo [SSD]

Hikari [Xero102]
Hyuga
Kensuke [TheAyanamiOtaku, provisional]
Kaji [Eric Blair]
Maya (expired 4/07) [BobBQ; SSD: provisional]
Misato [SSD]
Matthew Graham (original character) [Broken Angel]
Rei/Lilith [TheAyanamiOtaku]

Ritsuko [majlund]
Ryu Yamato (original character) [Eternally Lost Zeppo]
Shinji [SSD]

Toji (abandoned 2/19) [Eric Blair: provisional]
Yae Satsuki Triton (Original character. Eva-04 Pilot/technically the 5th Children) [Formless One]
Other Possibilities

Angels
Arael (expired December '08) [AsukaChan]
Armisael (expired 4/04) [Anti-Goth; TheAyanamiOtaku: provisional]
Bardiel (abandoned) [Sachi_13]
Gaghiel [Lucretius]
Ireul [AyrYntake]
Israfel [AyrYntake]
Kaworu/Tabris/Adam [TheAyanamiOtaku]

Leliel (expired December '08) [AsukaChan]
Matarael [Formless One]
Ramiel (expired 6/20) [jenova7]
Sachiel [Sachi_13]
Sahaquie[AsukaChan]
Sandalphon [Formless One]
Shamshel [Eric Blair]
Zeruel [honsou]

+ blue = (one of) someone's primary character(s); "active"
+ green = "expired" or abandoned character with a provisional player; date of expiration listed for reference purposes; both "official" player and provisional player listed
+ dark red = expired or abandoned character with no activity; (former) "official" player listed; date of expiration or abandonment listed for reference

This post will be edited as needed
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 27 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Session 2: The Noon Meeting

"Now then.", Misato seriously said, looking around the lobby that contained all the apartment residents before giving a warm smile. "Thank you all for making it here. To cut to the chase..." She cleared her throat and continued.

"All of us, whether we like it or not, are here, alive--because it's where we wanted to be. While the scars of the past continue to sting, we need to be stronger than that. Maya-chan," she nodded at the 24 year old, who solemnly nodded in reply. "Informed me that an ally of ours, Smith-kun, is gone. Since we don't know where he is, there's no way of knowing if he's missing or even dead. But, I do know he was a strong believer in fighting against the odds to ensure a happy future. Be honest. Ask yourselves right now, why are you here? What will make you a happy and healthy person today and tomorrow?"

Misato's brown eyes quietly focused on Shinji and Asuka. The boy fidgeted nervously at that. "This doesn't mean using people as an excuse to run away from reality, although there's nothing wrong with finding happiness together. Nor does it mean ignoring what our friends and family want so they can live their lives the way they choose. Learning from our mistakes, understanding the pain and pleasure of life, they are all a part of growing up--of living."

The purple haired woman brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, thinking about what else she wanted to say. "If we want to continue living, we need to work together. Whether it's maintaining our supplies, keeping watch at night for possibly dangerous returnees, or simply helping people help themselves with their problems--"

Shinji fidgeted again at those words, wincing slightly. Does she really have to reference me?

"--let's keep in mind that there IS strength in numbers, alright, everyone?"

She let out a breath and smiled again. "Now, if I missed anything or somebody else has something to say, feel free to do it now."

After Misato was finished talking, Shinji was lost in thought, taking the woman's words into account. Smith-san could be missing, huh? That just proves I need to stop being selfish. Misato-san's right. Although Asuka's near me, I can't neglect the others because of wanting to be with her or being wrapped up in my own little world. She...she ran away from me earlier. I...I need to do what I can so Asuka and the others don't start hati...hating me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Bumped so this thred isn't neglected T_T

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:43 pm

So, everybody's here, huh....? Shinji found himself eying the members of the apartment as some began speaking up about things, others lost in their own private conversations. I find that somewhat hard to believe, considering Kaworu-kun is...Kaworu-kun is....

What caught his eye in particular was a very feminine looking girl, standing near the troubled looking Sachiel, who was sitting next to the former angel "Shammy", as she was given the nickname.

As Shinji stared at the white-silver haired girl, he couldn't help but feel a strong sense of familiarity, of being safe.... Yet, this girl was a total stranger, so why...? Gently putting his hand on the girl's shoulders, the girl looked at him.

Red eyes met blue, causing Shinji to let out a strangled sounding noise in reply. As irony, as luck would have it...Shinji was looking at none other than...

Gulping as their eyes continue to stay locked, focused on only each other, the brown-haired boy proceeded to open his mouth, hurriedly trying to speak, only to let out squeaks that sounded more like stuttering. Frustrated at himself, Shinji knew he had to give not being able to speak time, but...

Wanting to express his joy, his happiness in in some way, Shinji gave Kaworu a tight, warm, hug, wrapping his arms around the girl's shoulders. The young boy silently cried into Kaworu's shoulder, overwhelmed but happy that his best friend, the first person to tell him he is loved and worthy of regard, of love, was home. Finally home.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 am

(OOC: Thank you The Cure for inspiring this post with your song, "Prayers for Rain". I think people will not be disappointed, even though the post is short.)

Adam, Lost and Found
Session Premier

Take me back. Take me back when I knew nothing.

Lilith, dressed in a translucent white collared shirt. Staring at me, trying to smile, but forgetting which muscles to relax and tense. Silently crying, her tears are falling out of her crimson eyes, falling down her cheeks, falling down her chin, falling to the floor. She looks so cold.

I patiently observe Misato. She complements my old opinions...so they haven't been very productive. With Smith vanished I have one less pillar of support...hmp, but I cannot focus on my memories forever.

Hello Shinji, do you recognize me?

Placing a hand to his should, I wait for his reply-

He is mute? But- but he does recognize what I was...a-and...ah, my arms! He is holding them in place with his bracing hug...alright Shinji....alright. It's good to see everyone again. The desolate void used to be comforting when I did not see other living beings. I release my hold on my facial muscles and relax into a natural smile.

How many things have deteriorated after my leave? Will my arrive have any effect on this...this darkness? How much of this negativity has Lilith caused?! ...I want to believe that "Yui"'s whispers were wrong. I want to, but, who else could've done this? Sachiel is collapsing and swallowing himself...everyone else's eyes seem distant and devoid of...hop..hope- NO!

Lilith, dressed in a long sleeved, translucent white collared shirt, and a pair of pitch black worn out jeans. Staring at me, trying to smile, but forgetting which muscles to relax and tense. Silently crying, her tears are falling out of her crimson eyes, falling down her cheeks, falling down her chin, falling to the floor. She looks so cold.

Something has happened. Nobody is talking. Nobody is truly smiling. Everybody is fading. I can feel something twisted here, breaking people, slowly. Now, as I feel the despair forcing its way through my eyes, through my ears, through my nose, through my mouth into my heart, feeling the cold of death down my throat, resisting all the while, I realize that there are victims here of another Armageddon. Must I stay and watch over everyone forever? What is this...this spirit of disaster?

A parent forevermore? To stand sentinel, alert to despair? And yet, how will they mature into imperfection? Nobody...nobody was with me.

And yet I return here. No, I must give them my guidance. And it has to be temporary. To Lilith I will remain watching, for benefit or curse. In Lilith I see an ally, albeit I cannot fully trust her today. I suddenly feel exhausted, but somebody needs to rise from sleep. I drag my eyes away from the crying Lilith, and softly kiss the top of Shinji's head.

A prayer for the rain, and hope.

TL;DR: Adam questions her reason for existing here, and the reason behind the seemingly ubiquitous despair around the apartment.

(Movement (M): She stares intently at Misato during Misato's speech, and then looks at Rei and smiles. After 10 minutes or less Adam reluctantly pulls away to kiss Shinji at the crown of his head)
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Meanwhile...

A single eye darted quickly in and out of the doorway.

They are all there. Matarael thought. All of them. Perfect.

His ears caught little of the conversation, but his mind made up for it. He wasn't here to eavesdrop, but he heard anyway.

A prayer for the rain. Fitting. The Rain has come, yet you don't notice.

You never did.

Matarael, angel of the rain. Always waiting, always bidding his time. Loathing and resentment that knows patience. A perfect storm.

Physically, he was a sight to look at. Lillim. Tall. Skinny. He wasn't muscular, but dexterously tiptoed towards his target. His clothes, however, made him puff out a little as if to hide his weakness.

And such clothes as his... not made by lillim hands. Black pants. Tight, silent slippers. White, form fitting gloves that looked like an extension of his skin. Most unusual of all was his vest. The reminder of what he once was. Black, and covered with a repeating pattern that resembled eyes. He wore no shirt beneath this vest, but it didn't matter. He enjoyed exposure to the elements.

His face was gaunt and pale. His hair, jet black, drooped over one side to conceal his left eye, and was almost shoulder length.

(OOC; If you have trouble picturing what he looks like, picture a stereotypical emo crossed with a ninja wearing a vest with Matarael's eye pattern all over it.)

He could have come in a different outfit if he had wanted, but this was the most comfortable, the one he had come back in all those days ago. He had lost track of how long ago that was now... but it didn't matter. All that mattered was the present.

I won't fail this time. I won't fail this time. I won't fail this time. I can't fail this time. I refuse to fail. I'm being counted on. I. Cannot. Fail.

Silently, he approached the area where he had seen the apartments residence cooking food. He had seen much from afar, but he couldn't bring himself to come here before. In his shame, he found he couldn't face his siblings... his mother.

NO. Mother is here, but that isn't her. Thats Tabris. Thats Tabris. Its Tabris that is in control. It was always Tabris in control. Mother is with him, but its Tabris in control. I will bring mother out and in control again. But not now. Thats for another day. My plan needs more time. And I am needed. I can't let this opportunity go to waste. They are all in one spot and they are distracted by their feelings. They will never know I was here. My aura his been lowered so much it pains me. But they can't know I was here.

He looked around, searching. He opened one of the strange enclosures the lillim kept food in, as he had done in so many lillim ruins. Finding ramen and rice, he dropped these in a bag he carried. But this was not what he was after. He continued his search.

He came to some containers of water. The precious stuff of life for the lillim. He looked around. This was not what he was looking for either. But a good opportunist does not only look for opportunities to show themselves. He makes his own.

Thats what the lillim told me. The ones that agreed to help me get to mother in my last life. The ones that promised to disable the lillim defenses. They failed. They broke my trust. They killed me. I was inadequate. I would be nothing without the perfect opportunity. Nothing without help. I take their words, at least, to be true. It worked for them. They used me to get their opportunity.

Silently Matarael opened the caps on three of the bottles. He brushed away his hair from his left eye, revealing a grotesque insult to nature beneath. The eye of an angel.

Carefully adjusting the PH, he cried one, two, three tears into each bottle. Enough acid to make one sick, not enough poison to kill. I hope.

The thought occurred to him that one of his siblings might consume his trap. So much the better. They betrayed me. They deserve to suffer for ignoring me. For refusing to help me when I asked for them to come with me to get to mother. For being so much better than me.

He crept to another apartment. The lillim treated their sick and injured here. It can't be far.

Then he saw it. A first aid kit. They were so hard to find in the ruins. And besides, he preferred it this way. Denying his foes the resource. Making new opportunities to exploit in the future. Bringing his plans closer to furition.

He had what he needed for now. Shoving the kit into his bag, he made his way to the exit of this place. He wanted to be away from his brothers. His sisters. His Mother. The irritating lillim and their insufferable mother. To be allowed to once again don his aura in safty. To help the one that needed him.

But he would be back.

The Rain will always return.

(OOC; Summary; Matarael snuck into the apartment complex, stole some food, poisoned three bottles of water enough hopefully to make someone sick without killing them (although the exact amount necessary may not be known by Matarael), and made off with a first aid kit. He showd the ability to lower his AT field, but at pain to himself, as a way to try to hide himself from his families senses. Then he left. I am uncertain how long this took, but I would guess the process, when rushed, is about 30 minitues.)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:06 am

(OOC: Mah Preemptive Arael Post. Keep in mind I wrote all of this in my boredom without Internet, so I didn't have a chance to read these first posts. I edited one line to make it fit in. If anything doesn't fit, please notify me.)

She had been cautiously observing the Lilin settlement for hours now. Her curious, blue eyes tracked their puzzling actions. Their feeble attempts to make connections with one another, only to end up being driven even further apart from each other. But at the same time, they feel the need to try even harder. But what puzzled her the most was the feeling she had that family was near and among them. Had they been turned into this disfigured and ungraceful form as well? Or was she a black sheep to the family, an abomination?

The former Angel of birds felt so exposed like this, in the hideous Lilin body, and stuck on their level, the cold, hard earth. She clutched at her pale purple-ish-pink sweater with long, ragged sleeves, (with ripped ends similar to feathery wings) that hung well passed her waist that seemed out of place compared to how short the torso was, that cut off just before her waist, showing her dark blue shirt fitting past her waist. Two studded belt hung on her waist, over her shirt, not even doing anything to keep up her short, but wavy, dark blue skirt. Loose, knee-high socks had fallen to her ankles, covering the tongue of her brown boots. Mini-Angel Wing ornaments wore on her back, serving no real purpose, other than reminiscence. She clutched at her sweater to feel a sense of security, a basic Lilin instinct.

Rolling onto her back, gazing up to the breezy, blue sky. Her hair moved gently with the wind, with the same emptiness she felt inside. Clouds seemed to be dancing at her. As if mocking her banishment from the heavens. Beckoning her to fly back into the sky and play among them. Oh, how she wished to be dancing along-side them once more. Her blue eyes jealously peered at the birds running amok in what was once her blue playground. Lilin creatures, looking only to mate, feed, sleep and repeat. No room for the elegant offspring of the rightful seed. She couldn't help but feel alone in this Lilin built world.

But when she saw the light come out of her sky and to the roof of the humans's resident building, she knew that it wasn't Lilin.

Mother?

She needed to take a closer look, just to make sure. Standing up from her perch on the top of an abandoned warehouse several blocks away, and without hesitation, she took a single step off the building. Although in this humiliating body, she still retained some of her grace and she landed lightly on her feet, 3 stories down. The alien feeling she had seemed to disappear as she fell through the air, if only for those few seconds, a familiar sense of weightlessness soothed her. The depressing feeling immediately returned to her as soon as she hit the ground. To be trapped onto the earth, a slave to gravity. With no choice but to awkwardly tread down the street like a Lilin, one foot in front of the other.

Once she made it to the roof of the Lilin's neighboring building (After the treacherous stairs and the disability of feet instead of wings), she peered closely at the small group quickly forming through the window to the lobby. Upon closer look at some of the characters among them, there was no doubt. Sachiel and the others had returned. Trapped in their new, fleshy prisons. Arael felt a sudden rush of joy compelling her to fly down there and embrace each of her siblings, but at the same time, fear of the Lilin kept her from budging. Joyous tears filled her eyes, as she clutched the guard rail to hold herself from jumping. She could only watch from a distance, as she had always done.

But what were her siblings doing with the Lilin?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 am

OOC: Well, I had to retrofit some of Asuka's last post here to keep the flow going on. Sadly, it seems the redhead will not catch a break any time soon... The different color is to keep track of who says what.

She could hear Misato giving out orders, and sat next to Shinji, shyly reaching for his hand, clenching it tightly, and smiling weakly at him.

Just as Misato finished speaking, she heard the others begin to talk amongst themselves, and Asuka decided right then and there she would not let this chance slip away like all the others.

"Shinji? I-"

Only to see the boy squeak happily, almost jumping out of his skin and then hugging another girl, something that immediately did not sat well with Asuka. Here she was, trying to say she was sorry, trying to explain and all for what? so that stupid little Shinji could ignore her and instead look at some other bitch that was now hugging him tightly and IF HE'S SO HAPPY WITH HER HE COULD JUST GO AND STAY WITH HER! WHY THE HELL DID HE WANTED ME TO BE HERE AND WHY THE HELL SHOULD I STAY WITH HIM!?

Asuka gasped and got up, hurriedly excusing herself.

"Uhm so-sorry, I need to get some water."

[Misato can ask her to check on the amount of water and food they have right now]

In times of great pressure people would do anything to get their mind of a stressful situation, which was what Asuka was doing right now.

She had been walking on the hallways from one point to the other; just walking and forcing her mind t think of any other thing except...

Shinji

She couldn't deny it, when she had heard from Ritsuko and the new guy, Brian, that Shinji's muteness was stress related, she wanted to run to his side and hug him, hold him, do al those things that she had bitterly remarked he had never done for her.

It had been her chance to prove to Shinji, but mostly to herself she was ready to grow up and let the past be gone, but now, she felt a morbid fascination, wondering idly if Shinji had felt the same way she had felt whenever he had been in the same position as her.

She walked into the room they were using as warehouse and picked a bottle of water, opening it and taking a long drink, clicking her tounge at a slightly metallic taste before she went straight to the bathroom, opening up the faucet and splashing her face with water, trying to alleviate the burning sensation on her body, wondering why she felt so warm, so flushed almost as if...

Asuka stopped, gasping, terrified of what she had thought. Was she so full of bitterness and self hatred she had actually feltHappy at Shinji's current predicament?

"Of course you are happy."

Asuka froze in place, as she looked at the mirror; gone was the the look of remorse and fear in her face, and instead a feral sneer adorned her lips, almost like a rabid animal, baring it's fangs before pouncing.

"Wh-what?"

Asuka stared at herself, unable to say anything, wondering if she was dreaming, if all this had been a dream, somehow hoping she was recuperating from that Asama operation.

"Open your eyes, you wuss." Her own mocking voice said. "You are not asleep, and this is not a dream."

Asuka eyed her wearily, noticing the difference that sneer, those cold eyes and the anger bubbling beneath her skin made in her.

"Thought you could run away?" Asuka continued, still talking at her form the other side of the mirror. "Silly stupid girl. You can never run from me..."

In an instant, Asuka was facing herself, their faces mere inches away, whispering at herself in a quiet, almost intimate way.

"I am you. No matter how much you deny it, or keep trying to make it seem like there were circumstances that made you be me, the truth is, I am you."

"N-no." Asuka said softly. "I... I was angry, b-but I... I changed... I chose to.... I came back be-"

"Oh yes." She answered herself back, the tone in her voice clearly that of boredom. "I know you did, I know why you came back. Pretty stupid reason if you ask me."

"Leave me alone."

Asuka blinked at the harsh whispered plea, before she chuckled, holding her sides and bending over, laughing in an over exaggerated fashion.

"What?"

"I said leave me alone, I did what I had to do a-and you... you don't really exist."

"Oh please, tell me you're not doing this..." And then, just as quickly as it had come, she looked back, face livid with anger, eyes full of hatred.

"N-no."

"Listen to you!" Asuka screamed, cutting the explanation and herself off, her face her whole body was trembling with rage and anger as she finally lashed out, focusing all of her anger and her hatred on her

"It's your fault that were here in the first place!" She spit out with disgust, as if the mere notion of talking right now was vile and repulsive. "I saw things I shouldn't have seen and you know what? this is ultimately your fault! and everyone keeps hoping, and saying that we should do our best? What a joke!"

"You'll never leave me behind. Asuka continued, the same crazy look on her face. "So stop fighting it. It felt good to see that idiot's look of tortured pain when you ran away from him. Don't deny it: It made you feel like a little bit of payback was due. Of course, he will be getting some more, but still..." Asuka smiled as she lazily stretched herself.

"It felt really really good." She smirked at herself as she pressed her finger hard against her forehead, almost impaling it inside, smiling cruelly at her own fear stricken face.

"NO!" Asuka shouted back. "I am not like that! all those who see me like that are wrong! I am a good girl!"

"Please! the only reason you settled for stupid, wimpy Baka Shinji was to have him... you never cared for him! you only wanted to have him so no one else could. you only wanted him because Rei or Misato or anyone else could make him happy!"

"I want to be happy!" Asuka shouted back. "He... he makes me happy! and I deserve to be happy!"

"But why should you?" Asuka asked in anger. "Is this, is all of this worth the effort? are we getting better? are we actually willing?"

Asuka looked at her and saw again the cold, eyes of her mother, staring at her like stranger before giggling back and pressing a spoon filled with mashed peas into that stupid dolls hand sewn mouth.

"I'll be back." Asuka said, as her face slowly became the face of her mother, blank eyes and rolling tongue, red rope burns on her neck, and mouth slightly moving before for some reason she felt a burning wetness in her eyes as Kyoko softly moaned out the words...

"Asuka... Die with me..."

Asuka focused her eyes with a start, as she felt the water still running, splashing her fingers, and lost in thought.

Hurriedly, she closed the faucet and toweled her face dry before she walked out, taking another drink of water before walking outside and towards where everyone was still huddling and rallying to see what was the next step to take.

"Hey Shinji?" Asuka began softly. "I'm sorry about running away it's just th-that... uhm..." The redhead shrugged her shoulders, wishing she could say what she really felt.

Instead, she smiled at him again. "So, wanna come with me for more supplies?" She said, turning to Shinji as she jiggled her empty water bottle in the air.

"Uhm... Misato? I think we should send a party to get some supplies..." She said as she raised her and Shinji's hand.

[Misato's Answer]
Last edited by Eric Blair on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:55 pm

"Shinji? I-"

Standing, Asuka had said: "Uhm so-sorry, I need to get some water."

Misato nodded at that, her arms crossed slightly. "Sure. Just come back soon, okay?"

Letting go of Kaworu and turning back around to face Asuka, Shinji blinked from surprise. The redhead was gone.

Shrugging a little to himself, letting out a sigh, Shinji sat, back against the wall smiling at Kaworu.

As others talked, either to the group or in small side discussions, Shinji took a moment to just think about things. We still don't have any electricity or running water, huh? This means we really need to work together to survive, and to be happy...

Before he could think anything else, Asuka suddenly returned, sitting next to him. "So, wanna come with me for more supplies?"

Blushing slightly, Shinji nodded at that. I'd love to be with you...

"Uhm... Misato? I think we should send a party to get some supplies..."

Chuckling a little to herself, Misato nodded. "I've never been able to stop you before once you get your mind set on something, Asuka. Of course you two can go. Does anybody else want to get more supplies or look around?"

Maya slowly raised her hand. "I'll do that myself. It's good if Asuka-chan and the others get general supplies. I think I'm going to double-check what we're running low on."

"Sure. Go ahead, Maya-chan."

Maya excused herself, hurriedly walking upstairs to Shinji's apartment. I know Shinji-kun's not well, but...Asuka's acting strangely. Why did she leave all of a sudden? I wonder what's going on, though I know we're all under stress...

Turning to the mysterious new girl, Misato's gaze was unreadable as she stared the Angel down. At length, the purple haired women finally spoke. "...Kaworu-kun?", she gasped. "We...we thought you were dead!"

Shinji, who was hand in hand with Asuka, stopped in his tracks; he was opening the door for the redhead. So she really is back, huh? I'm not just seeing things? I'm glad...Kaworu-kun. I'm so glad...

(OOC: Shinji wondered where Asuka went off to then he and Asuka decide to go and look for supplies. Misato realizes Kaworu returned while Maya (who's wondering why Asuka is acting strangely) is going upstairs into Shinji's apartment to see what they're getting low on. Shinji and Asuka are still inside the building.)

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Matarael was in a hurry to get out of the apartment complex. He'd heard footsteps in the vicinity of the food pantry where he had been minutes ago.

I can't be found out now, so soon in the game. I've barely started. I can't let them catch me.

He reached the exit on the ground floor. He managed to get it open without making much noise, but the door refused to close without a noticeable clanking sound. But Matarael no longer cared. As soon as he was outside he broke into a dead run away from the complex.

He noted at times like these how much more this vessel suited him. He had never felt worthy of the power that he could have had in his last. He had felt clumsy. He had felt weak compared to his siblings. He was too large to sneak around like he had wanted to do, as he was doing now. Even though he knew in his mind that he was less powerful in this body, he didn't feel weaker. It was not as strong as he knew lillim could be, but the joy of outrunning his previous form, if for a short time, was exhilarating. The excitement to finally be able to sneak into the home of his mother and get away was nothing short of amazing.

And the fact that everyone else was brought to his level made him happy in a way he didn't have the words to express.

When he was a good distance away, and the aura of adam seemed dim enough, he finally donned his own aura. Instantly the mental pain and discomfort vanished. But a new discomfort replaced it. He had made a mistake. He felt the presence of another aura. He didn't know who it was. Had he been found out? He desperately looked around, both with his eyes and with his aura, hoping he would find them before they found him. Reaching into his bag absentmindedly, he drew forth a simple object he had scrounged from the ruins days ago

A knife.

It had proven to be the most useful lillim tool he had come across. It was small, a kitchen knife, but it was the right size to wedge into small cracks. He had also tested its destructive power. It was, he had decided, adequate in case he had to defend himself. It appeared that thrusting it into the target was preferable to slashing like a claw as he had assumed when he had first descovered it. It simply wasn't long enough for the task.

He hoped he wouldn't need it. He knew it was not the most powerful weapon the lillim could create: the missiles that had killed his former body far outstripped it, and he had seen that the lillim had smaller versions that at least one of the apartments residents carried.

And carrying the knife in his hand reminded him of why he needed to get home.

Arael spots him from above and greets him.

He spun around in surprise. He recognized Arael immediatly, much as he had recognized all of his other siblings on sight. He no longer thought much of this strange ability, but he was relieved when he remembered that Arael was not a resident of the apartments.

She probably just got back. I might be able to bluff my way out of this. But I need to exercise caution. She might be able to read my thoughts. Especially if I keep my aura up

Reluctantly, he lowered his aura once more.

"Arael! You chose life too? You look as beautiful now as ever. Come down and lets talk. I was out getting supplies, and I didn't expect to run into anyone."

"How are you?"

(OOC: summary: Matarael fled the vicinity of the apartments as fast as he could when he heard Asuka approaching. He ran into Arael as he was making his way home. He is now trying to bluff and make her think he was part of the apartment. Also, he has a knife, and it has something to do with the reason he wants to get home so badly...)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 am

Arael found herself pacing up and down the roof of the building she'd been using to spy on the apartment and immediately stopped. As antsy as she was, she could not bring herself to go down there to reunite with her siblings for fear of the Lilin. Depriving herself of the happiness she deserved.

She was ultimately bored with watching the Lilin in the lobby. They weren't doing anything interesting other than talking amongst themselves. Mother was in there with them. Communicated quite intimately with one of the Lilin. Arael was curious to know why her Mother and the others were so comfortable among the Lilin now.

"...Kaworu-kun?" A purple-haired Lilin called out to Mother.

Kaworu? Is that the name Mother goes by among the Lilin? The former Angel bit her lip out of curiosity. But I thought the Lilin called her "Adam"?

At that moment, her ears detected a door closing on the outside of the apartment, and moments later, an aura increase. She quickly moved to the other side of the roof and over the edge to see none other than Matarael?

A huge smile swept across her face and she hopped off the side of the building, and to her older brother. Getting close enough, she decided to be a little playful with her brother and sneak up on him. Tip-toeing behind him, a evil smirk filling her face, she finally got close enough to surprise him.

"Just what kind of mischief are you up to now, Matti?" Her older brother flipped around in surprise, just as planned. She had noticed the knife from a far distance, but didn't think twice of it.

"Arael! You chose life too? You look as beautiful now as ever. Come down and lets talk. I was out getting supplies, and I didn't expect to run into anyone." He seemed especially happy to see her. Almost too happy. Almost flattering... Although, his appearance didn't connote happiness. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, brother. I just came from the red shore, and began looking to see if any of our siblings made it." She too lied, for she did not want to admit to being scared of the Lilin. "You were the first I found. I assume you've seen the others too?"

Matarael. Positive response about the others.

"Oh? That's wonderful." She tried to act like hearing that her siblings we also here was something new to her. "Well, if you're busy, I think I'll go meet the others right now, alright?"

Matarael

"Bye bye!" She said with a happy smile as she walked in the general direction of the apartment complex. When she had gotten close enough, her new found confidence to go greet every one of her siblings had faded away and she had made her way halfway up the stairs of her spy building in a matter of seconds. Later. I will later.

--

He didn't remember any of it. Everything that had happened from breakfast to now was a blur. But he felt kinda...happy? Yes, happy now after whatever happened to him within those few hours. Unaware or what really happened. It felt almost like a dream, not all the details were there, any waking up in the same bed he'd used that night.

Sachiel now sat in the lobby, next to Shamshel, watching the others talk amongst themselves.

Shamshel

He wondered why Shamshel was with him now, he still felt kinda nervous around her, and he still didn't know why. He wasn't like this with any of his siblings, or even the Lilin. And she was still in her gym uniform. He had thought she was going to get a new set of clothes while he rested. Perhaps something happened that postponed it.

He looked around. A few people were giving him concerned looks, especially Shamshel. Though, he hadn't the slightest idea why.

"Does anybody else want to get more supplies or look around?"

Sachi looked up to see Misato. Feeling restless, he awkwardly raised his hand. "I-, May I come along?"
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:59 pm

(OOC: This post mentions several things on Ritsuko's pov from this thread http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119197#119197 and http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119230#119230)

"I-, May I come along?"

Noticing Sachiel wake up, Misato blinked from surprise. "Oh! Sachi-kun you're awake? Of course you can, just don't strain yourself. Shamshel and I found you fainted on the roof. Maya will be down in a few minutes with a list of supplies we need, so be sure to get it from her, okay?"

His reply

Turning back to Kaworu, Misato embraced the Angel in a hug. She was honestly grateful that Adam was alive. She and Lilith had both done so much for Shinji, and made him see the truth about things...

"Adam? ....Just what did you see out there? Please...tell me."

Their hands....groping her. Their bodies....touching her, becoming one with her....their expressions locked in smirks as the old men leered while watching her nude form. She wasn't going to show THEM how disgusted and humiliated she felt...

If it's for his sake, I'll do it...

The woman was stronger than that. And she'd be damned if she'd give Seele the satisfaction of watching her squirm.

If it's for his sake, I'll do it...

"But, it was none other than Ikari-kun who sent you here..."

If it's for his sa----- A pause. Some sweat trickled down her exhausted, weary, body. Still, the woman showed no signs of being emotionally broken. Granted, she had been forced to tell them all she knew about that person's plans, yet...The pain she was in. The pain from them and the pain from that....that little blue haired bitch...

I was sent in place of Rei?

As Ritsuko later found out, he had no idea just what humiliation, what disgrace she was subjected to. Yet, it didn't matter. The top scientist of Nerv could sense the end coming. She had gotten her revenge by destroying the dummy system, now if only she could die with her mother at the last moment, after Gendou's betrayal, after his choosing that doll over her, she'd be happy.

"Access denied?! Casper betrayed me!"

The fake blonde stared at the PDA in disbelief, voice stricken with emotion. "Mother...you'd choose your lover over your own daughter?"

Gun raised, aimed at her chest, his eyes were cold. The doll stood behind him, nude, red eyes with slight fear at the situation.

"Akagi Ritsuko-kun, the truth is...I have no regrets concerning my work."

Tears welled up in her eyes at that. The shock...she knew this WAS the truth, and yet...and yet.....

Her cool tears fell down her warm cheeks as she calmly, sadly, replied: "You liar." Ritsuko Akagi didn't even feel the impact of the bullet ripping through her chest as she fell deep into the lake of LCL.

"Um....senpai?"

Ritsuko snapped out of thoughts, drawn back into reality--instead of painful memories--because of Maya's words.

"Y...yes? What is it, Maya?" It took a moment for the woman to regain control of her voice.

"Um...well...I was able to make a list of what we need but..." Letting out a sigh, looking nervous, Maya held up a water bottle. "I found this and now I'm worried. Please take a look at it."

Sachi if he wants to get that list from Maya/maybe commenting how he can't read.

Grabbing the bottle, Ritsuko couldn't help but feel puzzled. "What's so unusual about---" She stopped mid-sentence, her green eyes wide. Water never had a slight yellowish-orange coloring to it.

Mouth dry, Ritsuko breathlessly said, "...This has been tampered with." Maya could only nod in reply, too upset to speak. Misato, standing near Ritsuko and Maya, overheard all this.

"At least nobody drank it but..." Maya's brown eyes suddenly focused on an empty bottle on the floor near her feet, some of the left over contamination dripping back into the bottle's spout. Remembering Asuka drinking from that bottle a few minutes prior, Maya gasped.

"Asuka-chan, do you feel alright?"

"Of course I'm alright." Asuka answered, staring at the bottle in her feet. "T-the water tasted funny, but nothing more."

Looking worried, Misato instantly turned to the residents, eyes hard. "This isn't the time to accuse anybody with what happened, but apparently the water's been contaminated. Because of this, any supplies that are brought back need to be double-checked by Ritsuko, Kaji, or myself. Alright?"

Shinji's eyes were wide. Asuka could be sick? Oh no...what do I do? His grip tightened on Asuka's hand, hoping to remind her that he was there for her. I have to be strong. I have to be.

(OOC: Misato asks Adam just what happened after her death; if she was aware of anything. Ritsuko flashback to events in the past/her rape. Maya notices the contaminated bottles of water, but nobody knows yet about their medical supplies being cut short (they didn't check the sick room). Shinji worries about Asuka but hopes he can be strong for her.)
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 pm

"I'm fine, brother. I just came from the red shore, and began looking to see if any of our siblings made it. You were the first I found. I assume you've seen the others too?"

"Yes I have. In fact, we've all been congregating in that building over there. I believe the lillim call it an apartment complex. Its been easy, finding everyone thanks to our auras. Even Tab- er, mother is there." He could feel a small trickle of sweat run down his forehead. Would she notice? No one else knew his feelings about Tabris.

Fortunately his Freudian slip went unnoticed.

"Oh? That's wonderful. Well, if you're busy, I think I'll go meet the others right now, alright?"

He nodded in response. He truly didn't want to be held up any longer. He was acutely aware of his hand squeezing his knife tightly. He had to get home. It was frustrating, and he had the uncomfortable urge to stab something. Arael was a lot like him, in a way. She too was always observing things from afar, understanding things before making her move. He admired that. But where was she when he needed help? Floating above the stratosphere lazily. He didn't want to hate her for it... she truly was a kind soul, in his opinion. But still the urge had come and passed, and soon he forgot.

As soon as she was gone, he continued his trek home at a brisk pace. He didn't live too far, only a few blocks away in a third story loft. He had chosen it specifically for its good vantage point for seeing intruders coming along the street. Flying up the stairs, he didn't stop running until he got to the third story. He never let go of the knife, urging himself to move despite the fatigue in his body.

He finally made it to the apartment. I'm home, was all he could think.

The place was not as nice as the apartments everyone else was living in. In fact, the lillim might have said it was a downright mess. There was a table that was cluttered with all manner of things scrounged from the ruins. Batteries, books, half finished food, waterbottles, a set of kitchen knives like the one in his hand, melted candles, photos of lillim, and a plush T-Rex all littered the surface. There was an area of the floor that seemed to have been set aside for extra clothes that had been sorted into piles of different types. Oddly, there was an entire type that was obviously too small for Matarael. A pillow lay strewn on the floor where it leaked stuffing from several holes: it had been the victim of Mataraels knife tests. The walls and some of the furniture had suffered a similar fate. To the society that had once lived in this part of the world, this would be an unredeemable disaster of a mess. But Matarael didn't care: this was all his, handpicked and organized the way he liked it.

Without thinking, Matarael dropped his bag on a chair and finally put down his knife on a clean spot on the table. Reaching into his bag, he retrieved the med kit. Opening it up, he confirmed that it had everything he needed.

Closing the kit, he got up and walked into the next room. Sitting on a couch was a small boy who was clutching a rag that had been wrapped around his right hand. From it dripped blood into a small puddle on the mattress. The boy didn't seem to notice as he looked up at his guest.

"Big brother! Your home!"

"I said I would always return, Sandalphon, and I meant it."

Staring at the little redhead, an honest smile broke over Mataraels face.

Edit:(OOC: Summary: Matarael responded to Araels question honestly, then proceeded to run home. Once there, we see how he has been living. Enter Sandalphon.)
Last edited by Formless One on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm

There were a lot of things Shamshel didn't really, truly understood of this world and it's inhabitants.

Like the need to wear clothes; She remembered when she opened her eyes the first time and she had realized she was corporeal, she had felt more at ease moving, stalking her prey waiting from the shadows, watching after them.

Until she realized they were her siblings and the man with them was one of the survivors.

She had been told that she needed to cover her body up, and Shamshel had thought they meant some sort of protective armor: something strong and impenetrable, like plates of armor.

Instead she had been given a white and red ringer t-shirt with with a pair of red shorts that had three white stripes on the side.

It wasn't that she didn't like it, but honestly, from Shamshel's point of view

Now, as she heard the purple haired woman, Misato, talk about duties, and responsibility, feeling Sachiel's form resting against her, Shamshel felt the need to be more active.

Just as she was about to say something, she saw the redhead girl, Asuka, come back after she had almost ran away. There was something ... odd.... about her, but...

"Uhm... Misato?" Asuka had started saying, almost with a shy demeanor that seemed out of place. "I think we should send a party to get some supplies..."

Misato nodded with a small chuckle. "I've never been able to stop you before once you get your mind set on something, Asuka." she smiled before accepting Asuka's suggestion, asking if anybody else wanted to go, her answer coming from the mousy-looking younger woman, Maya, who slowly raised her hand.

"I'll do that myself. It's good if Asuka-chan and the others get general supplies. I think I'm going to double-check what we're running low on."

When Misato nodded again, Shamshel waited for a a few seconds before she tired it again.

This time she was interrupted by Sachiel's voice.

"I-, May I come along?"

Shamshel stared cautiously at Sachiel... wondering what laid beneath the mask; was he blinking sleepily? Was he staring at Misato with calm eyes? For some reason, that burning sensation on her face came again every time she was in such close contact with him, but right now, it felt that more present. She looked down at her folded feet, and ran a hand on her bare legs, snapping slightly the elastic of the leg trims of the bloomers she was wearing.

"Oh! Sachi-kun you're awake?" Shamshel heard Misato's voice again, and she could hear sh heard Sahiel's low voice grumble something as a response.

"Of course you can, just don't strain yourself. Shamshel and I found you fainted on the roof."

Shamshel felt the warmer feeling on her cheeks and body grow as Misato mentioned her name alongside Sachi's, making the young angel look down, trying to hide her face with her hair, listening idly as Misato said that Maya would be down shortly with a list of supplies needed. Almost as if she had been summoned, Maya appeared looking slightly worried, with two bottles of water on her hand, reaching for the blond, both talking in whispered, hushed voices, before Maya turned to look at Asuka, gasping.

"Asuka-chan, do you feel alright?"

"Of course I'm alright." Asuka answered, staring at the bottle in her feet. "T-the water tasted funny, but nothing more."

Thee was a way in how she ended this that made it clear Asuka did not wanted to be asked anything further, and judging by the way she turned ar sat next to Shinji, it was obvious she was done with the questions.

A brief silence held over like a shroud before Misato turned to address the small group, face and eyes and voice hard and commanding.

"This isn't the time to accuse anybody with what happened, but apparently the water's been contaminated. Because of this, any supplies that are brought back need to be double-checked by Ritsuko, Kaji, or myself. Alright?"

Shamshel looked around with alarm. This was an attack for her, and his could mean someone was trying to...

Sighing, Shamshel raised her hand, before she began to speak in a soft voice.

"Uhm... s-so it seems we must be ready for possible attacks." She said, addressing Misato. "I propose we create some sort of weapons... we can sharpen bamboos or other wooden branches into lances, they can be used for fishing as well as for defense if needed be."

She felt all the eyes on her but decided to, for once, allow herself to be who she really was. "We might also need to start getting some more water and supplies."

OCC: Shammy wants to start making some sort of weapons to defend themselves. Asuka is not aware that she drank the water, but I think Ritusko/Maya might have her under observation. Dunno if she'll trip again since the surprise element has been effectively taken off, but...
Last edited by Eric Blair on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Sighing, Shamshel raised her hand, before she began to speak in a soft voice.

"Uhm... s-so it seems we must be ready for possible attacks." She said, addressing Misato. "I propose we create some sort of weapons... we can sharpen bamboos or other wooden branches into lances, they can be used for fishing as well as for defense if needed be."

She felt all the eyes on her but decided to, for once, allow herself to be who she really was. "We might also need to start getting some more water and supplies."

Misato nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea, Shammy. Kaji and myself, I think Ritsuko too already have weapons on hand so we're fine. But.." Eyes distant, arms crossed, Misato's brown eyes seemed to look beyond...

The woman's voice had gone soft. "But...I just don't like the idea of fighting. Not anymore. Not after I discovered that we're all the same deep down."

Looking up, her brown eyes met Shamshel's red ones, the girl's red hair with magenta highlights hitting the light, Misato addressed the Angel--as if they were the only two in the room--in a gentle, even, voice. "I don't want there to be anymore tragedies. If possible, I'd like our people to live in solidarity. It may sound idealistic, yet I believe a future together is possible for us all."

A tap on her shoulder. Blinking, Misato broke out of her intense yet almost motherly gaze and turned to the person who got her attention. Shinji holding a piece of paper. Misato picked it up, reading the notebook paper quietly to herself. "Is it okay if Asuka and I go to the store along with Sachiel and whoever else? I'll promise to look after for her."

Nodding, she let out a slightly bitter laugh. "It's not like we know what's going to happen anyway. Maybe Asuka will be fine, after all. You two and Sachiel can go, just please stick together."

Her eyes hardened as she looked up at the door, brushing a strand of purple hair away from her face. "Not even three days back and already some sicko is trying to hurt us. It makes me sick."

Shaking a little, Shinji grabbed a hold of Asuka's slightly cold hand. He nodded at Sachiel, who held the list supplies needed, and then headed out the door, Asuka still holding his hand.

Sachiel response/leaving to catch up with the two. Maybe Shammy and/or Touji and Kensuke decide to tag along due to strength in numbers and boredom.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:50 pm

(OOC: Thanks to Eric for helping me partly get over my stupid writer's block.)

Walking outside with Asuka and the others insert people here who decided to tag along in tow, Shinji let out a breath.

Although it was difficult to put into words (not that he could speak again anyway), Shinji was overjoyed that Kaworu was alive again, safe and sound. His cheeks turned red as he thought about Adam's soft lips pressing into his chestnut brown hair, as the Angel comforted the boy... Kaworu-kun...I really do love you. I wonder how Aya...how Rei feels about Kaworu-kun being back? I've never noticed any hostility between those two, but there could have been at some point...I really don't know much about either of them. I want to, but I don't... Kaworu-kun I only really knew for a few days so that makes sense...but I've already known Rei for almost a year and I barely understand her...Will that ever change?

Yawning a little, he stretched his arms as the afternoon sunlight warmed his body. Anyway, I hope we won't only focus on surviving. That'd be...boring, really. Exploring more of the surrounding area would be good. Maybe there are more returnees out there...

Maya's voice suddenly broke Shinji's thoughts. His eyes met the young woman's, who walking slightly ahead of the others. "It's best for us to get some supplies at a supermarket. Is there one around here, Shinji-kun?"

Thinking a moment, he nodded, pointing in the direction they had to go to reach the store. She nodded in reply, then at length spoke again. "Alright then... Um, by the way..." Shinji looked at the woman curiously.

"Don't worry about losing your voice, Shinji-kun.", Maya smiled warmly at him. "I'm sure you'll be back to normal in no time. Just be sure that you don't overwork yourself; it's times like these that you need to really take care of yourself. And, we're here if you need any help with things, okay?"

Shinji nodded in reply, thankful that mostly everybody had been kind to him since this happened.

As Maya walked on ahead into the large supermarket, Shinji noticed a warm, soft hand holding his. He blinked and looked up, blue eyes meeting Asuka's. Blushing, Shinji quickly looked away, fidgeting slightly, although he was obviously smiling. His heart pounded a little faster while Asuka excitedly chatted about things. Maybe she's not sick after all. I know I'm still sick in the head, but...Asuka's acting pretty normal, I think.

Asuka

Entering the store with Asuka and the others, Maya looked around, somewhat surprised. "Wow, I remember this store! They'd import goods from overseas, like from England or America." The former operator of Nerv noticed how depressed Asuka suddenly looked. Was there a way she could cheer the redhead up? "Maybe you can find some food and things from Germany, Asuka."

Asuka response

"Actually, we might as well split up while we're in here to cover more ground. Shinji-kun, if you don't mind, could you help me look for the first aid kits? This place is like a maze, I can't see the medical supply section anywhere." Nodding, Shinji obediently walked in front of Maya, leading the way.

OOC: Shinji thinks a little bit about Rei and Kaworu while he goes with Maya and the others to a nearby Supermarket. Asuka seems a little depressed while the small group splits up as they look around the store for supplies.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Character Intro!

Postby Formless One » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 pm

A lone figure stumbles up the street. A shadow, cast upon a wall: she stops and stares at it. The shape, the first human shape she had seen since...

She moves on. It was only herself, and she had no time to look in the mirror that shows nothing.

Her hand moves up to her neck absentmindedly and fondles a small, square object. The last object she remembered seeing before she...

"I don't remember everything being so bright and heavy, Mr. Draper." she says to no one.... no... she speaks to the object draped over her shoulders. She speaks, and a bird caws. Startled, she reacts by talking. "Is it the bluejays, commander? Or the hawks? I hope its not the crows that greet us. I hate crows. They are ugly. I don't want to see crows. I don't want to see crows! I wanted to see again, but I didn't want to see crows!"

Upset, she holds onto the object around her neck for support. "I don't want to see crows." she says to herself, over and over, alternating obliviously between Japanese and English, still holding onto the object on her neck. After several minutes of this, she calms down. " We gotta keep moving commander. No, don't worry about me, I'll be fine. If we keep moving we might find people. And food. I need food. Are you hungry?"

She keeps trundling through the streets. She stops to look carefully at a sign. "Kanji?! Oh, I hate reading Kanji. Commander, do you know what this symbol means? No? I didn't think you did. We were getting there, I think. It was Japanese lessons on thursday, every thursday. Swimming on fridays, karate on mondays. And school at eight in the morning, ends at three o-clock." She says this as if by habit, as if it will help her somehow. "What day is today?" she looks down at her arm on a spot where the skintight yellow fabric is torn open. Seven red scars lined up in a row show clearly on her pale skin. "Saturday. The day it happened..."

For a moment she seems... sad. But the appearance fades. "Gotta move on. We've only been out of that thing for a day. Enough sleeping. I'm hungry. I wish that woman was here. She seemed like she wanted to say something, but couldn't. I want to know what she wanted to say. But, she's dead now. I'll never know. I'll never know..."

"I can't cry. Not again. Not now. I'm hungry. Why aren't you hungry, Commander Draper? You're never hungry."

She perks up. She hears something.

In Japanese.

"...we might as well split up while we're in here to cover more ground. Shinji-kun, if you don't mind, could you help me look for the first aid kits? This place is like a maze..."

"People!! There are people over there! Commander there are people!" She cries, over and over, as if its a mantra. Running, she moves towards the sound. She trips, she seems to move ungracefully as if her muscles are foreign to her. The thing around her neck is in her left hand now, and she chatters at it animatedly as she picks herself up, oblivious to the scrapes and the new tears in her skintight suit. She keeps running until she reaches a building where the noise is coming from. She stops to read a sign at the top of the building. " And food too!!! This must be heaven?"

The object in her hand doesn't respond in English. Or any other language, for that matter. To everyone else, its just a pair of fuzzy dice.

(OOC SUMMARY: the new character is wandering towards the supermarket where the gathering party is now. She keeps talking the whole time to a pair of fuzzy dice that are draped around her neck about various things, such as her hunger, her schedule, the "place" where she came from and "That Woman". She moves like someone who's body is weak and tired.

And BTW, sorry for doing this in present tense, which I am aware some people hate. From now on its past tense. I did it for dramatic purposes this time.)
Last edited by Formless One on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:43 pm

(OOC: I'm sorry. I'm having major writer's block or motivational lackage, and I haven't been able to write anything decent. So I just threw this in to get my characters caught up.)

Noticing Sachiel wake up, Misato blinked from surprise. "Oh! Sachi-kun you're awake?" He blinked groggily in reply, uttering a faint grunt. Had he been alseep? If so, he didn't remember going to sleep. But he also had no idea how he'd gotten here practically in Shamshel's lap. But it didn't bother him a single bit. He felt at ease like this. At that moment, he felt something fall from his hand, no something pulling itself from the hand he did not raise. Shamshel quickly slipped her hands into her lap, looking down. But he was too tired to think twice about it.

"Of course you can, just don't strain yourself. Shamshel and I found you fainted on the roof. Maya will be down in a few minutes with a list of supplies we need, so be sure to get it from her, okay?"

"Oh, I'm sorry....Have I caused more trouble?" He'd already been enough trouble with the elevator. He felt bad for still being a thorn in their sides.

Standing up, he yawned and stretched, waiting for his vision to completely return. Before he could really finish, Asuka, Shinji and the others were already leaving, so he quickly ran to catch up.

--

Meanwhile, Bardiel managed to get out of that so called "meeting" without anybody noticing, and had been strolling down the beach. He was now barefooted, so he could feel the sand between his toes as he took each step., and shirtless to feel the light breeze brush upon him. It was a pain to be around so many people. Especially if they did not respect him the way he should be respected.

One day though...one day...
- Sachi

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:58 am

(OOC: Catching up time)

Adam, Rebuilt

A hug by...by Mi..Misato (that's her name), and

"Adam? ....Just what did you see out there? Please...tell me."

"What did I see? Well..."

I can't help but grin. Such a silly habit.

"I saw an acquaintance, but I do not know for sure if she was fully real. Regardless, she had messages for me, which confirmed my beliefs to return home. And...and I received other messages as I returned, along the way..."

I wink at Lilith, who seemingly understands and twists her face into a portrait of disbelief...strange, she never shows much emotion. But she's still tearing...

"...possibly sent to remind me to return home quicker. I was slightly distracted by a nearby planet's cloud cover. It was pretty, with its bands and swirls and...anyhow-"

I turn to Lilith to check on her emotional state and...she's blushing?

Well...it's not that uncommon...before all of us convened here, Armisael flew into my arms, not waiting for me to touch the roof..

Armisael, Dream

I flew straight for her, flying at outstretched arms. Mother, you've returned...and...and I feel at peace again. I feel your arms encircle my vessel. I don't fear anything anymore. I'm...I back in Paradise.

My inertia pushes both of us off the roof away from the apartment toward the ground, as I hold her tight and cry tears of rapture. And she speaks:

"I missed you too, Armisael."

And Adam fluidly flies both of us, corkscrewing roughly, zooming around the apartment, flying high and free-falling down; feeling the wind buffet our vessels, and feeling the teardrops take flight in all directions. We land on the roof, and I have to be pried twice off her. She peels me off from her, and I disobey and run into her warmth again. Mother smiles and blushes. I suppose she forgets how much she is needed her, but she whispers...

"Hold my hand, and let us walk to the meeting together."

I release my hug and grasp her hand, and we step off the roof to fly down to the lobby. It's going to be a very beautiful day....

Adam, Rebuilt (Continued)

Maybe she is being genuine. Maybe she is flaunting an untruth around to look true.

"Regardless, I am here, at everyone's service once more. I regret that I have not returned earlier. My acquaintance demanded my full attention, and that was at the cost of time lost with Lilith's and my children."

I half-dodged my way around mentioning Yui, but I am sure Misato can figure it out by herself. Returning to silence, I observe the conversation between Asuka, Misato, and now Sachiel and Shamshel. Someone's poisoned the water...how curious. I was feeling slightly thirsty, but not anymore.

"Uhm... s-so it seems we must be ready for possible attacks. "I propose we create some sort of weapons... we can sharpen bamboos or other wooden branches into lances, they can be used for fishing as well as for defense if needed be."

Yes...

"We could harness my children's auras to accelerate bamboo shards at transonic or possibly supersonic rates for defense...if our opponent is Lilim. But I highly recommend we identify this foreigner before we take any offensive action."

I close my eyes and picture a bamboo forest, not too far from here. I picture a single bamboo tree. Focusing onto this one tree, I feel the roots rise from the earth. I feel the trees next to this one dance madly as the dirt gets moved around. There, it is completely out...out of the ground, and I...I...Oops.

The bamboo tree that I recently uprooted has traveled its many kilometers in a few seconds, and has crashed through the lobby's glass window. However, I have kept the shards suspended in the air, and carefully align them back and fuse them all together. The bamboo tree lies on the floor, completely intact and half-buried into the floor. Personal best.

Discarding the roots, branches, and leaves, I pull the tree out of the ground, set it on the floor, and will the (roughly ten meter?) body to continually half itself into sixty fourths of itself. I pick up the small block, one sixty fourth of the original length, and split the small cylindrical piece into thousands of thin slivers, and set them on the ground. I do the same for the remaining sixty three.

Toothpicks of doom...no, too long to be a toothpick. I don't think we will need this many....

Lilith turns, her tears finally satisfied of committing suicide off of her cheeks. Red eyes staring at my toothpicks of doom, Lilith quietly remarks

"I don't want any of my children to be hurt either, unless we exhaust all other options. W-we should try to convince this newcomer our ways o-of unification and p-peace."

"Lilith speaks correctly. I will accompany a group to gather supplies, or bamboo weapons, or-"

And I suddenly remember what I was thinking about.

"What is fishing?"

(OOC: TL;DR: Adam converses with Misato and shares part of her venture in Space. During the talk, Adam winks knowingly at Lilith, (who is still crying) who jumps and looks shocked, and then relaxes back to her usual emotionless face but starts to blush. Adam talks a little more, closes his eyes, and a 10m bamboo tree crashes into the window and buries itself into the floor. Adam repairs the window and changes the bamboo tree into thousands of small spears to be used as projectile weapons for her children. Rei eyes the spears and talks for the first time after the meeting. Adam concurs with her comment, expresses interest in accompanying a search group, and inquires on the subject of fishing.)
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:30 am

Sandalphon didn't know what Big Brother was doing. He had opened a briefcase of some sort and was currently reading a bottle of some kind. Sandalphon was curious. Moments before he had been sitting there, uncertain of if Matarael would return. But he had promised that when he returned, he would make his hand better. But how would this make it better?

“Alright. This is iodine. The biology books I read said that this can be used as an antibiotic, but it said it would hurt. I'm going to put it into the inside of the bandage so the cut doesn't get infected.”

“Infected?”

“It means that these little tiny lillim creatures too small for the eye to see will invade and try to hurt your body from the inside. Hold out your hand”

Without thinking, Sandalphon stuck out his left hand.

“No, silly! Your other hand! The one thats bleeding.”

“But you said it would hurt! How do I know it'll get infected if I can't see them?”

“I don't kno- wait, I got it! Use your aura! The lillim are tiny, but I bet you can feel them if you really concentrate! So close your eyes, and focus really hard.”

“OK. I'm focusing. Focusing. I think I can feel something- no thats you. Focus, focus, focus. I can feel it! I can- OWWW!” He opened his eyes and saw Matarael applying the bandage. Now his hand burned like crazy. And Sandalphon was born in MAGMA.

“Quit squirming!” Matarael said irritably, ”I said it would hurt. You said you could feel the lillim creatures, didn't you? You don't want them to hurt you, do you?”

“But why does it have to hurt me to hurt them?”

“I don't know! Just try to ignore it. This is what you get for playing with my knifes.”

Sandalphon stopped squirming instantly. Matarael finished wrapping the bandage around the wound. He felt a pit in his stomach when the thought occurred to him that he might have hurt Sandalphon's feelings. Of all the siblings he had, Matarael didn't want to hurt Sandalphon. He was too young at heart. He looked young. He couldn't place it, but knowing he was Sandi's “Big Brother” made him feel needed. It made him feel responsible. No one had been there for Matarael, but Sandalphon didn't deserve the same treatment. No one did.

His siblings wouldn't understand. He wondered how they would be treating Sandalphon right now. Would they care? Would they feel compassion? Would they understand his suffering? Zerul would probably let him suffer it on his own, to see if he was strong enough. Arimisal would be too tied up in her own loneliness and problems, too self centered to know what to do. Sachi would likely want to help, but wouldn't have the brains to figure out how to help. Arael would observe, wanting to help, but not understand suffering enough, even when it was caused by her own actions, to know there was a problem. Tabris...

Tabris had already set a bad enough example. Matarael didn't have to guess what he would do.

“Its over Sandalphon. I'm sorry it hurt. Don't play with it now!”

“Just like I shouldn't play with knives?”

“Exactly. Its for your own safety. And don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. I won't be mad. I promise”

“Now, how would you like a cookie?”

“I would love it!” All thought of pain left Sandalphons mind instantly. He loved cookies.

Matarael didn't know what exactly his siblings would do in a situation like this. But Matarael knew exactly what he would always do. Be a good Big Brother.

==============================================

Yae looked back down from the sign. The voices had come from in here, she was sure of it. She didn't think twice about if they would be happy to see her or not. She hadn't seen a human face in ages. She wouldn't look back. She stumbled inside through the doors. She saw a woman giving orders to a group of kids about Yae's age. The woman was busy giving instructions to the younger kids.

Suddenly, Yae's confidence drooped unexpectedly. She could feel her knees shake. She could feel the sweat drops on her dehydrated forehead, and the hungry pit in her stomach. In a meek voice, she summoned back enough of her courage to call out to them.

“Can... can I... can I j-join you?”

She forgot she was talking in English.

(OOC SUMMARY: Matarael treats Sandalphons hand. He apparently can read. We hear about what kind of relationship the two of them have. Meanwhile, Yae summons the courage to confront the scavenging group.)

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Lilith, At Long Last
Premiere

Against reason, thought, and hope. It was only a dream.

I see her and I start to cry. Silently, without a sound, for I dare not bring excessive attention to me. They trickle down and fall off my cheeks and chin, or slide down my neck and onto my breast. I watch her intently, as she stares at Misato. I see Shinji rejoice in her return. I cry for her return, I cry for seeing her again, I cry for my love, I cry for her new vessel, more beautiful than the last. I feel an urge, a desire to confess everything to her.

Adam....it's really you...isn't it...Adam.

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks, how embarrassing...Adam observes in curiosity. But no matter.

Everything is going to get better now. Adam is home. Everything will be perfect...like...like how it was before. Different but the same.

After the tears of rapture conclude themselves...I continue to look at her. Comment on Adam's statement. I feel like I am in a dream, floating on an infinite sea of bliss.

I guess dreams shape the world...

The group hunting for supplies. Well, if something happens, then Adam will help them out.

"Lilith speaks correctly. I will accompany a group to gather supplies, or bamboo weapons, or- what is fishing?"

"The group hunting for supplies have already left if you wanted to join them, Adam."

"Oh. Well...let us travel!"

"I will join Lilith and Adam."

Armisael volunteers too...perhaps to stay with Adam. The three of us catch up to the group by levitating to their position, a small store, with Adam bringing her...projectiles, who follow her like magnetic slivers. We seem to not attract too much attention.

A new Lilim enters whom I have not recognized before. She walks through the door. Adam levitates her makeshift bamboo projectiles slightly above the ground. I...I grasp Adam's hand tightly, and project

"Adam, have you not considered my thoughts on this matter? Do not harm her."

She does not say anything, voice or projection, but lowers the spikes and unhooks my hand from hers. Her face seems emotionless...no more smiling or grinning. Just a cold....hard...grimace.

“Can... can I... can I j-join you?”

...an American? Here?

I can speak English.

"If you do not wish to harm any of us. There are some here who...who are gifted with special abilities and-"

Adam interjects in English, with a slight German accent

"-are not of Lilin origin. We are here peacefully. We have come to the conclusion that coexistence ensures the survival of both of our species, and the eventual sharing of this planet."

I continue, as dispassionate as I can manage

"What is your name? Do you know any other survivors?"

(OOC: TL;DR: Rei has a short soliloquy regarding Adam, and replies to her earlier comments. Leaves lobby with Armisael and Adam to catch up with the group at the shop, notices Yae, restrains Adam, and begins conversation with Yae in English)
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Return to “Role-Playing Related”