Has anybody else finished Shinji Ikari Raising Project?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:I heard from someone on the net that you can download the Japanese unicode program or something like that for translating moonspeak. True/False?

Hmm, doesn’t the Unicode program make it so you can see other languages on your comp (ie: make it so Japanese characters aren’t represented as blocks on your comp)? At least that was my understanding of it. So if that's the case I don't think that will help to much.

If you meant translation SIRP, I’m pretty sure that’s false, as I talked to one of my old teachers, who knows a decent amount of programming code. IIRC You need to crack the cd with some program to get the base code in a readable .txt file, then in order to translate you gota look though the piles of code and find what needs to be translated.
If it was some language other then Japanese it’s still really hard but doable. With Japanese however, since there language is recognized in pictures the comp recognizes it as dots, so each dot makes up a tiny part of the character, you would need to find out each dot meant (or something like that). He laughed and said that’s almost impossible (for him and me anyway).
A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes, but to get into accord with them; they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love. -Sigmund Freud
If someone offered you a pill that would make you permanently happy, you would be well advised to run fast and run far. Emotion is a compass that tells us what to do, and a compass that is perpetually stuck on NORTH is worthless. - Daniel Gilbert

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:I heard from someone on the net that you can download the Japanese unicode program or something like that for translating moonspeak. True/False?
There are free programs out there that can let you extract the text and into a manipulable clipboard which does make it simpler to translate but to my knowledge there aren't any actual automated translators around.
If it means anything to you though Gainax did release a comprehensive walkthrough that can be ordered from their store, unfortunately it’s only in Japanese so art wise aside it probably wouldn’t be all that much use.
[URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Synapsidia/EVA/?action=view&current=75772151.jpg]Image[/URL]
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Synapsid wrote: There are free programs out there that can let you extract the text and into a manipulable clipboard which does make it simpler to translate but to my knowledge there aren't any actual automated translators around.

So, what your saying this lil program can read the Kanji as its being typed by the game and then it puts it on a word doc or a similar program?

If so, why the hell have I not been able to find this in my multitude hours of searching?

I do know of and have used a machine (automated) translation program so translating that text would be no prob…if what you say actual works the way it sounds.

If so, good find.

Edit: well I tried it, and it don’t work
So if game uses its own images of text instead of system text functions - nothing useful can be captured from it.
(from the site)
And since I’m pretty sure SIRP uses images as text (as with most Japanese games I thought) it’s not ever gona work.

Damn
A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes, but to get into accord with them; they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love. -Sigmund Freud
If someone offered you a pill that would make you permanently happy, you would be well advised to run fast and run far. Emotion is a compass that tells us what to do, and a compass that is perpetually stuck on NORTH is worthless. - Daniel Gilbert

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:32 pm

You did take a look at the link right? If you set it to run with a game it should post the text into a notepad type file that you can use, It doesn't work with everything though...and what's that about an Automated translation program?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeah I’m pretty sure I got the right link, I used the "free programs" link to the web page, and i downloaded and extracted the .rar, then I extracted the .dll file, I ran the .exe agth file and it brought up a lil notepad like window. I then went to run the game with the notepad thing on...and nothing, no text was loaded as they spoke.

and as for the automated translation program, one of em is called Babylon (IIRC) and its a program that you run so that if you get an email, if its on, it will auto translate the email to the language you want. There was another one which you could have it attach to a program and it would auto translate as stuff was typed. (IIRC, I downloaded em to try to see if they could translate SIRP for me, which failed miserably)

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:45 pm

I've gonte through the read me and translated some things. However with the jobs some of them have several translations, Artist has 18 different ones. :jawdrop: but i will continue to try get a good grasp of it.

EDIT: I got all the jobs translated except for Artist ( like I said theres 18 Kanjis for that one! ) As much as I would like to have a translation for the game, I dont exactly wanna download anything, also I just dont have that kind of time to do it >_<
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:26 pm

The downloads I’m using all came from Microsoft so I’m pretty sure they aren’t viruses.

As for time constraints, yeah kind of the same here.
However, I figured if enough people wanted to have, at least some, English translations of the game (or any Japanese game for that matter) and enough people used those programs to get text versions of the actual in game kanji we could prolly translate (at least a good amount) relatively quickly.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Well I could try sometimes when Im off, I think the best plan would be to have different people do different parts of dialog and break it up into sections. Like one person does plot related material, one person does Satsuki or the other Bridge Bunnies, one person does Shinji and Misato, and etc. What do you think?

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:52 pm

yeah, thats kind of what i had in mind.

i got this from bout a half hour of work (not including distractions).

シンジ:
え?  最近ですか?  
特に話すほど珍しいことなんて何もないですよ。

Its the final thing you can say to Misato in her appt. when you are picking ur schedule.

the toughest part was getting the third sentince first parts, as i had to be using the same amount of "brush stokes" it would actualy take to draw.

but like i said before, once you got a good enough list of text kanji it should be much, much easier.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Translation:
Shinji:
Huh? How recently?
You are talking about have nothing particularly unusual.

I am off wendsday. Ill try to find the voice recognition software and try to translate parts of it. I guess we should see if other people would care to help or want translations first, then decide whom will work on which parts.

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:49 pm

@GGSS: Ok, that sounds fine.

@Anyone who cares: the following dl/programs are to enable you to #1) read kanji on your comp, #2) lets you write/find kanji using your standard keyboard/mouse using an IME, #3) lets you talk in english and has the comp write down what you say on microsoft word (or anything else (it makes a lil side window for stuff that it cant write to)), and #4) lets you speak in Japanese and the voice recognition software will pick it up and write it in kanji (same ways as english). All of the following dl's are from Microsoft, so if you trust them you shouldn't have to wory about a virus.

Here are the things I used:
Note: this is all for Xp users, I’m not sure what the steps would be for any others, but I’m sure it’s roughly the same.
Note#2: you’re going to need your copy of office Xp in order to set up the ability to read the kanji with ur comp during this process.
The first dl allows ur comp to recognize any and all kanji scribbles (for people who cant see them)
This file says that you don’t Need to download this if you are downloading the next file, but I did it anyways just to be safe.

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=24a66277-cd9f-4332-a6f1-52b85a6470bd&displaylang=en[/url]

The second is the main program I’m using to see/write down the kanji characters to micro word.

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEED31CD-15A9-4B86-AFE5-E77A095599F3&displaylang=EN[/url]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee418266(VS.85).aspx
This page shows you how to set up the IME program you just downloaded (the 2nd link)

There, now your kanji writing tool is ready, when you start SIRP if it doesn’t switch to jp version make sure you change it, otherwise you wont be able to write the kanji.

The second part (if you want, which I would recommend) is the voice recognition software which will auto write the kanji it thinks your saying (mine doesn’t work the best, but my speakers and mic aren’t the best, so your results might be better).

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en[/url]
This is the dl link, your going to want to get SpeechSDK51.exe and SpeechSDK51LangPack.exe in that order.
After you dl SpeechSDK51.exe follow this guide as it will help set up your English speech recognition software.

http://www.thirderror.com/speech-recognition-for-xp/
This link will then tell you how to set up your Japanese voice recognition software (SpeechSDK51LangPack.exe)

http://www.thirderror.com/speech-recognition-for-chinese-and-japanese/

Finally finished, now you should be able to talk Japanese and have Microsoft voice copy it down to your current document (if it’s in jp language). You should also be able to now write your own kanji and see the ridiculous amount of different kanji there is so as to fill you full or dread for the coming task for which we have striven these many minutes.

any questions about the IME or how to write/find the kanji don't be afraid to ask, i'll help out the best i can.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:18 am

Been looking over the text extractor. Seems to be a smart idea. Ill trial it over the GFOS2 game and maby Secrets of Evangelion if I can get my psp emulator working.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 pm

:headdesk: I cant use it because I dont have XP office. I had a trial version and it expired PLUS i dont have the money to buy or download a new version.

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:27 pm

hmm, well that’s too bad, if you still want to try working with the kanji I’m pretty sure that there are sites with them on it and you could just copy/paste the list on a word program and look through em, although that would probably be pretty friggin boring and tedious.

Hopefully tomorrow ill be able to talk to my old computer teacher (the one who originally told me about the shear shitatude you would have to go through to translate a jp game) and see if he cant help me any with the games source code (which I’m pretty sure I have).

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Ive found google translate to be fairly helpful, at least for the read me page in the gainax folder. If someone wanted to buy the guid, they might be able to scan some of the pages and see if Google couldnt translate some of it. If we run out of ideas.

Actually, Im going to look for a .PDF file; then see if I cant upload it to Google translate, and translate and copy it.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Excuse the double post; but I am going to try an experiment, I'm going to try for the Satsuki Ending, Im going to go through every schedule Just doing sensity training, studying, and gym; and possibly school.

EDIT: The first choice is Cello player, the 2nd Choice is Basketball Player (when you talk to Misato about careers/clubs) I will put up more as/if I figure anything else out.

UPDATE: I couldnt keep the cake shop from getting totaled, but I beat the angel easier, and got the sonic glaive to use on it. My stats were:

Knowledge 167
Stamina 107
Morality 114
Sensitivity 181
Sexuality 36
SYNCH 52
NERV 150

Update (sorta): Apparently it didnt save right or something last time or i forgot to save, but I was past Issy but when I loaded back up again earlier it said I was back before Asuka like right before JA. :grrr: I was frustrated and didnt feel like starting over.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Beat the game today.

Also, the game makes it explicitly clear Misato attempts to seduce Shinji during the game's take of the episode 23 events:

Misato is saying stuff by his door about how Rei has got to be okay and both she and Asuka have a strong will to live blah blah blah and she enters his room and LAYS on top of him, one of her boobs is practically falling out of her shirt. ><

Shinji rambles about feeling alone and such, Misato says "Shinji-kun, I can only do this for you" Shinji says, "I can't." Misato replies, "I'm sorry." Shinji then yells, "Leave me alone. GET OUT!" When Misato is out of Shinji's room, she says something to herself (not sure what, but it doesn't seem to be about how she's the one that's lonely).

And the game has a scene of Kaworu joining Shinji in the showers (who was crying about everybody he knows being gone) hugging him. After Kaworu says about how Shinji has his regard and how he loves Shinji, Shinji begins to cry about how everybody's gone. Kaworu says how he's there for him.

The ending I got was an AU of KAWORU being the transfer student (from Germany of course). Rei is still RiAO but is somewhat toned-down and Mana is in the AU as well. Basically it was the AU from 26 with some slight alterations. At least I didn't get the Misato on the beach ending. :sweatdrop:

Apparently that's the world Shinji wished for (Kaworu says so himself before the credits roll) during 3I.

By the way, the stats for Shinji's synchro rate was 999 by the end of the game and either his knowledge or strength was at 999, I forget which. I guess that has to do with the ending I got.

After you beat the game you get an extra of playing as Ritsuko and you're raising Kaworu.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:39 am

I had Shinjis knowledge as 999 but ended up with all the 3I's except A,S.
So what your saying is though that ep 26 is your ending so same as mine and not the "Get up you, Its time to get up you dork"?

I just reinstalled it and trying out some .exe reverse engineering software on it to see if I can find out some more or find an easy way of getting the character set to which I have had some luck.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:11 am

No, it's not the 26 AU but a varation. Misato's still the teacher and all his classmates from the game are there. Kaworu instead of RiAO is the transfer student. Funnily enough Shinji isn't seen at all during the AU though I believe we hear him talking to Toji & Kensuke when it starts.

Anyway, I wonder what you have to do to get the A/S wedding end or the regular EoE A/S end. >_>

I like the Shinji Raising game, I just wish it could have been drawn in anime style like the Rei/Asuka Raising Projects.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

overmind2000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby overmind2000 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Wow, I didn't think anyone except me actually played this game.

The AU ending you all are talking about is the Kaworu EoE ending, I think. As far as I know there are two kinds of endings in this game, EoE, and a crazy divergence I like to call "Happyland". The EoE is always the same, except for the Kaworu result, and it always has Shinji on the beach with whomever his relationship was highest with. To get the Happlyand ending(s) you have to win the Zeruel fight without going beserk. I've only managed to achieve this by having a sync ratio of at least 450-500 and using the sword, which you get when the Nerv level reaches 700-750.

The Happyland endings always have two parts to them, job and relationship. What job you end up with depends on what your highest stat, and for some of them which after-school club you picked. Relationship is, of course, dependent on which character your relationship value is the highest with, and something else, probably stat-related, that has to trigger, as I've only managed to get partly but never fully to a proper relationship ending.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”