Entry Plug Construction

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Asterix
Embryo

Entry Plug Construction

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:36 am

Yes, that's right, I am indeed insane. Heaven only knows how long it's going to take me, but I plan on building a complete entry plug. Of course, it won't be as long as it ought to be, but it'll be long enough to have both hatches (the top loading one and the emergency one that Shinji and Gendo both utilize with Rei's plug), and the end rockets for ejection (but I don't plan on putting anything that will fire in there, only the moulding). I would probably end up using it for nothing more than one of those escape-to places where it'd be easy enough to just sit and rest/think/etc, but I still think it would be hella cool to have.

I've done a few prelim drawings for it, but nothing that significant yet. And no, you can't see - my scanner ate crow around three weeks back. Which sucks.

So, if you have any ideas on what I should make this thing out of (in particular the seat inside the plug), fire away. It's quite possible I'll never finish it, thanks to $$, but I'm gonna give it a shot - or at least do all the drawings before I decide it's an attempt in futility.

Oh, and feel free to tell me I'm a looney bin, but maybe keep that to a private message... :lol:
"why is it when an eva gets free will, the first thing it does is eat its own?"
"...tastes like chicken?"

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:41 am

Sounds complicated. Good luck with that. What exactly are you planning on doing with it when it's done?

Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:46 am

Making an Eva-02 clone (yay Asuka!) and taking over the world, duh. :wink:

It would probably just sit in my basement. Our basement is 100% totally undeveloped (like, walls = insulation with plastic over it), so there'd be enough room to construct it down there. And since for the most part nobody goes down there, it would certainly work as a nice quiet place.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:47 am

Can I sit in it? :)

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:38 am

I'll be impressed when I see you attatch the emergency rocket propelled ejection system, climb inside, and use it. (Preferably indoors.) :roll:

Dennis
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:31 am

Sounds like a cool idea, but two questions. How will manufacture and acquire the LCL to survive in the Entry Plug? Will there be bakalite ready to protect you in case of an emergency?

Dennis
*insert something witty*

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:05 pm

Yeah! you are crazy !!!, but at the end, if you can really make that entry plug, we all will be jelaus !!! :x

Hey !!! and if money is an issue here, you can charge for a ride in the plug !!!!, and maybe make your own Evangelion theme park !!! :lol:

But seriously...
Maybe some plastic plates could help you, and PVC tubes to make the structure, paint it an voilá ! you own entry plug.
But the seat is a big trouble... :cry:
You should wait for he movie and then try to get the entry plug used in the motion picture!!! :P

PS: sorry for my english, im a spanish talker :wink:
*insert cool signature here*

Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:07 pm

Xanatose wrote:I'll be impressed when I see you attatch the emergency rocket propelled ejection system, climb inside, and use it. (Preferably indoors.) :roll:

I already said I wouldn't bother with the rockets. Flamethrowers, maybe. :p

thatstoodamnbad wrote:How will manufacture and acquire the LCL to survive in the Entry Plug? Will there be bakalite ready to protect you in case of an emergency?

1) Either extract it from the angel in my closet, or just put air holes in the bottom. Either or.
2) No, I was going to use giant melted candles... It may not be liquid plastic, but burning liquid wax wouldn't be that bad, I don't think. :twisted:

Nephilim wrote:Maybe some plastic plates could help you, and PVC tubes to make the structure, paint it an voilá ! you own entry plug.
But the seat is a big trouble...

I was oringially going to use sheet metal on the seat, and I hadn't decided what for the plug's shell. Enough sheet metal would probably cost me past the ends of the earth, though...

Maybe I should just do the chair, it'd look cool enough with the part at the back and all to be cooler than a big white round thing sitting there looking boring... Plus then the chair could live in my room. :roll:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:38 pm

coff wrote:Can I sit in it? :)

I've got dibs.

Dennis
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:01 pm

How long do you think it will take, and will you take photos of it? Also, whose EVA will it be from?
*insert something witty*

Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:57 pm

thatstoodamnbad wrote:How long do you think it will take, and will you take photos of it? Also, whose EVA will it be from?

How long will it take? I haven't a clue. The money factor will be the biggest hurdle.

No, you won't get pictures - I don't have a digital camera (dad thinks they're "useless, we have normal cameras"), and my scanner is dead.

I'm going to (attempt) to model it after Eva-02 - cause the simple fact remains that Asuka rocks, and that the extra part that goes over the legs in Eva-01's seat would be more work. ^_^'

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:53 pm

You will inform us of stuff right?? And this is where the Rei blow up doll would come in handy hehe.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:30 am

Sounds cool. But it'll only be practical as a coffin.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:07 pm

Maybe you oughta raise some funds, then get some professional guys to help you build it. I'd back you up if I could, as long as we get to take a look at what the finished product is like. *hopeful*
The only thing that would stand in your way are copyrights.
ココにいても、いいの?
Is it okay for me to be here?

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:07 pm

Ive always wonderd how they were able to bend the wood?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:55 pm

heat treatment i think...you have to add enough heat and grease? for it to bend...at least that is what happens with bamboo i think
and for the construction, aluminum and sheet metal seem like the way to go... light, and the chair can be made from polymers and a metal frame...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:25 pm

Oh yeah Sooo thats how they do it
i also just read a article about it hehe
We should see if we can make a life size eva lol

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:36 pm

er...maybe a scale model...but not a life size...
and the entry plug would be really big...
like...up to 10 feet in diameter, and at least 30-40 feet long...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:58 pm

How about a big bronze statue that we can worship lol and get the big guy up stairs angry lol

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:18 am

Dark FireStar wrote:How about a big bronze statue that we can worship lol and get the big guy up stairs angry lol

Maybe we should not tempt the rath of God :roll:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Return to “Fan Works”