DVD Film Strips= Cash

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

DVD Film Strips= Cash

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:12 am

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-28/evangelion-film-strips-auctioning-for-up-to-y30000[/url]

Evangelion Film Strips Auctioning for Up to Y30,000
posted on 2008-04-28 02:50 EDT
Not-So-Daily Link of the Day: The DVDs for the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone film remake just went on sale on April 25, but the film strips that come bundled with the special edition sets are already fetching online auction bids of up to 30,001 yen (about US$287) each. Each 5,985-yen (US$57) special edition set includes about five frames of film — clipped from film reels that were actually used in last year's theatrical screenings. With only about 300,000 special edition sets produced, a film strip that happens to show a popular character or scene is commanding high auction bids.

As of Monday afternoon (Japan Standard Time), the highest current Yahoo! Auctions Japan bid is 30,001 yen for a film strip depicting the character Misato after she downs a can of beer. Not far behind is a 29,800 yen bid (about US$285) for a film strip (pictured at right) of the pilots Shinji and Rei just before Shinji boards the EVA-01 unit for the first time. The next highest is a 26,000-yen (US$248) film strip of a smiling Rei just after she ejects from her damaged EVA-00 unit. A film strip showing a naked Kaworu — a scene newly created for the movie remake — stands at 25,000 yen (US$239) with one day remaining in its auction.

-So, to those who got their DVD already, what scene ya got?

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 am

The one that came with my DVD has 5 frames of this scene -

It comes in a matt black stand made of card and the film appears to be in a plastic sheath.

I imagine the ones of Rei smiling will be sought after.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm

http://bbs15.aimix-z.com/gbbs.cgi?room=eva103

Many pics of many strips
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Dude, the guy who got the strip with Shinji jumping out of the bathroom got a good one. Feel bad for the guy who just got Japanese letters.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Soth
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Soth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm

*Lurker Mode Off*

Mine:
Last edited by Soth on Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Those are awesome.

I've noticed though, in the pictures on the Japanese fansite (love how the Japanese call Glasses Girl Mari as such めがねっこ too), are they really that dark quality-wise? Or is it just the type of camera/whatever people used upload the pictures?

(They're film strips from the shitty camrip, aren't they? ;) )
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:58 am

Iron Rooster wrote:Dude, the guy who got the strip with Shinji jumping out of the bathroom got a good one. Feel bad for the guy who just got Japanese letters.

I actually feel envy for someone who got Unit 01. Makes me wish I wasn't broke then or now, would have gotten a copy.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:53 am

Thats it Im buying an offical copy now (although I was going to anyway) but that is insane. Its like Ginax is saying here have a gold mine sit on it and watch the price rise.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Soth
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Soth » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:21 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I've noticed though, in the pictures on the Japanese fansite (love how the Japanese call Glasses Girl Mari as such めがねっこ too), are they really that dark quality-wise? Or is it just the type of camera/whatever people used upload the pictures?

Yep. My 5 frames are really dark. From afar seems completely black.
I photoshoped the contrast and the brightness to actually be able to see something.
But in the movie this scene is already pretty dark per se...

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:42 am

I saw something on Japanese websites about the film being too dark and talks about a Blu ray release or something.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:10 pm

I got a film strip of this:

http://www.tesuji.org/images/rebuild_film_strip.jpg

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:48 pm

pretty cool guys
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue May 06, 2008 1:01 pm

I got a film strip of Ritsuko saying they cant eject Shinji from Eva Unit 01 because the A.T. Field would collapse (when he gets shot by the 6th Angel)

Only now I can't play my DVD throuhg my MacBook Pro on VLC. Anyone have a way to help me? Thanks.

ATField-day
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ATField-day » Thu May 08, 2008 10:02 am

/lurker

My film strip is of nude Shinji opening the door on Pen-pen. It's a pretty funny one.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”