Have you met any of the voice actors or actresses?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:10 pm

I meant Re-Take, in regards to what was said a post or two in. The idea of Spike actually having read that is hilarious, but it being true would be that much better. Or, if he was informed of it and gave a response, his reaction if he ever read the material.

Rebuild, I'm sure he'd love to do. High-profile role in a hyped film series, even if the reception isn't exactly open-armed.
My memory and thought patterns are quite dodgy, and can best be described as "the lights are on but nobody is home."

That should explain a few things, if not many.

zimlord
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby zimlord » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:35 am

met Greg Ayres at this past Katsucon--awesome guy. He was watching Welcome to the NHK with us, since he was yamazaki's va. It was pretty cool, he'd just go along saying awesome, hilarious shit as the episode played. and for some odd reason, it was in english with english subtitles. at one point greg fried this old guy in the back:

nub: "hey, why aren't we watching this in Japanese?"

Ayres: "I dunno. I mean, there might be one of the english voice actors in the front of the room. just an idea."

also,
he DJed the rave later that night. better voice actor than DJ, though.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed May 07, 2008 11:50 am

I sat about two empty chairs from Matt Greenfield once. I didn't say anything, though; in my mind such an encounter would have been incredibly awkward. At the time I really, really didn't like him.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 07, 2008 2:38 pm

You didn't like him AT THE TIME? What about now then?

I probably wouldn't say anything to him either; or at least "Hi, Eva rocks." and that's it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed May 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:You didn't like him AT THE TIME? What about now then?

I can't say I like him, but back then I really, really didn't like him. At the time we (and by "we" I mean many of you and myself) were very focused on all the ways he was screwing up around the Evangelion license and whatnot, and then there was the movie that should be coming out right now which didn't exactly make his blundering any easier to take when he was the sole known producer (lol). But in the last few years my attention has been focused in many elsewheres, so I haven't any reason to be mad at him anymore. If he's made any major flubs since the Platinum special features fiasco, I'm afraid I wasn't paying attention.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 07, 2008 6:37 pm

If he's made any major flubs since the Platinum special features fiasco, I'm afraid I wasn't paying attention.

Same, actually.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Wed May 14, 2008 2:17 am

Spike is a top bloke. I would reccoment going and seeing him if hes in your town. Well worth it ^_^
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Sun May 18, 2008 4:13 am

Met Spike at Supanova. Awesome guy, really friendly and always up for telling jokes. During the preview night, he constantly had the crowd in stitches and me actually liking what I have seen of his Shinji (not much), I ended up chatting to him. Signed my EoE and Death and Rebirth. Nice guy. If he goes back to Supanova, definitely will try and see him.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”