[LAEM] Script being floated....

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Script being floated....

Postby bp32 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:54 am

...well, its been said that there is a preliminary script that is being shopped to directors. What I am wondering is whether a copy will leak online. I have seen scripts for sale on ebay for movies that are either in production or have not been released yet...anyone have any idea how we might go about getting a sneak-peak at this baby??
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:40 pm

We won't. Any script found online will almost assuredly be fake.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:44 pm

Dave wrote:We won't. Any script found online will almost assuredly be fake.

Why? Surely early drafts of scripts have leaked out before, right? I am not saying its easy, but it would seem possible that a draft could end up online or in the hands of someone who could distribute it, no?
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:46 pm

Perhaps you didn't follow the logic in my statement. Even if you find the real script, there's no way to be sure aside from calling whoever the hell wrote the damn thing.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:51 pm

Dave wrote:Perhaps you didn't follow the logic in my statement. Even if you find the real script, there's no way to be sure aside from calling whoever the hell wrote the damn thing.

Well if you put it that way I can agree--but depending upon the source and the quality and detail of the thing one could make a reasonable assumption as to whether it was authentic--either way it would be worth checking out just as a way to pass the time until this project gets cooking...

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:25 pm

bp32 I think you are going a little too far with your wishful thinking. There will most likely be a couple scripts leaked, and I doubt any of them will be authentic. And why would you want to see the script early? It would kind of spoil the whole movie.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:42 pm

Hunter21 wrote:There will most likely be a couple scripts leaked, and I doubt any of them will be authentic. And why would you want to see the script early? It would kind of spoil the whole movie.

Not really, since these are early drafts which will be probably be changed dramatically by the time they actual finish this thing...I am just curious to see where their thinking is going. And I don't think it would spoil it any more than having read the Lord of the Rings 'spolied' the movies for some people. Just looking for an early taste of what they plan to do--seeing the finished project will be an experience in itself. Also, how could a script that is leaked not be authentic? Do you mean that they will be unused drafts? If so, this is exactly what I would like to see--even unused drafts are interesting in their own right to see what kinds of ideas they were kicking around....but, thats just my opinion...

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Yeah, I want one too. Even if it is fake it would give me something to do, I'm tired of wank... um... video games, yeah video games.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:58 pm

Remind me to write one up and then post it on ebay for $100 a shot. It sounds like I could reel in a couple of suckers. :twisted:
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:10 pm

Dave wrote:We won't. Any script found online will almost assuredly be fake.

One comes to mind. Kojiro Abe made a fanfic script and published it on his site. Obviously, he said it wasn't real, just his own script idea.

One LA Eva news site, which will remain nameless, either took it and chopped out the credits, and told everyone it was by ADV, or was sent it and published it online foolishly think it was legit, and didn't bother trying to determine if it was legit.

Fortunately the site sucks and no one reads it.

And believe me guys, if a script HAD leaked out, I would have said something, and if something does come along, I will post it, even if I don't know how legit it is, of course I won't say it is, I'll say "I found this script, its probably bogus, but read it nonetheless".

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:22 pm

Thats why I like you Monkey--you give the masses whats they wants :wink:

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:03 am

I very much doubt that a script you'd want to read exists. Some of the earliest news alluded to a script that Matt was working on, whereas the last bit of information ever released testified that the basic framework of the film hadn't even been decided upon.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:09 am

My guess is that they essentially took the first six episodes, chopped out some of the silly stuff, removed character names, and other cultural references. Basically, they probably took the old ADR scripts, and used a text editor to replace "Japan" with "America", "Tokyo-3" with "New City", and "Shinji Ikari" with "Annoying male protagonist".

My bet is that the supposed script is nothing more than a pale facsimile of the first 6 episodes, nothing terribly elaborate or entertaining to read. My question is "Why bother with a scipt?". Why not just send some comp copies to the director's office? I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find the time to watch a few episodes to get a feel for it.

KamaKase
Embryo

Postby KamaKase » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:39 pm

"Why not just send some comp copies to the director's office? I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find the time to watch a few episodes to get a feel for it."

...because....ermmm.....that's just not how it's done. WAG'll probably want to get a director who's already seen the anime, or who's heard of it....or who is atleast open minded to the world of anime.
As seen many.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”